Mingering Mike - There's Nothing Wrong With You Baby

• jeej said...
    • User
    • 28 Oct 2007, 01:46

Mingering Mike - There's Nothing Wrong With You Baby

Mingering Mike, as well as having a full book available, now has his first official 45 out!

http://www.vanguardsquad.com/store/vgs006.php

There's Nothing Wrong With You Baby parts 1 & 2 available on 7" vinyl!

Vanguard Squad is very proud to offer the first ever Mingering Mike release, "There's Nothing Wrong With You Baby (parts 1 & 2)." The name Mingering Mike is slowly seeping into the awareness of the general public. The man behind the name chooses to remain anonymous, but his art, his fake albums, his multiple musical personas, his oeuvre is revealing itself decades after his fantasies of becoming the next big soul superstar were born. And now, 38 years later, you can actually hear Mingering Mike.

It is with great honor that Vanguard Squad is pleased to release the first ever Mingering Mike record. Billing themselves as The Freedom Stompers, Mike and his cousin The Big "D" recorded "There's Nothing Wrong With You Baby (parts 1 & 2)" on a reel-to-reel recorder in Mike's bedroom. The song is a tender appeal to a young woman, encouraging her to be unique and stay in school despite the jeers and ridicule of her peers. While the tapes laid dormant for 38 years, neither time nor the changing world could make the song less engaging. Mike's unique way of looking at life, his endearing optimism, and his ear for sweet soul are all apparent on this record.

Not sure how limited these are, or aren't, going to be, but I'm definitely picking up a couple!

Check out my music blog: >>jus' like music
    • jeej said...
    • User
    • 30 Oct 2007, 09:55
    My copy of this 45 turned up today. Not listened to the music yet, but the artwork (as expected) is wicked!

Only 1000 of these made, so be quick!

• Crazy. That whole story gets crazier and crazier. What does it sound like?

• jeej said...
    • User
    • 13 Dec 2007, 10:26
    To an audio purist... pretty crap! But that is totally not the point. It encapsulates the whole Mingering Mike story perfectly. It has been recorded with a little hand held recorder and it sounds like his cousin is playing the drums on an upturned cooking pot or something. But it is perfect. If you buy this 45 and think "this is shit", then you're an idiot. Although I'm sure that anyone even remotely trying to get their hands on this little rarity will love it as it's a by-product of being interested in Mingering Mike in the first place.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.