• nitum said...
    • User
    • 9 Sep 2006, 09:31

The new LP

So, since there is a forum now I kind of feel like writing the first thread.
    So have you heard the new ASF? And if so, what do you think of it? Do you like it or do you like the old albums better? Just post some opinions.

• steph_s said...
    • User
    • 21 Sep 2006, 17:24
    Whos ASF? I wiki'd it up, and the only band that has that abbreviation (to Wikipedia's knowledge) is Alien Sex Fiend.

• nitum said...
    • User
    • 26 Sep 2006, 11:45
    ASF is short for alexisonfire, well that was how wade wrote it on my shirt so it's the only abbreviation I use for alexisonfire. To start this thread off, I don't like the new record at all. It's lame in my opinion, and going veeeery mainstream. You can hear it on the first track right away, the vocals (even the ones which are supposed to be screaming or something) are very clean, the music is
    not so hard to get into it I suppose. Maybe that's what they wanted, produce an album for the masses, but well it's not what I expected. For a Newcomer band it would be a pretty good start though, but for a band that has done really great albums before it's a shame. Please post what you think about it, I'm very curious to know.
    Meanwhile I'll go listen to "Watch out!" again (and again and again ;-) )

• nitum... whats wrong with you... its an amazing album; you burn first aside, its just brilliant... what's actually wrong with it, in your opinion? and don't say "too mainstream" because it could never be considered mainstream...

• steph_s said...
    • User
    • 5 Oct 2006, 00:19
    Its a great album in my opinion. A little more punkiness won't hurt anyone. I love Watch Out! too, and people were calling that the mainstream album. Alexisonfire (AOF) is just progressing. People's music tastes change. Mine have in the past couple of years, so have theirs. Yours probably hasn't. Deal with it.

• I really believe it's an amazing album.

Even You Burn First.

Alright, it sounds nothing like Alexis., but it's a very good song nonetheless.

The whole album is very well put together.

My favourite AOF album has to be their Self-Titled, but I love Crisis and Watch Out!. K? K.

=D

• nitum said...
    • User
    • 12 Oct 2006, 12:25
    Okay, first of all there's nothing wrong with me. And I wouldn't say my musical taste hasn't changed. Just watch my top 50 artist, there are so many different styles and I wouldn't describe myself as narrow minded (do you say so in english?). I can listen to nearly everything, since it's done good. No matter if it's indie,screamo,emo or for god's sake even some hiphop. The people I talked also said that it's the worst album of theirs, that were people who already listened to alexisonfire, while other friends of mine who never liked them, like the new album. So I don't blame anyone's opinion,and so should'nt you do, it was just interesting for me to see what other people had to say.

• i love all their albums.
    the new album is more melodramatic & also more mature as they are maturing.
    the old stuff is heavier as opposed to crisis but i still love it :]

AOF FOREVER :]

xxx

• i like the old stuff better, my favourite is watch out! for sure ^^ ... crisis...mh i like a few song like "mailbox arson" and "to a friend" but i agree with what you said. it's going to be mainstream and kind of soft...
    i can't wait to see them next week in berlin x)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Dec 2006, 14:06
    The New LP is the best. Point

• timroy said...
    • User
    • 18 Dec 2006, 02:55
    obviously self-titled is the best cd, but they're not going to make the same one over and over again so of course it's different but it's still really good.

• well, yeah, i prefer the self-titled, then watch out!, and then crisis, but i still don't think it's a bad record. some of the songs are pretty catchy and others are bland. i love rough hands.

• ILTN said...
    • User
    • 6 Jan 2007, 01:08
    it's a great record but watch out was alot better, however if you look at it this way, AOF are always changing their styles. self-titled was their hardest and most screaming orinentated, Watch Out was softer then self-titled but still retained the rawness and was somewhat of a transition between self-titled and Crisis. If AOF had gone stright from self-titled styling to Crisis style then it would be too big a change. And quite honestly I think that it was cool their willing to experiment since alot of bands tend to find a formula that works stick to that and then it gets boring, and sure it maybe alot cleaner but hey atleast you can still tell it's alexisonfire... ok so sorry for my long winded rant, but over all it's a soild album!

• Crisis is a great album though not their best (in my opinion). I think there's a good continuity between all of the albums (specialy between watch out! and crisis) that's one reason why they're an awsome band.

I'll go for Watch Out! as my best, but Crisis is very good.

• moern89 said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2007, 17:59
    I really like "Crisis" now, but it took me like a month or something to get into it. I kinda felt like they had commercialized their music a bit, and I did not like the feeling. But after some random listening to it, I found that it really rocks. I'm also glad that they are evolving their style, just like ILTN says. Bands that stick to a formula get really boring in the end, and that sucks, because there really are a lot of good musicians that get stuck in these bands, and don't get to evolve their music in a positive direction. Alexisonfire has the guts to try something "new". (not that its such a radical difference from "Watch Out" to "Crisis".) Anyways, fantastic CD. Can't wait until the next one.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Mar 2007, 04:44
    CRISIS = brilliant.
    the moment i first listened to it, i knew i'll love it.
    :)

• Crisis is the best AoF LP, ever.
    Its different...
    The music's more like Post_hardcore than Screamo...
    And in combination with Dallas', Wade's and George Lyrics it's just a very unique CD.

I love it!
    AoF kept on improving over the years.

Alexisonfire < Watch Out! << Crisis ;)

Btw: If Wade wrote ASF on your Shirt, tell me why AOF is printed on the Crisis LP^^

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
  • I think that nitum is VERY right, I hate Crisis with a passion, it's almost everything I hate about the music industry, they've toned it down for the masses, it's boreing, dull and bland. Drunks, Lovers and Siants is probably the worst song i've ever heard. I hate it so much I made a group a few hours ago, please join: http://www.last.fm/group/Alexisonfire+%28Pre-Crisis%29

• self titled FTW

• what the fuck lol, aSf? you must be dislexic or something my friend.

jessica
  • =D

I think that Crisis is my fav album...

• I think that nothing compares to the first album, fucking great

• cabaretragico said:
    I think that nothing compares to the first album, fucking great

Crisis does rock but it doesnt hold a candle to the first album (except maybe the bridge of boiled frogs)

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    -Ernest Hemingway
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.