New album!!!!

• New album!!!!

What do you think? At first I thought "good, but no so good as "Lemuria / Sirius B". Now, after staring at it for 10 min, I've changed my mind: it's different, but not worst. I suppose that the real album will have "raised work", as it seems; this fact, the colours... are not bad!

What do you think about the artwork? and about the title? It's evident that Kabbalah has a lot to do with Therion! It's a very therionistic title and (for sure) theme of the album ^_^

PS. I wanna have it NOW!!!!!!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Oct 2006, 07:34
    The artwork rawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i luv it!!!
    yea the title really is therionistic....!

• Is it out already????

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • Nope, 12th January it will be released ^_^

• Beautiful artwork!! I can't wait to have that album <3

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2006, 12:57
    I don't like the artwork if you first look to Sirius B or Lemuria. But i think the album rocks CAN'T WAIT \m/

• Gandzia said...
    • User
    • 5 Nov 2006, 09:55
    i can't wait either!! i'm starting to count days ;p

i don't care for the artwork and title, i want music!!

• I've got the promo

Металлисты - это самый развитой и передовой класс, и никто не может отрицать, что это и есть передовой отряд всего пролетариата" © В.И. Ленин (Полн. собр. соч. - Т.24 – с. 437)
    • Chaskon said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2006, 18:14
    I don't like this album .... :( ...I won't buy it :(

• Hear it more times... believe me... do it, and you will change your mind. I did!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Nov 2006, 10:59
    I have the album now 5 minutes promo and i think its album only the artwork is not as awsome as Lemurai or Sirius B
    T.O.F

• it is album which u have to listen few ntimes before u realy begin to understand the Music

Металлисты - это самый развитой и передовой класс, и никто не может отрицать, что это и есть передовой отряд всего пролетариата" © В.И. Ленин (Полн. собр. соч. - Т.24 – с. 437)
  • Therion's music has a funny way of growing on you with time like some of Opeth's or Porcupine Tree's tracks. I can't even see the pic though :( I don't even know what it's going to be called!!!

Anywho, yes the Kaballah has a lot to do with Therion since (much to my chagrin) the lyrics are written by dark-magic zealot/dragon rouge founder Thomas Karlsson. The principles of the Dragon Rouge itself (of which Christopher Johnsson is a member) are based on the Kliffoth/Qliphoth aka the Dark Side of the Kaballah. The eleven Sephiroth are the light half of the Tree of Life in the Kaballah and the Kliffoth are the 11 parts of the tree of death. Notice 11 is also tied in to the 11-pointed star which has been in Therion Artwork since Secret of The Runes (I think).

All Therion music is greatly influenced by the historical knowledge of Thomas Karlsson Ph.D in Religious History. I consider it a double-edged sword since it can be a good thing for lyrical content but it really makes a metal band look kind of weak, especially amongst other more-hardcore metalheads, know what I mean?

• Gandzia said...
    • User
    • 25 Nov 2006, 10:28
    Hmm... I think that i'm not going to listen to promo. I'm sure that it doesn's show the true image/sound of the new album. What's more I will have greater pleasure while listening to album for the first time - everything would be new for me.

I caaaaaan't waaaaait!!!

• hmm, Kabbalah is kinda different than the previous work, I guess I'll have to listen more to it to get into it

• Empi said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2006, 10:36
    It really is different, but GREAT one...

• deggial said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2006, 18:30
    just "Kabbalah" would be a great album name.. "Gothic" makes it a bit 'cheap'.. And it seems like that word carries also some commercial worries..
    But what can i say? Therion is always the best band ever for me. I am quite sure that songs will be awesome =)

• heh..new album..-_-

They've chainged their eternal style. The new album is cheap and commercial for me. It's not the real Therion band I've listened before. It became POP-metaled style(for "EVERYONE LISTENING",even if you're not a metal fan!) So..after the first song named "Gothic Kabbalah" my ears could'nt trust in the FALL of my favourite band..I'm sad of it..

• true. Son of the staves of time is alright-ish, but the album in general just isn't them dammit

• So..I think, that Therion is becoming a commercial band(like Nightwish) with expensive music videos for EVERYBODYS watching and listening(to grab lots and lost of money for this crap) ;(((( and..by the way, one of my friends is a pop and trance lover and he liked the pop-py motives of "Gothic Kabbalah" songs -___-

• deggial said...
    • User
    • 5 Dec 2006, 13:14
    I had though that the album would be great.. But no!
    I tried to think it is because of my first listening, so i listened again and again again.. But no!
    Where are the choral orchestral themes, where are the symphonic enstruments !! There are only a few of them and all in the background.. I still cant believe there are keyboard solo parts in the songs!!! Where are those dark lyrics and the dark melodies ?? It seems Therion has lost them all !!
    The songs are just like they are trying to mix every kind of metal in one song..
    There are only 2 or 3 songs to say "it's ok"..
    I hope one day they will turn back to sounds of Theli, Vovin, Deggial or Secret of the Runes..

• right:/ ..And they took some american cheap vocalist, making everything so POP&Commercial.They want to earn a lot of money on this album, 'cause it is generalpopular style it is built of!!Also I looked at the PRICE of one ticket from their concert..;)))) It is like a phone number. Well, earning money is great, but now their songs have NO SOUL..

• r1Co said...
    • User
    • 6 Dec 2006, 20:22
    Mats Leven finally shining in true color, this album for now has awesome vocals, I'm still kind of in dubio concerning the music, and I'm aware this might be because it's the promo, it definetly shows a lot of promise!

;x
  • "some american cheap vocalist"??? Are you talking of Snowy Shaw, drummer of King Diamond, or Mats Leven?

As I told, at first listening I didn't like it, but now I can appreciate it more and more. I don't think they're becoming pop or commercial... I can't find any of those characteristics.

About the name: "Gothic" has nothing to do with the music (or "life") style. It has to do with an old esoteric movement. Except for the female voice, I can't find any other gothic meaning characteristic...

• Luthien32 said:
    As I told, at first listening I didn't like it, but now I can appreciate it more and more. I don't think they're becoming pop or commercial... I can't find any of those characteristics. ибо конец цитаты

-OOooh, I think that you want to say that I WAS LISTENING IT ONLY ONCE? Well, you've gotta be wrong))) So..
    First - I know about commercial projects very good, cause my friend was making it as a research work. And this albums is FULL of censored sounds and words for everyones listening
    Second - That "some american cheap vocalist" is not Mats Leven but new American lady Hannah Holgersson with the Stacie Orrico style of singing)). Mats Leven is Mats Leven and I have nothing against him. Maybe you like this album cause Old Therion was not too high-quality for you;)))And so,you Like Censored songs.Good Luck with that

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.