iPod scrobbling with Winamp

• MrMex said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2007, 18:15

iPod scrobbling with Winamp

Hey guys, is there any way to scrobble the songs you've heard on yout iPod using Winamp instead of iTunes?

• try ml_iPod... it's a 3rd party plugin for iPod, but it's alot more stable than the Nullsoft one.

EDIT: Found the link: ml_iPod

• jmejay said...
    • User
    • 8 Sep 2008, 22:09
    google lastpod

• ml_ipod is my ultimate winamp plugin.
    use it to sync my motorola e1rokr itunes, scrobble last.fm, and on :D

• BeNgEE4 said...
    • User
    • 13 Sep 2008, 15:49

how

How does it scrobble the ipod tracks. Like the ipsroggler thing
    Based on a playcount in winamp?

• jmejay said...
    • User
    • 17 Sep 2008, 13:27
    its based on the last played date on your ipod i think

• BeNgEE4 said...
    • User
    • 18 Sep 2008, 07:50
    ahh either way it doesnt work for me disappointlingy. It doesnt scrobble anything ive played, and then when it does it turns of my computers scrobbler meaning I have to redownload, is there any other application I could use

• I dunno about other software, Personally I've never had any trouble with mlIpod... however, it won't work with the LastFm client scrobbler :(.

Just with the ml_pod setup...
    do you have the scrobbler set to "submit immediately, even when no iPods are connected?" (Preferences>iPod Support>Extras>Last.fm)?

Is the scrobbler set up with the right details and enabled? (Preferences>Plug-ins>General Purpose>AudioScrobbler for Winamp>Configure)?

If your still having problems with it, try the winamp forum at Ml_iPod Forum

• DRXV said...
    • User
    • 27 Dec 2008, 03:56
    I just want the iPod + ml_iPod thing (scrobbling tracks from iPod) to work.

I did scrobble tracks the first time I used it. Then it stopped working. Any one can help me with that? I have the latest Winamp and ml_ipod versions on Windows XP with Nano 4G.

O O Ø O O
  • I don't understand it. I'm using the ml_iPod but it's not working. I can scrobble tracks with Winamp, that works fine, but I just cant get it to work. I'm trying lastpod right now, but it seems even worse.

• I use ""lastPod" and it works great. I tried other programms and the "normal" way with last.fm, but nothing worked. Since i have lastPod everything is perfect......

-Best friends means forever, cunt-
  • An with this programm you don't need winamp, just iTunes....

-Best friends means forever, cunt-
    • DRXV said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2009, 09:04
    That would be my problem. iTunes doesn't work on my PC. I know why too.

I've noticed ml_Pod randomly scrobbles to my account whenever it feels like. Three times so far.

O O Ø O O
  • I could scrobble songs with the newest Winamp without any plugins. :o

- Sue
  • sueblack said:
    I could scrobble songs with the newest Winamp without any plugins. :o

What? How? Please do tell, I miss my ipod scrobbles damn it.

• DRXV said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2009, 03:40
    sueblack said:
    I could scrobble songs with the newest Winamp without any plugins. :o

We're talking about scrobbling songs from the iPod (using the ml_iPod plugin).

Anyways, I think I figured this thing out. Songs you play for the first time (songs that don't have timestamps) usually get scrobbled and if you play a song more than once, it doesn't get scrobbled. So maybe if you guys experiment with clearing out the timestamps more often it'll work more often?

It's something I've noticed, I haven't really looked into it that much.

O O Ø O O
    • KaelHT said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2009, 11:37
    Great! It's working for me with ml_ipod! Thanks a lot guys ^^

• DRXV said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2009, 00:27
    I upgraded to the latest version of winamp and it was complete *hit with iPods (it transferred files faster but no album artwork or scrobbling).

So I reinstalled Winamp version 5.1 I think (install file name winamp51) and iPod_Support_v3_07.

Both of these work 100% with my iPod nano 4G.

Hope that helps anyone who uses winamp just for scrobbling.

O O Ø O O
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.