Moral or Health?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Jul 2008, 06:43

Moral or Health?

so was it your morals that led you to become veg or was it health reasons?

mine personally is moral. consuming animals is not necessary, so i choose not to. and i could care less if i die early.

• moral. ive always been bad about my health so i wouldnt have even thought of that.

• I went veg, primarily, for health reasons - pretty much stumbled into it. It was then mostly moral reasons that caused me to go vegan.

• Moral.

The health returns are a bonus.

Without music, life would be a mistake. - Nietzsche
  • moral and hearth, in this order.

• I went vegetarian for moral reasons. But health, environment, third world are some important reasons, too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2008, 01:10
    health, though I still eat like a slob.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2008, 01:18
    drippingdream said:
    health, though I still eat like a slob.

haha, me too. i'm trying to eat better. i've began using soy cheese and soy milk, and trying to eat only organic products. the only time i use dairy cheese is with pizza, which i eat a lot of.

• Moral

• Stigian said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2008, 09:51
    99% moral

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2008, 21:40
    100% moral.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2008, 22:42
    101% metal.

• Moral reasons for me. I only really looked at the health aspects after I turned vegetarian.

• I stopped eating meat first because I didn't like it, sensually in my mouth and stomach. So -> simple dislike.
    Later on, of course moral/ethical reasons came to it. I never was sure about the health reasons, because I was raised in the "meat makes you strong" way, but I didn't worry about it because I never got health problems for being vegetarian. :)

• jonxz said...
    • User
    • 18 Jul 2008, 01:54
    MORAL!

• 100% poop, seriously i hate the way my crap looks when i eat meat, thats the only reason.

• Moral, basically.
    But also half the reason I decided was because I figured I might as well. I mean, when I did eat meat I wasn't getting enough pleasure out of it to justify the killing of an animal. Plus half the time it just grossed me out - I bit into a homemade burger that was still pink in the middle and just couldn't eat it...that was the beginning of the end for me eating meat.

• Moral and logic. I think that, if I give human life a value, it would be illogical to not do the same with animals (since modern science shows that we are almost the same). But I still does not know why life at all has a value. Also, at my last weeks of carnivalism (?) I felt like throwing up when I ate meat.

• moral. fuck health, we are still young :)

<3
  • moral

• Ryourin said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2008, 13:43
    Moral.

Also, not everyone's health benefits from vegetarianism. Mine certainly didn't.

I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself. (Oscar Wilde)
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2008, 15:08
    Moral.

When I went vegetarian my reasons were vaguely moral, but I only started to think more deeply about it last year, and that led to my veganism. But my health has improved dramatically since making the switch, I think I might've gained weight as a vegetarian.

• totally moral.

meow
    • Ytris said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2008, 01:22
    Health was my reason. I envy the valor of those in the group.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2008, 01:35
    Ryourin said:
    Moral.

Also, not everyone's health benefits from vegetarianism. Mine certainly didn't.

how so? just curious...

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.