How long have you been a vegan/ vegatarian?

• How long have you been a vegan/ vegatarian?

How long have you been vegan or vegatarian?

i have been a vegatarian for 6 years (since i was 9) and a vegan for about a year.

boycott flirting, it makes me vomit.
  • This post was a lie.. oops

Edited by Hyperfrec on 17 Mar 2007, 01:26
  • Vegan for 3 weeks. Vegetarian for 3 years with a 3 month break.

• I was vegetarian for about 9 months and I'm vegan for 3 weeks now. Happier and healthier than ever. ;-)

• Vegetarian for two and a half years, was vegan for a week two weeks ago but I had no way of getting edible food so I had to stop <_>

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

-Bertrand Russell
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2007, 01:50
    Vegetarian about 5-6 months. Still working on being able to cook edible food, particularly tofu, not that I could cook any good before going veg anyway

• I've been vegetarian for a year and five months. I will go vegan as soon as I leave home.

• I'll be a vegan for one year in mid-July.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2007, 04:21
    Only since last December, it was a loooong time coming though.

• TBIGB said:
    Vegetarian about 5-6 months. Still working on being able to cook edible food, particularly tofu, not that I could cook any good before going veg anyway

I cant make my own tofu, because the smell of it when it is uncooked makes me sick.

boycott flirting, it makes me vomit.
  • I've been a vegetarian for 6 or 7 years ;)

• Annie_Disgrace said:

I cant make my own tofu, because the smell of it when it is uncooked makes me sick.

Me too! I'm glad it's not just me. I love it cooked though.

I've been vegetarian one year and four months, going vegan in the summer.

• i've been vegetarian since july, so about 8 months.

• Vegetarian for 21 years now - since I was born (with only a few hiccups involving jelly sweets as a child).

• I was vegetarian for a year and a half and have now been vegan for a month.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 00:46
    i've was a veggie from '99 to '05 and than i went vegan, my parents forced fed me milk, so i did the change went I went out from home

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 00:48
    TBIGB said:

have you tried freezing it than cooking it?...or if you fry it first it takes better the tastes of whatever you cook it with

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 04:15
    Cobalaminco said:
    have you tried freezing it than cooking it?...or if you fry it first it takes better the tastes of whatever you cook it with

Hah no, I really had no clue. I just took it out of the package, drained it and threw it in the pan with veggies and the sauce. Probably why it didn't turn out so well.

Annie_Disgrace said:

I never even noticed it had much of a smell. I'm not a fan of the way it feels uncooked though.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 05:59
    ragingcat said:
    Vegetarian for 21 years now - since I was born (with only a few hiccups involving jelly sweets as a child).

*claps*
    Very cool!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 13:29
    TBIGB said:

Hah no, I really had no clue. I just took it out of the package, drained it and threw it in the pan with veggies and the sauce. Probably why it didn't turn out so well.

you need a vegan cookbook urgently! :)

• Since I was 6 after a particular meaty (and gory) visit to France. It was there that I discovered animals felt pain just like humans do.

[url=http://savetheinternet.com/=faq"%20=%20"http://savetheinternet.com/=faq";][SAVE THE INTERNET]
    Edited by DearLeader on 18 Mar 2007, 23:30
  • Tofu is the easiest thing to prepare....

Been a vegan for about 9 months now and i was a vegetarian before that for a few months.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2007, 22:32
    erm, somewhere around 3 years. It was a choice made one night sometime. I know a couple of people who have fallen off around that time so I hope I dont become one of them. Cant say I will as I have absolutely no desire for meat of any kind ever.

• I've been a vegan for about two months and a vegetarian for 2+ years.

• Veggie for 10 years vegan for only 3 months so far

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.