An Example that shows unwanted effects of the actual method

• Bazon_B said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2006, 11:24

An Example that shows unwanted effects of the actual method

An Example that shows unwanted effects of the actual method is:
    The momentary (21.11.) Top Fans list of Helge Schneider & Hardcore. Number 2 on that list is user timo70 who has played Hlege Schneider & Hardcore exactly 1 time last week (that was the only track he played) and 2 times in general.

So for artists with low scrobbling numbers the actual method can lead to strange results....

Please help me to identify just one song!
    ------ sorry for bad spelling or wrong grammar and so - I'm not a native english speaker
  • i really wanna know which last.fm moron thought of this and where i can go to beat them over the head.

:pouts:

apparently i am being punished for working an office job and scrobbling a lot of music a week.

• avalyn2 said...
    • User
    • 23 Nov 2006, 23:30
    it was skr, and this thread shows the office thinking (or how/why it's currently just a quick fix)
    http://www.last.fm/group/Top+Fans+forum/forum/20549/_/192978

Top Fans method keeps changing. This is the Old Top Fans formula with rationale. Discuss any Top Fans issues in the Top Fans Forum. Updated list of top obsessive fans here.
    My wife's handcrafted jewellery website www.startrishdesign.co.uk
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.