Moral or Health?

• radishh said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2008, 02:32
    I went vegetarian for moral reasons and vegan for the added health benefits. I've learned to cook and eat healthy because of the veganism, and my body feels so much nicer now :)

• Moral

• hexhs said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2008, 19:45
    moral, but it's healthy as well

• Ah, moral because of a shocking leaflet i read about factory farming.
    As for health, i couldn't be more unhealthy anyway, only now i dont get any protein.
    But it's worth it.

• Moral.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2008, 18:57
    moral AND health.but moral mainly...I'm seventeen and I started refusing to eat meat, fish and eggs at an early age (8)

• stupidstuff said:
    I went veg, primarily, for health reasons - pretty much stumbled into it. It was then mostly moral reasons that caused me to go vegan.

That's how I decided as well.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2008, 23:36
    moral.

• mansko said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2008, 13:33
    moral.. ethics is quite important to me.

for health: i took a test saying i woudnt live till 50 years old or sthg! ;D

• Moral. it's really what matters.

• Moral for the first 13 years, but lately I've started eating healthier, thanks in large part to this doctor: drfuhrman.com. He has a book called Eat to Live. The China Study by T. Colin Campbell is also full of excellent info about the benefits of being vegan.

• Moral
    ...I used to think veganism was unhelthier

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Aug 2008, 02:20
    The animals health. That's what got me into this.

So, yeah, moral.

• Moral. I've always thought it's wrong killing merely too eat "better" food. Health is more like a plus thing. Plus, when I turned vegetarian I didn't know how bad meat is for your health, that's more a thing I learned when I started reading veg*an cookbooks.

Oh, and by the way: By the title I assumed the thread was by some anti-vegan-idiot saying "hey, is your moral really worth your health?!"

In my world, love is for poets
    Never the famous balcony scene
    Just a dying faith, on the heaven's gate.
  • For me it was completely Morality.

But I suppose, it must be doing me some sort of good, who knows?

I think it'd quite easy to be a fat vegetarian.

People seem to think we're on rabbit food.
    It's not the case.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2008, 02:01
    Personally, I dont think any one who choses veganism for the health benefits solely isn't a real vegan, they're just someone on a diet.

• JagStryker said:
    Personally, I dont think any one who choses veganism for the health benefits solely isn't a real vegan, they're just someone on a diet.

Then again, the words "vegan" and "vegetarian" aren't words for "people who likes animals and avoids eating them". It's really just words meaning "people who don't eat meat/animal products". I actually only know one moral vegetarian IRL, but three health vegetarians... I prefer a health vegetarian more than a carnivore, anyway :P

Are you a Swedish-immigrant-descendant btw? You know Swedish?

In my world, love is for poets
    Never the famous balcony scene
    Just a dying faith, on the heaven's gate.
  • Moral 150%

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2008, 03:22
    JagStryker said:

omerz and cedrik from teh mars voltsa said they did it for that reasons.

• Ytris said...
    • User
    • 6 Aug 2008, 18:44
    i think going vegan is characteristic of a health-to-moral shift. Back to the discussion on how easy it is to be vegan: it's not easy enough for a lot of people that the health reason would be the only thing keeping one vegan.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Aug 2008, 03:24
    Also, I don't support the US Food Industry. I quote that when asked for my reasons.

• Moral defiantly.

• First, health issues. I'm a lactose intolerant, and suddenly started not to feel so good about eating meat. Then, when I started reading about it, got to know the moral aspects, and agreed completely.

• darksoy said...
    • User
    • 7 Aug 2008, 21:22
    both!

OMG, IT'S A MIRAGE. IM TELL'IN Y'ALL IT'S SABOTAGE!
  • moral.
    meat is murder, holla back morrissey.

Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.