Anyone else get into Beck through that Futurama episode?

• Anyone else get into Beck through that Futurama episode?

I sure did. I really enjoyed the episode and the music so I went out and bought Odelay. Possibly the best thing I have ever done. Thank you Futurama!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jan 2006, 20:37
    Yeah, i was interested in his music before, but the Song on Futurama was the first i really heared.
    Then i've bought "Guero" and everything began. Think my second album was "Mutations" and then "Odelay" & "Mellow Gold". "Midnite Vultures" and "Sea Change" were bought later because i had no money but, well, that's it. I didn't buy them in this order for some special reason, i only bought them in this order because i found them in the Stores in that order ;)
    So many orders, ouch..

btw: Hey, i'm new :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jan 2006, 19:13
    I was in New York and I think that I just stepped where beck filmed a part of the Devil's Haircut clip. and so I was tripping. and then at night we were at the hotel, and I opened the TV, and it was Futurama, and it happened to be the Beck episode, which I had wanted to see for a long time. and it was damn good.

• sja4 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jun 2006, 04:20
    Wait, I love Futurama, and i love Beck, but i've never even heard of this episode! Can someone please tell me about it or give me a link to some place with a video or discription. I'd really appreciate it.

• DFA1979 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 3 Jul 2006, 14:32
    Yeah, I was interested in him already but had never actually listened to him properly until after that episode. He should have included the song with Bender on Guero ;)

• hehe, i got into him before i saw that. i'm going to see him :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2007, 23:32
    It helped me actually too. Heehee. I was mildly interesting before, and I finally got up and downloaded some songs. Bought some albums, and the rest is history. It's a really good idea for artists to guest star on shows for reasons like this.

• What an awesome way to get into beck! I love that episode XD

Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls talked about how much she loved the album "Sea Change" by beck in an interview, so I decided to check it out, and I loved it!

(This account is no longer in use. New account here; Marx)
  • I remember this year, a day after I discovered Beck, and get obsessed with him, i saw that episode.
    That was magical

• pithaCZ said...
    • User
    • 6 Mar 2008, 22:29
    Definitely... thx to Futurama for this unique discover.. great artist /bow

shit happens
  • Haha that epidode was awesome but I was already listening to beck before I saw it.

• No, but I did get into Futurama because Beck was in it.

• I Love Futurama and Beck what a great combination, and yes! I get into Beck through the show, since then I've been listening all his albums :D, and hoping I can see 'em live jajaa

\,,/d-_-b
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2008, 17:02
    Have to say i was into Beck before i saw that episode. Though a classic episode, Beck -"Usually that song doesn't last for 3 hours but i got into a serious groove and then i forgot how it ended"

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 Aug 2008, 15:41
    I had heard him on the radio before but futurama is what really introduced me to him.

"get me the becktionary... no the rhyming becktionary."

• lol good episode, I love Futurama :)

• No, but here's mine!

I got into Beck way before, with some video in MTV like in 1998 or something like that I was nine and that's where it began, I'm from México so people know who's Beck, but they don't know his music, so he has never come to México for a concert! its amazing! he adds Mexico to his songs a lot and never comes! but whatever... SO I work now with a Mexican band called Cafe Tacvba that toured with Beck in 2000, now last year they were invited to play at the Outside Lands Fest. in San Francisco and Beck played there I got a chance to see him live and stuff, at the same park he performed in the Futurama Ep.! YEY!

elerictronic
  • actually i got into futurama thanks to beck :D
    mean, i saw that episode cos beck was there and instantly loved it! :)

• Neavers said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2009, 22:14
    Yeah, I went through the whole Futurama to Beck transition.

• Mostly, yes. That and I saw the "Mixed Bizness" film clip on TV the next day, and I was undergoing that typical mid teenage painful transition thing, and Beck's music seemed to speak to me.

And I haven't looked back since.

• Ga-Bho said...
    • User
    • 26 Mar 2009, 20:09
    Yessss, i saw that episode and i asked to my uncle one of his albums...

Roots,Bloody Roots!
  • No, I just heard a lot of his songs on the radio and thought I'd better buy an album because his music is amazing.

• Ha_vva said...
    • User
    • 6 Jun 2009, 21:51
    no,i know beck before i saw that futurama episode:)

• I became a fan through that Futurama episode. Without that episode, I wouldn't have discovered Beck.

• Ya, I'd never heard his stuff before, but I thought it sound interesting in the show. I wanted to see if the original song was as good.

He had the look of a lawn mower just after the grass had organized a workers' collective. There was a definite suggestion that, deep inside, he knew this was not really happening. It could not be happening because this sort of thing did not happen. Any contradictory evidence could be safely ignored.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.