Sort by time

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 7 Sep 2008, 00:15

Sort by time

This is based on the ideas in gadgetchannel's Greasemonkey script, but since Opera userscripts can't access mattperdeaux's api, this one uses the library information.

Be warned, it can take some time, as it hits the library for each artist, and these requests take time. The default is to go through the top 100 artists (determined by play count, so this may not be the 100 top time wasters ranked artists).

The script will add a link to the left side of every profile visited. That takes you to a non-existent page that will get populated.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/33172

Improve your view of Last.fm - add some User Scripts.
    Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
    • snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 11 Jan 2009, 03:45

Update for track support

This has been a while coming. The script now includes support for looking at your tracks for the past 3, 6, 12 months or overall in a "timewise" manner. Note that if no time is stored for the track on Last.fm, the track will be given 0 seconds in the list.

The information required is entered through a form at the bottom of the page. Entry to the page is still gained through the "Time Played" tab on the left side of your profile page.

Did I hear that right? Mondegreens - for the misheard word. Like Odds? Can't get better than Even Odds!

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
  • Thanks for the update... I look forward to checking it out.

• great, many thnx for this update. :D

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
    • snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 20 Jan 2009, 04:12

Bug fix

I aoplogise for this, but if a track had 1000 or more plays, the count stopped at the first comma. This has been patched and should be working fine.

How many people have more than 999 scrobbles of a track? (Answer: enough for the bug to be caught. B-)

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 12 Apr 2009, 22:02

Update

Fixed for new format.

• great support, many thnx :)

Der Strom wird erst durch den Körper gejagt und dann durch die Beine. -= A.C. Leuchter =-
  • Great script.

For some reason the 'Time Played' button doesn't show up in the latest development snapshot (10.00.1679). When I manually edit the URL to <username>/bytime the script works fine, though.
    Don't know if this is a bug in the development snapshot (other UserJS work just fine) or in your script.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 1 Aug 2009, 03:59
    Mea culpa.

It was a "mind missing" mistake, but it's strange that the behaviour would change.

Thanks for catching that. Fixed now.

• Nice, thanks. :-)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jan 2012, 17:26
    you're a legend. thank you

• [deleted]

• Hello sir the author

Do you plan to do the same with albums? Would be absolutely amazing and I would infinitely be graceful to you.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 8 Sep 2013, 22:03
    Raphdabumbling said:
    Do you plan to do the same with albums? Would be absolutely amazing and I would infinitely be graceful to you.
    I wasn't planning on that. Album support is fairly weak on Last.fm, and many do not have track lists.

That being said, I will consider it.

• Thank you very much for replying that fast.

It seems like I am having an issue with the script. When I click on "Time", a 404 error thing appears and nothing loads. :s

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 15 Sep 2013, 05:06
    Raphdabumbling said:
    Thank you very much for replying that fast.

It seems like I am having an issue with the script. When I click on "Time", a 404 error thing appears and nothing loads. :s
    Yes ... it's a victim of the recent format change. I don't have time at the moment to fix many of these issues. If it's any comfort, these aren't working for me either. (I don't suppose it is comforting but we are all in the same boat.)

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 15 Sep 2013, 20:48
    This script should be fixed now. Please download again from userscripts.org.

• My browser has been automatically updated to version 16. Is that still compatible? Doesn't feel like it is unfortunately. :s

• Well, I finally went back to an older version of Opera and it works just fine ("tracks" included). Thank you once again for your work, this is much appreciated.
    Please, keep us in the loop when you ever feel to release another version allowing us to sort albums by time played.

May your day be inspiring!

• Thank you very much for still providing maintenance updates to keep the script working. You rock.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 2 Nov 2013, 15:26
    Raphdabumbling said:
    My browser has been automatically updated to version 16. Is that still compatible? Doesn't feel like it is unfortunately. :s
    I apologise for not seeing this. This script runs under Chrome, so the new Opera should work.

The easiest way to get scripts running under the new Opera is to get the Chrome extension, then get tampermonkey. The scripts can be managed somewhat better and tend to work somewhat better.

I've not had the time to extend any of the scripts for more functionality, but album timing is on the list.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 2 Nov 2013, 15:32
    RaiseHell said:
    Thank you very much for still providing maintenance updates to keep the script working. You rock.
    Thank you.

However, I use the scripts, too. (Okay, not this one so much, but from time to time.) I need them to work also.

Thank all of you for using them.

• snyde1 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 11 May 2014, 22:43
    This is also available at GreasyFork.

• Hello

I am having issues getting the scripts working no matter the web browser used. Regarding Mozilla Firefox, when I click "Time" it redirects me to my lastfm profile. When it comes to Opera, I can't get it functioning. As to Chrome, I get the artists/overall page but when I launch the process, a page "not found" or something shows up. :( Any idea?

Thank you for your help.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.