• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2006, 14:35

Favorite song?

What's your favorite song by The Roots?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 May 2006, 14:37
    Mine, I think, is either Adrenaline or You Got Me. And maybe Guns Are Drawn.

• my favorite is probably either Seed 2.0 (me and everyone else), the New Movement or Do You Want More

• abiabi said...
    • User
    • 5 Jun 2006, 12:42
    yeah mine would be Seed 2.0 :) the first one i ever heard by em

• The Roots - You Got Me

• I love them all but my favorite would have to be Why (What's Goin On?), just because it starts as a perfect slow rap song, then it turns in to a perfect fast rap song, and it ends at a perfect unique rap song.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Jun 2006, 23:40
    I can agree with that. That's also one of my favorites.

• Yeah Adrenaline! is one of my favs, but i like Concerto of the Desperado, 100% Dundee and Mellow My Man.

• Well, I'm a big fan of their lower-tempo'ed material so I'll have to go with Silent Treatment, What They Do, and Mellow My Man also.

Their live version of You Got Me with Jill Scott on their live album is amazing though.

• That's hard, cause they have so many great songs. Um. I really like 'Why (What's Going On)' because to me, it's the perfect hip-hop song. The lyrics are off the chain, and Black Thought kills it.

• asulli4 said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2006, 18:24
    THE NEXT MOVEMENT
    RESPOND/REACT
    DONT SAY NUTHIN
    WEB
    PUSH UP YA LIGHTER
    CLONES
    BURNIN AND LOOTIN (ft BOB MARLEY)
    shit there are too many to name here

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jun 2006, 21:47

Re:

Quoth winterkiss:
    That's hard, cause they have so many great songs. Um. I really like 'Why (What's Going On)' because to me, it's the perfect hip-hop song. The lyrics are off the chain, and Black Thought kills it.

I would agree with that.

• weston24 said...
    • Subscriber
    • 16 Jun 2006, 19:42
    You Got Me, Love of My Life, 100% Dundee (particularly the version on Come Alive), Star, Guns Are Drawn, Web, Good Music, No Alibi, Push Up Ya Lighter and Silent Treatment are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

• cj6996 said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2006, 12:25
    The Lesson PT.1 - fucking awesome tune, definitly the best in my opinion. Clones and dynamite are also a couple of awesome tracks.

ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO PICK APART THE DAY, PUT THE PIECES BACK TOGETHER MY WAY
  • My Favorite song

The Seed
    I Don´t Care

• Krawnik said...
    • User
    • 7 Nov 2006, 19:47
    Oh damn.

I think my all time favourite is "The Next Movement", I come back to that one a lot. I also love "Adrenaline!", "The Seed (2.0)", and "Rhymes and Ammo/Thirsty".

• It would have to be Respond/React. I think Thought and Malik B complemented each other perfectly.

Other than that, I've got too many favourites including:
    What They Do, Star, Pass the Popcorn, The Next Movement, Clock With No Hands, Essaywhuman?!!!??!, The Seed (2.0), Break You Off, Can't Stop This......... I could go on all day.

...more magnificent than Lee Van Cleef
    • Krawnik said...
    • User
    • 10 Nov 2006, 03:13
    summumabitch, I finally got The Tipping Point, and it is awesome. I'm going to add "I Don't Care" and "Guns are Drawn" to my list. The hook on I Don't Care is to die for.

• tomekpe said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2006, 20:05
    Say what you want but for me Star is one of the best, followed by In The Music from the new album.

• fr35h said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2007, 20:34
    What They Do

best song I think...

Only God Can Judge Me
    • Bella-G said...
    • User
    • 8 May 2007, 08:35
    I have alot of fave songs by them, can't choose just one..

• I love all their music, but my faves are: Common Dust, The Seed, Rollin With Heat, Break You Off, You Got Me, Act Too, Star/Pointro, I Guns Are Drawn.. :D

• Don't Say Nuthin', Why, Break You Off, You Got Me, Guns Are Drawn and Seed 2.0 ;)

• absolutly THE SEED 2.0

don't rape the ape
  • absolutly THE SEED 2.0

don't rape the ape
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.