"W00t? Stupid, this animal would have died anyway."
    -.-

or (seldom :( )
    "Aww, this is cool. I tried to be one too, but I cant manage it."

Or something like that.

I've heard both versions far too many times. :/

In my world, love is for poets
    Never the famous balcony scene
    Just a dying faith, on the heaven's gate.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Apr 2008, 18:14
    This is how people look at me when i tell them i'm vegetarian:

..and then usually say something like " So, what do you eat?" or " Are your parents vegetarian?"

• People Are Generaly Suprised or Shocked when they find out I'm Vegan, Probably Mainly because i never tell people I'm vegan unless it comes up as a question to why i'm not eating certain foods.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Apr 2008, 15:18
    Recently, when I told my friend I`m vegetarian, he said: "You don`t look like vegetarian. You don`t have paleface!" It was quite funny.

• haha oh once my best friend and i were sitting together and someone asked if she was a vegetarian. and then asked if my parents were.
    it's like i only associate with vegetarians or something.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2008, 01:55
    A few years ago, I told my boss at the time who told me that I should be very careful because I could die due to lack of nutrients. When I told him that I have been a vegetarian for 10 years, he assured me that I was at death's door. I smiled at him.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2008, 02:05
    when i told one friend of mine that i'm a vegetarian she was like 'oh! well you look like a vegetarian!'

and a couple days ago this random kid asked me if i was a hippie because of my bleached jeans and said he was trying to rid the world of hippies. i told him i'm not a hippie, then he asked if i eat meat and i said no, so he told me he's gonna nuke my house.

so far being a vegetarian is pretty awesome

• Zaknrfama sagte:
    when i told one friend of mine that i'm a vegetarian she was like 'oh! well you look like a vegetarian!'

and a couple days ago this random kid asked me if i was a hippie because of my bleached jeans and said he was trying to rid the world of hippies. i told him i'm not a hippie, then he asked if i eat meat and i said no, so he told me he's gonna nuke my house.

so far being a vegetarian is pretty awesome

lolz
    actually people dont care much when i tell them o.o germany seems to be quite openminded.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2008, 02:53
    this is how it happens every time:

"oh, no thanks, i don't eat meat."
    "what, like, you're a vegetarian?"
    "um, yeah."
    "oh...... why?"

• I haven't heard it in a while, but it's been, "You're too fat to be a vegetarian!".

I'm a cheese whore. I'm working on it.

• LSharpe said...
    • User
    • 10 Apr 2008, 22:44
    "I could never do that." - get that the most. I said it before a long time ago, but look at me now.

"What do you eat?" - Uh not meat dip shits.

"Why?" - Because I can. what the fuck do you think.

I hate when people say I love and care about animals so much, I'm like then why are you eating it? O.o

Love is just a hoax so forget everything that you've heard.
    • Lunoko said...
    • User
    • 18 Apr 2008, 11:36
    For me, it's mostly met with looks of utter confusion. I've given up trying to explain my ethics, and meet the inevitable question of 'Why?' with the standard answer: 'So there's more animals in the world for you to eat..'.

• Reactions:

1.- Why?????????????

2.- o_O

3.- If you don´t eat meat you´re get Anemia (that´s common in adults & my grandma)

4.- Someday you understand the immportance of the meat and I ask with one face like this ¬¬ or this o_____O

• hahahaha well, looks in all places in the world the people reaction in the same way.

Im from Granada (Spain) and its usually eat meat (meat,fish,seafood,cheese,etc.)so its really strange find some vegetarian/vegan person here.

i have a lots of problems when I go to a restaurant or when someone invite to me to have dinner in his house.

people used to say:

-"its natural. its the nourishing chain" (I hate it)

-"you wouldnt grow as a normal person,you need meat to develop completely "

(sorry for my english.)

Stay true to yourself* your family* your friends*
  • I think people are a little shocked when I tell them I'm vegan. I don't look what they would stereotype as a vegan. I'm covered in tattoos and listen to Death Metal. :) :)
    Sometimes I think they feel intimidated by me and have to try and justify their vegetarianism and omnivourism when really I don't give a flying fuck!

Because I'm diluted and perfectly flawed, I shall live by passion and not by law.
  • YEAH YOU´RE UNIQUE

• ????

Because I'm diluted and perfectly flawed, I shall live by passion and not by law.
  • I'm 6'4" and 255 lbs of Vegan love, people look at me when I tell them and are like...what....nOOoo, you? but aren't vegans like skinny little like sickly looking like hippy looking dudes?

• to the your unique quote, I'm assuming you've never been to an earth crisis show. tatt'ed up vegan grindcore kids every where

• I'm not a core kid (apart from being 22 years old) and I don't aspire to be like one. I am a metal head who lives in fucking England.We don't wear tight, bright or any other bullshit clothing. We don't sit and pity ourselves like the emos. We don't self harm. I like to get in a pit and fuck it up. I like to ride motorbikes and smoke. I wanna kick back to metal not screaming bullshit. There are very few of us who are vegans...so yeh it is pretty unique. Next time you wanna start vegan bashing check your fucking subculture knowledge dude seriously!!!

• xbloodyXwristsx said:
    I'm 6'4" and 255 lbs of Vegan love, people look at me when I tell them and are like...what....nOOoo, you? but aren't vegans like skinny little like sickly looking like hippy looking dudes?

Hah, seems like 90 % or so of the veg*ans have eating disorders. I don't eat more than normal, but compared to other vegetarians at my school I eat about three times as much. x)

• So how many vegans do you actually know Quispiam? I know many and not one single one has an eating disorder! That is like saying 90% of black people are gansters or 90% of omnis are fat. Just stereotypical bullshit.

• Leslian said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2008, 15:15
    no, you see, there's this word. 'seems'. it 'seems' as if 90% have an eating disorder. he's not saying that 90% actually have one.

And, very frequently, people with an eating disorder use veg*nism as an excuse for their lack of eating. it's probably more like 90% of people with an ED use veg*nisn as an excuse rather than 90% of veg*ns have an ED, but topically it looks the same.

• emzy1985 said:
    So how many vegans do you actually know Quispiam? I know many and not one single one has an eating disorder! That is like saying 90% of black people are gansters or 90% of omnis are fat. Just stereotypical bullshit.

I'm sorry if I was unclear, but I used the word "seems" as to point out that I meant those I've met. Ofcourse it can simply be a coincidence that almost every veg*an I know has eating disorder (all of them but one, actually). I didn't mean any offence to anyone, so I'm sorry if anyone got hurt in any way.

So, to rephrase it all:
    90 % or so of the veg*ans I know have eating disorders, is this just a coincidence or is it this way everywhere?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.