• Dkos said...
    • User
    • 22 Sep 2007, 13:59

Introduce Thyself

Every forum needs a place where you go to tell everyone who you are...

I'm a 19 year old male, from Sydney, Australia. My favourite things in the world are Music and Sport. I stare at my Lastfm charts more often than I should, especially around study times. I listen to alot of different music (you can go have a stare at my charts if you want to know more)..

Now it's your turn!

• I'm Ris, I'm 16 and I have no life, hence the chart staring.

Erm.

• I'm Katy, and I'm 19. I'm from St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada. Since it's crazy boring here, I've taken to staring at my Last.fm charts for something to do. And now, I can't seem to stop. :P

• I'm Clayton, I'm 18, from Ohio. I like pretty much a little bit of everything music-wise. An important thing to note is that I like metal but I'm not a creepy antisocial goth asshole.

• Dkos said...
    • User
    • 9 Oct 2007, 00:39
    CDSBigsby said:
    I'm Clayton, I'm 18, from Ohio. I like pretty much a little bit of everything music-wise. An important thing to note is that I like metal but I'm not a creepy antisocial goth asshole.

Well that can only be construed as a good thing. :)

• Erodar said...
    • User
    • 9 Oct 2007, 16:39
    I'm a creepy 15-year old from the Netherlands. I have no life, so I stare at my charts. ;D Real name's Stijn. But you probably can't pronounce that. At least, most English people I know can't.

• Well, I'm Boris, 19 years old, from Moscow, which the capital of Russia, tiny little country to the east from Europe. And I'm a student, so I do have a real life. I just stare at my charts when I really have nothing else to do.
    CDSBigsby said:
    I like pretty much a little bit of everything music-wise. An important thing to note is that I like metal but I'm not a creepy antisocial goth asshole.
    Yep, I think I can say the same about myself.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
    --- Frank Herbert, Dune - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear
  • well... -_-'

greetings from Portugal.

i won’t tell my real name because you won’t pronounce it well, and then I’ll get very angry and convert myself in to a sand storm. and if I’d do such a thing, I’d have to clean it immediately after, so, let’s just be practical, dudes: I won’t tell you who I am; nevertheless, my presence here is very important for your lives. mark my words: if you all stare together at your charts, with really, really strength, without blinking and moving for days, it will make an interesting trick.

• I'm Kelsey from New Zealand and I'm 18. My brother often looks at me with slight disdain saying "Are you looking at your charts again?"

Yes. Ok? Shutup.

• Erodar I can bronounce your name perfectly well, the kid of a friends friend (ehmm) was just named Stijn... I go to the Netherlands this week *wave*

My name is Maria, born in India, adopted - hence now I'm Swiss :D. 23 years old. Just broke up after several years, looks for a job and a new flat, listens to tons of music, and likes discovering new things...hence the shoutbox, charts staring (I'm bored, what shall I listen to next, what did I recently listen too....you get the idea).

Please feel invited to stare at my charts too....and leave a shoutbox-message, so my staring at that thing makes sense.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”
    Sergei Rochmaninov; Composer
  • Hey there!
    I'm Julia, from Germany, like nearly all kinds of rock music, from Classic Rock to pop rock, but mostly punk, hardcore and japanese music. My favorite bands are My chemical Romance and HIM, well I've a recent obsession with L'arc~en~ciel and I guess I look at my charts too often! xD And oh, I'm always searching for new good music to listen to and I looove playing guitar! :D

• Yo. I'm Griff and I'm from Poland. I like all kinds music too with some exceptions. Recently I'm addicted to Creed - What If and Riverside - I Turned You Down. Overall I'm Tool fan *_* I like manga and anime and other stuff.

See my World,Your master is looking into the Darkness

• jp265 said...
    • User
    • 28 Feb 2008, 22:06
    Goedendag (Dutch for Goodday)

I'm Jan-Pieter from Grave in The Netherlands...
    23 years of age, and well... joined this group for i i find myself staring at my last.fm charts fairly often usually telling myself i'm doing that to discover new music ;)

• Oladio everyone,

My name is Astrid, and just as Jan-Pieter above I'm from the Netherlands. I live in some hamlet called Hendrik Ido Ambacht, which you probably don't know but which is quite close to Rotterdam, which you probably do know -maybe. I'm 14 years old, and I joined this group because I don't really have a life and staring at my charts (and the charts of other too, by the way) is the only thing I do, all day long.
    All right, that's not really true, but I could just pretend it was. You wouldn't know, I mean, you don't know me. I could just be some sort of freak who seems to be hypnotised by those charts, and stares at them 24/7. Could be. But it's not true.
    My favourite musician is Jack Johnson -you could have noticed that while you were staring at my charts.

Jeees, this is just turning into the story of my life, and I haven't even given you any real details about my life. I might just do that, if you are bothering me. You might just get bored, very, very bored. The story of my life isn't interesting at all. Just some crap about schools, music and the fact that I'm terribly lazy -too lazy to tell you. Although I just did. Hmm.

Well, that's it for today. It turned out to be quite a long story, though.

Today is only one day in all the days that will ever be. But what will happen in all the other days that ever come can depend on what you do today.
  • I'm Kate, I'm 19 and from Adelaide, South Australia. I love music, but I'm guessing everyone here does lol. My charts arent a very good representation of what I normally listen 2, since I don't listen 2 music on my computer much, and so you couldnt tell that my fave artists r Robbie Williams, Good Charlotte, Coheed and Cambria, and Matchbox Twenty. I also think most of the Fueled by Ramen bands, 80s rock bands, and a lot of Australian rock bands like Thirsty Merc, Dallas Crane etc are pretty much amazing. I'm kind of a pop-punk tart 2 =P
    I'm a second year at UniSA, studying Science. I do have a life, but I tend to ignore it so I can stare at my and randoms charts =P
    XO

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2008, 01:28
    Erodar said:
    Real name's Stijn. But you probably can't pronounce that.

Is it pronounced "stine"? Like, rhymes with "spine"?

Anyway, I'm 18 and from the US. I'll be graduating high school in May, and going into the US Air Force. After that, I'll likely attend Ohio State University, majoring in Computer Science and minoring in French. I like a little bit of everything. My charts accurately represent my music taste, so check them out if you want. Even though I don't listen to it much, I'm pretty open-minded toward any type of metal (excluding death/black metal). I have to say, I don't like too much rap because the topic of most of the lyrics turns me away.

I'm a pretty boring person; I stay at home most of the time wasting my life on the computer. I go to concerts occasionally, and would love to see Nightwish and Tarja Turunen live. I'll be going to see Turisas in April when they come to Cleveland. Whenever foreign bands come to my area of the US, I try to go see them because I don't know when or if they'll come back again.

I usually spend time staring at my charts when I'm supposed to be studying.

• Akink said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2008, 14:24
    My name is Jonna (as we have a discussion about pronouncing here - it's pronounced Yoan-na, if you want to know...) and I'm from Poland.
    When I get bored (or, rather, when I don't want to do things I should be doing, like studying, tiding, etc) I look at my stats. And other people stats. And group stats. And in fact, all kinds of stats, not only last.fm. I know stats are not always true, because when man walks a dog they statistically have 3 legs... however I'm still stat addict.
    When I don’t look at my stats I read, make jewellery, take photos or write on forums.

The only thing that stands between me and total happieness is reality.
  • My name is Pat (derived from the name Patrick, pronounced Pat-rick if you wanted to know, I like the name because it's sort of a double up, I could go with Pat or Rick. I pretty much chose Pat because Rick Astley ruined the other name, I actually now feel sorry for anyone called Rick out there, crying shame really). I currently reside in a nice quiet town on the border of Eastern Australia called Sydney, maybe one day I will travel extensively to a far away land, Melbourne perhaps.

• Hi everyone!
    I'm Daniele, 21, from Italy.

The reason why I stare at my charts is not because I don't have a life, but because I do that when I should be supposed to be at university. I hate attending lessons, so I stay home staring at my charts or I wander around the city, if I'm not with my friends.

As you can see I'm a very bored person.

• Its easy to know the kind of music I like...

I really love football (soccer for the americans), I watch between two and five matches per week. I like watching movies on tv, not knowing what i'll see before turning on the tv (dont like to programate myself to watch THAT SPECIFIC movie at that specific time...)... I am a sociology student and my interests in reading range from Marx, Nietzsche, Mauss and Weber to Homer (ah, I'm a Simpsons fan, also), Dostoievsky, Camus, plus a lot of french authors...

I live the half of the week alone because my parents always travel. I think this is enough!

• I'm Kittie and hate life, thus the staring. ;D

• Andrew, from Portugal. I love to headbang, going to mosh pits and mostly LEE KICKS

• I'm Dobri from Bulgaria and i just saw all of your charts,seriously need to get a life.Ok i like drinking beer hanging out,music,and annoying people ...

http://www.last.fm/group/Asatru+%2C+emo+hating%2C+metal+listening+group Asatrists!!!! Join my group (by the way i need some ideas for it but i think we'll manage)
    Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Sep 2009, 12:06
    Hellos. I'm Whatevernamenobodycaresanyway and I don't like introducing myself. I'm bored though so I have to write something somewhere. Uh. Well. I'm a girl. I'm 19 years old. I don't have a life but I talk with people who have them. Once a week at least. I like water but I'm not swimming since the water is filthy. I like trees but I'm not climbing since I'm scared of worms and dust. I don't stand near them nor touch them, too, as you probably figured out already. But trees are cool. I love dogs. I love my laptop. I love money but they don't love me. I love happy feelings. I love snow. I love books but since internet consumes most of my time, I don't read much. It seems that I love whining lately, too. I like manga and anime. I can't draw. I'm uh... I'm done.

• 22 leeds in yorkshire england
    i had something interesting to say, then the internet took over

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.