UK Post-Rock Compilation Series

• UK Post-Rock Compilation Series

I'm just beginning to think about compiling volume six in my legendary series of UK post-rock compilations. For this volume, I want to only use bands that have not appeared on any previous volume in the series. This means picking songs by a lot of bands I'm not that familiar with, so I'm looking for suggestions. If you have a favourite song by any of the following bands, please let me know. And if you could send me links to MP3s of the songs you suggest, that would be fantastic too.

The bands I'm particularly interested in are:

Bows
    Bracken
    Broadcast
    Crescent
    Deadstock ("Monophonic Man" is great but I don't have an MP3)
    Echoboy ("Canada"?)
    Electrelane
    Experimental Audio Research ("California Nocturne"?)
    Foehn
    Ganger
    l i ght
    Navigator
    Rothko

Edited by connect_icut on 27 Oct 2010, 18:10
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2010, 17:38
    I'm only "up" on one of those bands - Broadcast. And I would go for something right at the start of their career - 'Accidentals' if you can find it. Their first recording on Wurlitzer Jukebox (great label).

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jan 2010, 10:03
    Haven't heard Rothko in long time now, but 'A Negative for Francis' is a fabulous album. If you like bass guitars, then you'll feel in heaven.
    Maybe 'Windows Doors and Other Openings' could be a good choise?

• 'Accidentals' is definitely as good a Broadcast track as any but 'Ominous Cloud' (from HaHa Sound) or 'Echo's Answer' and 'Come On Let's Go' (from the Noise Made by People) are worth considering too.

For Bows, I'd suggest 'Girls Lips Glitter' or 'It'll Be Half Time In England Soon' (from Blush) or 'Uniroyal' (from Cassidy).

Electrelane's 'To The East' (from No Shouts No Calls) is my personal favourite but you want a classic older one, go for 'Gabriel'.

Experimental Audio Research's 'Koner Experiment' album (with Thomas Koner) was really interesting. If you can find any of the tracks from that, they're worth thinking about (I'd upload it but I'm far too old to know how to do that sort of thing).

• Thanks for all the suggestions ladies and gents. I'm still at the very early stages of getting tracks together for this comp, so keep the suggestions coming!

• So, I've started thinking about this again. My aim is to get the compilation online before the end of October. The current, provisional tracklisting-in-progress is provided below. Any further suggestions that would help me get a tighter final playlist together would be much appreciated:

1. Deadstock - "Nobody"
    2. Ian Crause - "Head Over Heals"
    3. Broadcast - "America's Boy"
    4. Bows - "Uniroyal"
    5. Screeper - "Can Fever"
    6. Echoboy - "Canada"
    7. Electrelane - "To the East"
    8. Papa Sprain & Butterfly Child - "Lalena"
    9. Bovine Over Sussex NE - "Rock and Chock"
    10. L i ght - "Tale of White Passage"
    11. Crescent - "360"
    12. Juicy Eureka - "Air"
    13. Rothko - "April 18/Undone"
    14. Experimental Audio Research - "California Nocturne"

• Looks a good list -- mostly bands I know about, but that I haven't checked out enough and therefore want to. Good choice of Broadcast song, too.

• Cheers. Made a few changes. Here's the current tracklisting. Think this will be pretty close to how it ends up...

1. Deadstock - "Nobody"
    2. Ian Crause - "Head Over Heals"
    3. Broadcast - "America's Boy"
    4. Bows - "Uniroyal"
    5. Screeper - "Can Fever"
    6. Echoboy - "Canada"
    7. Electrelane - "To the East"
    8. Papa Sprain & Butterfly Child - "Lalena"
    9. Bovine Over Sussex NE - "Rock and Chock"
    10. Rothko - "For Danny"
    11. Juicy Eureka - "Air"
    12. Experimental Audio Research - "California Nocturne"
    13. L i ght - "Tale of White Passage"
    14. Crescent - "Star"
    15. The Third Eye Foundation - "Crescent, Superconstellation"

• Well Vol. 6 is finally finished. You can see the completed tracklisting and get the direct, permanent download link here:
    http://bubblegumcage3.com/2010/10/27/post-rocktoberfest-uk-post-rock-vol-6/

By the way, I've renamed this thread to make it open for general discussion of the UK Post-Rock Compilation series. All of the volumes in the series are now (and permanently) available for download from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?p766m4gk7bxed

• UK Post-Rock Vol. 7 is here:

http://bubblegumcage3.com/2011/10/08/post-rocktoberfest-2011-uk-post-rock-vol-7/

Vol. 8 coming later this month!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.