This just occurred to me...

• This just occurred to me...

The title of this group...is it from the Leonard Cohen song *Famous Blue Raincoat*? or is this just coincidence?

*K

• I will be very disappointed if the name of group comes from song lyrics of any kind. I dunno, I'm in love with it and the magic would just be ruined if any musician was responsible for it.

• sounds like Celuie has a lot of responsibility to keep the spirit alive ^^

Julia, erklärs erna. I find des jo voi witzig, teufel auch, voi witzig! :D

• Isn't it from Chelsea Hotel #2?

Huzzah!
    • jieunit said...
    • User
    • 6 Jun 2006, 08:31
    It is from Chelsea Hotel #2 :)

"And clenching your fist for the ones like us
    who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
    you fixed yourself, you said, "Well never mind,
    we are ugly but we have the music."

• well..

at least I was right about it being Leonard Cohen....:)

• Celuie said...
    • User
    • 7 Jul 2006, 14:38
    I just saw, there is a blog also with the same name.. that is even Austrian.

Quote creekpeople:
    ..I, who had bravely sat out Rilo Kiley, to attend Conor Oberst - that time, at the Viennese Arena..

And no, I am not good with that.

you chanel chainsaw, you.
    • Celuie said...
    • User
    • 7 Jul 2006, 14:50

+!

(Mattering Flotation Toy Warnings Bluffers Guide To Flight Deck:)

...vermengen sich zu einer Mischung aus den Eels, während sich die entscheiden, ob sie Beautiful Freak oder Daisies of the Galaxy ihr Lieblingsalbum nennen sollen, gepaart mit ein paar Tropfen Flaming Lips als psychoaktivem Zusatz...

Arrhh! Why just people always feel so fucking heartrendingly bound to play up their self-styled recension-artistry by referring a musical formation's affiliation and origins to a mixture of any remotely fitting seeming bands among the handful they can think of that have existed before the one in question?
    What is it, The Flaming Lips moaning, and Eels' mellifluence? Stunning, indeed! Oh, I forgot - how thoughtless of me, honey, not! - Flaming Lips are always among the gifting influences.

(Excuses. Excuses, so much. It must be the weather.)

• Re: +!

Quoth Celuie:
    (Excuses. Excuses, so much. It must be the weather.)

Lame excuse. Weather is just fine. But you're right: People should not conjure up artful desserts out of random artists and styles.

• Celuie said...
    • User
    • 7 Jul 2006, 16:02
    It's thundery and sultry. :) And I'll soonest have a car in two hours, right? <swear tirade>

The Flaming Lips + Eels = Flotation Toy Warning is just lame! My excuse is perfect!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2006, 03:53
    yeah i was thinking that too.

but if it was gonna be named after any musician's lyrics, might as well be the best songwriter ever.

• Stop complaining; Leonard Cohen rules!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Sep 2006, 15:46
    LC is an awld has-been of a sad wino. But at least he's canadian which renders him some bonus south park pts.

• whoitis said...
    • User
    • 7 Oct 2006, 02:18
    whois Leonard Cohen;

Solange Johnny Thunders lebt, so lang bleib ich ein Punk.
  • Click Leonard Cohen for more info, I always get him confused with Leonard Nimoy for some reason.

Ballad Of Bilbo Baggins

• yeah...wow...ive heard that song...it is very spacious and very typical of lenard nemoy....fucking hilarious...i laugh every time..

Listen up kids>>>one night stands are very dangerous. They can lead to STD's, HIV, or even worse, a relationship.
  • I love Chelsea Hotel no.2

The line is good but I'm surprised so many people joined this group without knowing about the song.

• whateverfloats said:
    The line is good but I'm surprised so many people joined this group without knowing about the song.

With millions of bands, nowadays, generating trillions of songs I would say that it shouldn't be a surprise!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.