• Meshuggah too, possibly

• Joanna Newsom
    Morton Feldman

• In the end though, if both short and long tracks fit the concept, in the end you might as well connect the group to every single artist, because they're all misrepresented in exactly inverse proportions to the length of their tracks...

• The following bands have mostly long songs:
    Monolithe,
    Graveland,
    Arcana Coelestia,
    Tvangeste,
    Fall Of The Grey-Winged One,
    Thergothon,
    Esoteric,
    Pantheist,
    Mournful Congregation,
    The Sad Sun,
    Reido,
    Wintersun,
    Negura Bunget,
    Mythological Cold Towers,
    Moonsorrow.

• One More

• m_s0 said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2007, 23:21
    Beyond Black Void

• The Flower Kings
    Pat Metheny
    Marillion

• I've scrobbled Leif Inge's "Nine Beet Stretch" a few times. Four tracks that total 24 hours exactly. Pretty awesome stuff!

• Ekolod said...
    • User
    • 23 Jun 2007, 17:52
    Explosions in the Sky should probably be in the list.

• Esipes said...
    • User
    • 24 Jun 2007, 14:09
    I didn't bother to read through all these, but I did check the connections list. If they have not been mentioned I would advise They Might be Giants, and Aphex twins. Nice group homey.

• An Imperfect Solution!

This came up in my Recommended Reading, thought it was very relevant to the group. I put it here as its more likely to get attention than in a separate discussion

http://www.last.fm/user/mattperdeaux/journal/2007/06/20/455724/

• Glukoz said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2007, 18:41
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2007, 22:15
    Explosions in the Sky, Derek Bailey, Anthony Braxton, Tarentel, Can, Gran Green, Charles Mingus, Spacemen 3, Sigur Rós, Cul de Sac, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Tortoise, A Silver Mount Zion...

• Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'm tellin' ya, if they had RSS on the reply tracker, I'd more on top of my game. :P

So, a slight problem: "Artist connections are limited to 200. Please remove some first to make room for ones you think are more important to your group."

Looks like we're maxed out. Any ideas?

Do you think your profile is misrepresented because Last.fm only pays attention to the number of tracks, rather than the length thereof? If so, join this group and commiserate.
  • Grind generally. Assück's Anticapital+Blindspot played 3 times is 81 tracks in a total of 74 minutes.

A comparison I made a some time ago:
    1:14.03 min. of Zoviet France = 3 tracks. ("What is not true" once)
    1:13.42 min. of Assück = 81 tracks. ("Anticapital" + "Blindspot" 3 times)
    - in words, you could listen to over 25 times as much Zoviet France and still Assück would lead the charts.
    Over time: 12 vs. 324, 30 vs. 810 plays...

• esquela said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2008, 16:50
    i suggest to link the most known jazz artists

my ed banger/new rave/maximal mix:
    end session one::il Primo::do it yourself::banging time
    • esquela said...
    • User
    • 17 Oct 2008, 16:50
    i suggest to link the most known jazz artists

my ed banger/new rave/maximal mix:
    end session one::il Primo::do it yourself::banging time
  • I think you should add Ananta...

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ananta_f1/inside_my_room__watching_the_rain/

1 track = 4 hours, 10 minutes and 38 seconds. : )

(Actually, there are several bands called Ananta, so this one artist shows not only one but two problems with last.fm...)

As for short tracks, Agoraphobic Nosebleed (1 mini-CD = 100 songs! ...of which only 5 are scrobbled) has already been suggested — Naked City has plenty of short tracks as well.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.