Zeitgeist: The Movies & More guide (under construction)

• Zeitgeist: The Movies & More guide (under construction)

UPDATED: JANUARY 20, 2012Hm, wrong title for this guide, since this contains lots more than just stuff from the Zeitgeist-series, but considering the meaning of the word zeitgeist I kept it this way.
    wikipedia: Zeitgeist is "the spirit of the times" or "the spirit of the age." Zeitgeist is the general cultural, intellectual, ethical, spiritual, and/or political climate within a nation or even specific groups, along with the general ambiance, morals, sociocultural direction, and mood associated with an era.
    The term is a loanword from German Zeit – "time" (cognate with English "tide" and "time") and Geist – "spirit" (cognate with English "ghost").

"(...)The only thing in the world that you and I can possibly change,
    to give ourselves a chance of survival and to give our children a chance at some kind of human, civilized life,
    is our minds.

You have to believe,
    not wish,
    not hope,
    not pray,
    not beg,
    you just have to believe that there's a way out of it,
    and you're gonna find it.
    (...)
    How can you possibly say there's no hope?
    Just change your mind and see what we see.

Stop thinking like dinosaurs."
    .......MICHAEL C. RUPPERT

Jeremy Rifkin on global issues and the future of our planet

from Dutch TV program Eén Vandaag/One Today, March 2011
    English spoken, Dutch subtitles

Peter Joseph at Occupy Los Angeles, October 15th 2011

Note (from a non-native English speaker ;P):

1st of all, this is set up by myself and I don't represent the Zeitgeist Movement in any way by doing this. For a big part I represent my own view.

What I hope to achieve with passing this guide to people:
    Critical Thought
    U might not like a lot u will hear, u might wholeheartly disagree with some stuff mentioned, for example the idea's advocated by the Zeitgeist films/Movement considering future solutions. But to advocate that is not my main intend here. I hope you to inform about the here and now and it's history. And to come back again on the Zeitgeist movies, even though they still tend to get a lot of criticism I chose to include them in this Guide anyway simply because they're brilliant (I'm talking bout the last 2, Addendum and Moving Forward) in explaining and covering a lot of topics in a relative short time.
    But also, like with all sources mentioned here, all good documentaries are supposed to actually challenge you, making you think. So look further yourself, explore, don't take simply anything as the whole truth and nothing but. All I'm doing here is saving you a lot of time by giving you a starting point, because that's all this is.

You consider all this Doom?
    Stick with the regular mainstream news sources you're used to, that's doom-talking. Everyday all sorts of fears thrown over you, mostly full of misinformation and/or lies (7 billion people too much? There are techniques available, today, to house/feed/clothe 20 billion people...). My intend here, and also of all the people who are responsible for all the material in this Guide are trying to show you that there ain't no need to fear possible futures as long as we face, act and anticipate on all the problems and issues we have now, and take our responsibility. The only doom that there might be is human behaviour which goes wrong because people are simple not informed and ready.
    "It's time to either evolve, or parish"

And addressing the "conspiracy" blabla, from those who just loves that (Alex Jones and the likes) and those who are heavily opposed by it:

"(...)This isn’t a conspiracy theory type of thing. These people don’t have to get together an plot to do things. They all basically work under one primary assumption, and that is that they must maximize profits regardless of the social and environmental costs." - JOHN PERKINS, QUOTE FROM ZEITGEIST: ADDENDUM.

And to put it into my own words, people just do what they do, without thinking, and you can find that behaviour in all levels of society. Just doing your job without using your common sense and disregard the consequences. And if there's actually something like Illuminati/NWO/etc, well, then they're nothing more than people who got it too high in the head, totally ignoring the laws of physics, and a bunch of other natural laws. They're the last ones I'm worried about.

About how the Zeitgeist movies came to be and about other questions you might have u can find further down in the docu Who Is Peter Joseph, the General Q&A and About The Film Project section
    Also the Mission Statement, the FAQ at the TZM forum, the Activist and Orientation Guide and other which is all mentioned/linked here in this guide, will explain a lot more.

There are 3 Zeitgeist films but the 1st one I put down below in the General Q&A section since there's much misconception about it which also infects the 2 last ones. On that note it's important to know that each film stand on it's own and that the intent of the 1st one and the last 2 are totally different. And also:

"The relationship to the films is mainly in gesture. While the films have served as inspirations for The Movement, the subject matter in the films is not to be confused with the main materials/interests of The Zeitgeist Movement itself, which focus on values, resource economics and sustainability."

"The Zeitgeist Film Series, while an inspiration for The Movement which shares the term "Zeitgeist", is not to be confused with the content/views of the films in detail. The Zeitgeist Movement is an economic/sustainability movement at its core and its relationship to the Film Series content is not consistent. The Films (the last 2, Addendum & Moving Forward), while now moving to promote The Movement more so in part, are still intellectual/artistic treatments and are not to be considered a basis for The Movement itself."

The 1st movie was originally a live performance piece with live music and images, expressing someone's frustrations about some topics, which after the events was put on the internet for sharing purposes
    Beyond all expectations the view-count exploded and Peter Joseph got many reactions on it. One of them was from Jacque Fresco of the Venus Project. They decided to work together and not much later Zeitgeist: Addendum was released, not only addressing some of the problems mentioned in the first film, about how the economy, monetary system & money works, but also solutions given by The Venus Project, led by Jacque Fresco.
    This film also marks the beginning of The Zeitgeist Movement, whose main purpose is to spread awareness about our current problems and where it leads to and especially why all this doesn't have to be, why things can be truly so much better, partially inspired by The Venus Project, as addressed in the last 2 Zeitgeist films. (That partnership has recently ended, more about that below in the Mission Statement section).

* Want subtitles? Lots here has subtitles in many languages, please do look/google around for it. Be sure that when you check for Zeitgeist: The Movie, that you look for the Final edition, the 2010 update.
    And for Zeitgeist: Addendum and Moving Forward, go to CC and check if your language is in there:

*Start and pause the vids and let it load completely.
    *Click the pictures or the blue sentences to start the video's
    sources for subtitles: YouTube || GoogleVideo || Torrent || other
    tip: Right Click --> Open in new Tab

please do share this in any way you can
    www.tinyurl.com/ZeitgeistGuide
    it leads right to this Guide

paste this url not here on last.fm, they're a bitch with url shorteners

jeroenklomp.lastfm@gmail.com (messenger & email) || jeroenzklompz@hotmail.com (only messenger/msn) || jeroenzklompz@yahoo.com (only messenger) || https://twitter.com/JeroenzKlompz

The Movies:

Zeitgeist: Moving Forward

"In a decaying culture, Art, if it is truthful, must also reflect decay. And unless it wants to break faith with its social function, Art must show the world as changeable, and help to change it." - ERNST FISCHER

Zeitgeist: Addendum

"What we are trying in all these discussions and talks here, is to see if we cannot radically bring about a transformation of the mind. *Not accept things as they are* - but to understand it, to go into it, examine it, give your heart and your mind with every thing that you have to find out. A way of living differently. But that depends on you and not somebody else. Because in this there is no teacher, no pupil. There's no leader, there is no guru, there's no master, no savior. You yourself are the teacher, and the pupil, you're the master, you're the guru, you are the leader, you are everything! And, to understand is to transform what is." - JIDDU KRISHNAMURTI

Further down you can find the complete interview with former economic hitman John Perkins

winter 2012/2013

Zeitgeist: Beyond The Pale

movie-site & -trailer

An absolute MUST see, for it shows more than anything how bad things really are, how extremely urgent our situation is. Also it addresses subjects which are unfortunately ignored (?) by the Zeitgeist movies.

Collapse
    @Youtube || Alternative link || Alternative link IIThere seems to be some serious censorship going on at YouTube etc, since recently many versions of this movie were taken down after some supposed "copyright claims", even though the rightful copyright owner Bluemark Films stopped fighting online piracy (link). Whatever is going on, I'm gonna try to check daily if the current link still works and if not I will try searching for a new link.

September 11th, 2011, Portland, Oregon
    Re-Writing Genesis One & Forgiveness Of Debt
    must see!

*Autobiography Michael C. Ruppert
    *Who is Michael Ruppert
    *Our Achivements (FromTheWilderness.com)

More on Michael Ruppert, etc
    some material here I added purely to provide context. And to really understand and be aware of what has been, where it it got us now and where it leads to you need context.
    Why so much Ruppert? There are more people/sources who can be very informative and reliable, but the strength of Ruppert is his very simple and direct way of talking. But also through Ruppert you can find lots of other sources since he often uses and credits many other sources, especially from the ones before him.

2004 - The Truth and Lies of 9/11 (reading/docu)

2004 (I think) - 9/11 Means, Motive and Opportunity: The Direct Link to Peak Oil (reading)
    and why we shouldn't focus too much on 9/11

2004 - The End of Suburbia (docu)

What is Peak-Oil and what does it mean. One of THE best films about that what in the end it's all about.

2005 - DENIAL STOPS HERE: The End of The Age of Oil (reading)

2010 - The Peak Oil Crisis and What We Must Do To Confront It. Live Talk w/ Q&A period, May 13, 2010 Contois Auditorium, Burlington, Vermont

2011 - Mike Ruppert's comment on Zeitgeist: Moving Forward

2011 - Mike Ruppert Speaks @ Tom Brown Jr's Tracker School
    * part 1
    * part 2

2011 - Mike Ruppert addresses Z-Day L.A., March 12, 2011 1 day after Japan earthquake

April 27th 2011 - Mike Ruppert on WideAwakeNews radio (interview): http://wideawake.gsradio.net:8080/042711.mp3 (right click --> save as...)

May 3rd '11: Ruppert @ Info Krieger News (audio/radio)

May 22nd '11

The Birth of Post-Petroleum Human (Ecofest, Nevada City, CA -- May 22 2011)

"The best and the most important speech I will ever give" -- Michael C. Ruppert

Sites, etc:

*http://CollapseNet.com
    "A way for individuals, families and communities who are building lifeboats to connect, share information and expertise, teach, learn and reskill."

This site has various functions, and some content is for subscribers only, but some essential stuff is free. And it's news section is one of the best on the net, period. Do check out this: The Lighthouse Directory
    Do check out daily:

*http://FromTheWilderness.com/ (archive)
    mirror: http://www.copvcia.com/

Other: (also great daily news sources)

*http://ZeroHedge.com
    Real economic/monetary news, and more. This stuff is brilliant. Great Twitter feed too.

*http://ChrisMartenson.com
    "My name is Chris Martenson. I think the next twenty years are going to look very different from the last twenty. I want you to understand why.

New here? Start with the Crash Course. This series of videos clearly explains how our economy, energy systems and environment face increasing challenges, and explores likely implications for the future.

My primary goal is to position you for a positive tomorrow by taking appropriate action today. I built this site to help you stay informed, protect wealth, build resilience into your life and community, and connect with other concerned citizens. Hope to see you back here often."

*http://FaireWinds.com
    Hear about Fukushima etc weeks before you read it in the paper. Plus everything else which, probably, won't be in the paper.

*http://www.TransitionNetwork.org/
    Find Transition Town networks in your area, they're all over the world. Yes, you do want to know this.
    Don't try to reinvent the wheel, get connected with others

*Links Links & Links: This and This

Books:

* Ruppert, Michael C., Crossing the Rubicon: The Decline of the American Empire at the End of the Age of Oil, New Society Publishers, 2004. ISBN 0-86571-540-8

* Ruppert, Michael C., Confronting Collapse: The Crisis of Energy and Money in a Post Peak Oil World, Chelsea Green Publishing, 2009. ISBN 978-1-60358-264-3

A lot of the criticism on Michael Ruppert is often bout his personality, character, how he runs CollapseNet.com, etc. (and yeah, he tends to be quite narcissistic sometimes) But does that change anything bout the content? Does it makes the undebatable message less important? And yeah, he has been criticized a lot bout some "predictions" he did. Funny enough, that kinda criticism is getting less and less lately.
    Ofcourse, just like all of the above in the Guide, all this material invites you to explore more yourself. I recommend you do ;-) Be Critical
    ps: Alex Jones, and the likes (David Icke), even though he might express some truths, is a clown, joke, idiot and a fraud, period. A lot of the stuff he predicts are beyond any reasonable common sense, and his only purpose seems to create even more fear. Did that dude ever heard about the Laws Of Physics/The Universe? Known for: InfoWars.com, the popular 9-11 movie Loose Cannons (which is, how surprisingly, just too easy to debunk), movie Endgame (we're all going to be enslaved.....right, laws of physics again)

“Disinformation, in order to be effective must be 95% accurate.”

Highly Recommended documentaries:

UK RIOTS, AUGUST 2011

@YouTube

@Vimeo

The London Riots: Fuel For The Fire

And here a more than perfect example how people just refuse to listen to the real issues:
    London Riots. (The BBC will never replay this. Send it out)

My personal opinion? Well, forgive me my French, but that presenter is a stupid Cow (Yep, with capitol C)

Mark Duggan
    1981 - 2011

@Youtube

@Vimeo

@Youtube

@movie2k.to
    || torrent file-link

@TruthTheory.org / 56.com

About the Greek situation (English subtitled)

@YouTube

@StoryOfStuff.org
    || More Stories || @Youtube for various subtitles

@Youtube
    || Money As Debt II: Promised Unleashed

English spoken,with English subtitles (CC)

@Youtube, part I
    || Part II

@earthlings.com

@YouTube
    || Movie site

The people of these films also need an income to make more documentaries etc like these, check their sites to see how u can contribute, if u can ;-)

More on the Zeitgeist Movies/Movement:

about recent events & to state clearer what the Zeitgeist Movement is about:
    Friends,
    Below is the updated Mission Statement of The Zeitgeist Movement.

As many in the community might be aware, The Zeitgeist Movement is no
    longer in partnership with The Venus Project due to Jacque Fresco's
    interest to keep a more centralized focus on his work.

While TZM supports and advocates the concepts that encompass TVP, The
    Movement's focus has now become more open and flexible in its pursuit of a
    'Resource Based Economic Model', inviting a larger community of sustainable
    perspectives and activism than before.

Thank you.
    ZM

- MISSION STATEMENT [Updated April 24th '11] -

Founded in 2008, The Zeitgeist Movement is a Sustainability Advocacy Organization which conducts community based activism and awareness actions through a network of Global/Regional Chapters, Project Teams, Annual Events, Media and Charity Work.

The Movement's principle focus includes the recognition that the majority of the social problems which plague the human species at this time are not the sole result of some institutional corruption, scarcity, a political policy, a flaw of "human nature" or other commonly held assumptions of causality.

Rather, The Movement recognizes that issues such as poverty, corruption, collapse, homelessness, war, starvation and the like appear to be "Symptoms" born out of an outdated social structure. While intermediate Reform steps and temporal Community Support are of interest to The Movement, the defining goal here is the installation of a new socioeconomic model based upon technically responsible Resource Management, Allocation and Distribution through what would be considered The Scientific Method of reasoning problems and finding optimized solutions.

This "Resource-Based Economic Model" is about taking a direct technical approach to social management as opposed to a Monetary or even Political one. It is about updating the workings of society to the most advanced and proven methods Science has to offer, leaving behind the damaging consequences and limiting inhibitions which are generated by our current system of monetary exchange, profits, corporations and other structural and motivational components.

The Movement is loyal to a train of thought, not figures or institutions. In other words, the view held is that through the use of socially targeted research and tested understandings in Science and Technology, we are now able to logically arrive at societal applications which could be profoundly more effective in meeting the needs of the human population. In fact, so much so, that there is little reason to assume war, poverty, most crimes and many other money-based scarcity effects common in our current model cannot be resolved over time.

The range of The Movement's Activism & Awareness Campaigns extend from short to long term, with the model based explicitly on Non-Violent methods of communication. The long term view, which is the transition into a Resource-Based Economic Model, is a constant pursuit and expression, as stated before. However, in the path to get there, The Movement also recognizes the need for transitional Reform techniques, along with direct Community Support.

For instance, while "Monetary Reform" itself is not an end solution proposed by The Movement, the merit of such legislative approaches are still considered valid in the context of transition and temporal integrity. Likewise, while food and clothes drives and other supportive projects to help those in need today are also not considered a long term solution, it is still considered valid in the context of helping others in a time of need, while also drawing awareness to the principle goal.

The Zeitgeist Movement also has no allegiance to a country or traditional political platforms. It views the world as a single system and the human species as a single family and recognizes that all countries must disarm and learn to share resources and ideas if we expect to survive in the long run. Hence, the solutions arrived at and promoted are in the interest to help everyone on the planet Earth, not a select group.

These video's, the lectures, Q&A's, etc, are very recommended to watch since it might, and probably will, answer a lot of the criticism and questions u might have after watching the Zeitgeist films. And especially the lectures go a lot deeper and more detailed into the matters addressed in Addendum and Moving Forward.

Interview/Docu:

dec 2009 - Who Is Peter Joseph

2009 - Peter Joseph talks with Karen Frandsen

The Zeitgeist Activist and Orientation Guide

or the PDF
    Both the video and the PDF are a bit outdated but they working on new releases at the moment, till that time the video and PDF from 2009

Designing The Future PDF

by Jacque Fresco

Lectures/Readings by:

Peter Joseph
    2009 - Where Are We Now

2009 - Where Are We Going

2010 - Social Pathology

2011 - Arriving at a Resource Based Economy @ London ZDay '11

June 21st 2011 - Los Angeles Townhall Meeting (with Q&A)

Jacque Fresco & Roxanne Meadows
    Oct 2009 - The Venus Project London Lecture

Q&A's with public / Press-conferences:

nov 2008 - Zeitgeist Addendum Q&A at London Bridge

march 15th 2009 - press-conference, ZDay in NYC at the BMCC TRIBECA Performing Arts Center

jan 2011 - Zeitgeist: Moving Forward Q&A

jan 2011 - Zeitgeist: Moving Forward press-conference

Movie:

Future By Design

directed by William Gazecki

"Future by Design shares the life and far-reaching vision of Jacque Fresco, considered by many to be a modern day Da Vinci. Peer to Einstein and Buckminster Fuller, Jacque is a self-taught futurist who describes himself most often as a "generalist" or multi-disciplinarian -- a student of many inter-related fields. He is a prolific inventor, having spent his entire life (he is now 90 years old) conceiving of and devising inventions on various scales which entail the use of innovative technology. As a futurist, Jacque is not only a conceptualist and a theoretician, but he is also an engineer and a designer."

2010 - Jacque Fresco & Roxanne Meadows on On The Edge
    Yes, the source, TV-station Press TV, is quite controversial, I'm totally aware of that, but the interview in this show is very good and sharp, and in the end the content matters the most. Recommended to watch.

Complete interview with former economic hitman John Perkins (Zeitgeist Addendum)

Sites, etc:

other:

The Venus Project Media on YouTube

The Zeitgeist Movement Official Channel on YouTube

also, do search at vimeo.com, googlevideo, youtube, etc for more on: Peter Joseph, Zeitgeist Movie, Venus Project, Jacque Fresco & Mike/Michael Ruppert

Responses To Common Misconceptions of The Zeitgeist Movement and The Venus Project:

Peter Joseph responds to common free market capitalist claims that TZM is simply "Marxism with robots".

A lot of your questions you might have u also can find in this FAQ

And here the video of all video's that basically makes this guide and all other video's obsolete which means I did all this for nothing...

General Q&A

WHO IS PETER JOSEPH?
    Peter Joseph was born in North Carolina to a middle class family. The son of a mailman and a social worker, he began his creative interests with music at a young age. Later, seeking a career in percussion, he moved to New York initially to attend a Conservatory, only to drop out after an inability to afford the tuition. Currently he lives and works in New York City and focuses on media related fields, including music composition, editing, post-production and other A/V related. He is also a former private equity trader, which he often comments upon as being his "introduction to the wasteful, destructive system known as Wall Street".

After the release of Zeitgeist: Addendum, he founded "The Zeitgeist Movement", which is a social sustainability organization with members now in nearly every country. His work with The Movement is now a large part of his daily activities - giving lectures and helping to produce relevant media/materials to spread the interest for a new social system- called a Resource-Based Economy.
    To learn more about Peter's background, a free online "mini-doc" was created by Charles Robinson, which can be viewed online: http://whoispeterjoseph.com

WHO FUNDS THE FILM(S)?
    There are no external investors or contributors. It is 100% independent and Peter Joseph has funded everything with his own money.

WHY DOES PETER JOSEPH NOT USE HIS SURNAME?
    Peter Joseph is Peter's first and middle name. He has chosen to keep his family name unpublicized due to his freelance work which he uses, in part, to fund The Film Project and The Movement, while also trying to protect his family from the many threats he has received since the first film came out. Sadly, this has led to many erroneous speculations with regard to his identity and background. In fact, the actual evolution of the name issue took a few turns. The first level was the Internet release of a film that, at that time in 2007, had zero clearance of the media within it. Since the intent was never to distribute anything for money and the original performance was free, the "educational fair use" denotation allowed the work to exist.

However, once interest began online and demand for DVDs arose, Peter's first instinct was to remove himself from view and assume it would blow over. The first credit ever used was the name "Peter J." This was an attempt to not only protect him from the many hate-filled people who attacked the film and himself, but also because of the fear that the legal implications could blow up in a serious way. It wasn’t until Peter finally gained clearance for the components of the work that he then released the name "Peter Joseph". This served two roles - to stop the ongoing speculation at that time about what the "J" stood for, while also continuing to protect his surname and hence friends/family from the controversial association. Today, Peter admits he does not care about the name issue anymore, but since it has now been years since the ‘Peter Joseph’ name has propagated, changing it once again would only confuse things more so.

Sadly, however, some of the more inconsiderate online have taken it upon themselves to try and exploit the issue by claiming to "expose" Peter and his family - posting private information about his brother, parents, coworkers and friends online - as though it reveals anything but the personal lives of people who do not deserve to have their privacy violated. This is truly despotic behavior; in extremely poor taste and it has already hurt people associated with Peter in many ways - people who have zero connection to his work. Legal actions are underway with regard to those groups who persist with this form of harassment.

WHAT IS 'THE ZEITGEIST MOVEMENT' AND HOW IS IT RELATED TO THE FILMS?
    The Zeitgeist Movement is a grass roots campaign to unify the world through a common ideology based on the fundamentals of life and nature. It is based on the social / technological work of Jacque Fresco and his Venus Project. The Zeitgeist Movement bypasses traditional ideas of politics, religion and the like and instead attempts to communicate how all humans are the same at the fundamental level and how it is time we start to work together on a global scale to end the seemingly perpetual conflict and suffering in our current world society.

The relationship to the films is mainly in gesture. While the films have served as inspirations for The Movement, the subject matter in the films is not to be confused with the main materials/interests of The Zeitgeist Movement itself, which focus on values, resource economics and sustainability. For example, TZM is not about 9/11, Comparative Religion, Central Banking, Financial Reform or the like. In the world today, many are active in these areas and work to resolve them on a per case basis. TZM is not interested in this - its function is to find the 'source' of problematic social phenomena and act to resolve it at its core. This is why a completely new social system is expressed in the Movement's materials. http://thezeitgeistmovement.com

WHERE CAN I LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SOURCES FOR THE FILM(S)?
    Each film has a respective Companion Source Guide, which goes line by line of the narration to show the sources and even expand on the content. It is worth pointing out that since the release of Zeitgeist: The Movie, the term "debunked" has been tossed around by many who have either been unable to find the sources or, due to a highly biased disposition, refuse to accept or review such sources. For those who have heard this rhetoric - that a film was "debunked"- we encourage you to think for yourself and go through the PDFs we have provided for free. Sadly, some in the religious community have been the most vehement in this regard, grossly misinterpreting the intent of Part 1 of Zeitgeist: The Movie. (Source) Some have even composed full books/videos in an attempt to refute. These rebuttals appear to be almost always one sided and radiate with emotional disdain.

WHY DID THE DVD PRICE STRUCTURE CHANGE?
    Before, the DVDs were offered for 5$ without a case, Now, due to ongoing demand, each DVD comes in a traditional, factory wrapped, case. The DVD cost stays the same, but the shipping & handling cost had to increase due to the extra size and weight. Hence, our fulfillment house now has to charge more as a result.

CAN I COPY THE DVDS AND GIVE AWAY?
    Yes- please do. While we will shut down any piracy that sells the films (it is fully copyright), we encourage everyone to duplicate it at will for non-monetary distribution. Also, public access showings and the like do not require any approval from us- just do it!

CAN I RENT A THEATER AND SHOW THE FILMS?
    Yes. All that is asked is that you do not charge for the screening and, if you do, it must reflect a "break even scenario" so you can cover your costs of theater rental. Generally speaking, anyone if free to screen at will as long as it isn’t used to generate a profit. If you are a major TV station and have an interest to show the productions in the commercial context, please email us for terms.

HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE FILMS?
    There are two download forms. One is the Hi-Res, Full Resolution ".mov" (Quicktime) which can be obtained by going to the Vimeo Acct. and download from the bottom right hand side. (You would need to sign in to do this) The 2nd is the full DVD ".iso" can be downloaded via Torrent:
    Zeitgeist: The Movie NTSC, with 2010 update [PAL Pending]
    Zeitgeist: Addendum NTSC and PAL.
    ZeitGeist: Moving Forward
    However, please understand that while these videos are provided free here, this project cannot be sustained without DVD orders.

HOW DID "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE" COME TO BE?
    The original Zeitgeist was actually not a "film", but a performance piece, which consisted of a vaudevillian style multi-media event using recorded music, live instruments and video. The event was given over a 6-night period in New York City and then, without any interest to professionally release or produce the work, was "tossed" up on the Internet arbitrarily. The work was never designed as a film or even a documentary in a traditional sense - it was designed as a creative, provoking, emotionally driven expression, full of artistic extremity and heavily stylized gestures.
    However, once online, an unexpected flood of interest began to generate. Within 6 months over 50 Million views were recorded on Google Video counters (before they were reset for some reason). The current combined estimates put the number of Internet views at over 100 million as of 2009. Suddenly "Zeitgeist" the event", became "Zeitgeist: The Movie".

I HEARD "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE" WAS "DEBUNKED"... IS THIS TRUE?
    The term "Debunked" is found to be used mostly by those individuals or groups who hold an emotional/ideological disposition that is contrary to the message(s) of the film. The three most common groups that tote this rhetoric are the orthodox religious communities, the "patriot" (or nationalist) communities and the monetary/capitalist communities. Zeitgeist: The Movie consists of 100s of points and while there are many angles of obvious debate the work is far from un-sourced or unfounded. In 2010, an update was made to the work that corrected small problems while also clarifying and updating the work in general - replacing the prior version. (See more below) Upon this update a free 220 page "Companion Source Guide" was created to openly show the sources and reasoning. To "debunk Zeitgeist: The Movie" is to debunk this guide. This has not occurred. In fact, it is technically impossible to do so in such a context. Only sections can be isolated and argued. It is important to point out that many who claim to have "debunked" this or that are really often working from the standpoint of debate for the sake of a wanted external perception. In other words, given the nature of semantics and interpretation, many can twist/manipulate points to fit what could be perceived as a viable argument or refutation while, in effect, they are really just denying data, creating "straw men" or simply lying. Anyone who doesn't understand or believe the film's points should read the free Companion Source Guide.

WHAT CHANGED IN THE 2010 UPDATE TO "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE"?
    The core changes occurred in Part 3. Part 2 was mostly expanded with new developments and Part 1 is the same, apart from subtle rephrasing in the narration for the sake of better continuity/clarity. Regarding Part 3, the largest alteration was the removal/change of the end section regarding Trading Agreements and the nature of the growing global corporate governance. Since this issue was more cleanly expressed in Zeitgeist: Addendum, little was lost. This was also done to avoid the film being "dated", while allowing for more expansion in content in other sections - keeping the work under 2 hours. Many other temporal points were altered so the work would be more general and non-time specific. Otherwise, corrections were made with regard to poorly sourced quotes and the like and a good deal of new content was added in the "War" section.

HOW DO I KNOW IF WHAT IS IN "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE" IS ACTUALLY TRUE?
    Please read the free Companion Source Guide and decide for yourself.

SOME SAY "ZEITGEIST: THE MOVIE" ATTACKS "CHRISTIANS"... IS THIS TRUE?
    This is just information. The idea it is an "attack" is a projection. People often choose to be attacked/offended when they hear information they do not like, even though it has nothing to do with them directly. The information itself is neutral. Also, many don't seem to realize that their ideology is not "them". It is simply what they have been taught. So, to say the film is attacking "Christians" or any group is about as absurd as saying the film attacks people with baseball caps. "Christians", or any group for that matter, have nothing to do with anything here. To discuss a religious theology or other dataset is not to discuss those who believe in or follow it.
    Also, if you don't like what you hear or see, you can make the choice not to see or hear it. No one is being held down with his or her eyes propped open and forced to watch this movie. If you don't like it - turn it off.

Sadly, propagandists against the project use this idea that the film "attacks" a group in order to try and manipulate others into not thinking critically about the information and hence push a bias. The same kind of propaganda has materialized where the project has been called "New World Order", "Satanic" "Marxist" and other irrational, thoughtless distinctions not worth bringing up.

WHO IS D.M. MURDOCK ( ACHARYA S )?
    D.M. Murdock was the academic consultant for Part 1 of Zeitgeist: The Movie. She is an independent scholar of comparative religion and mythology, specializing in the history of religious concepts dating back thousands of years, along with their evolution into the present and relationship with our "modern" faiths, such as Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and others. A linguist who researches in several languages, Murdock was educated in Classics, Greek Civilization, at Franklin & Marshall College and the American School of Classical Studies at Athens, Greece. Under her pen name of "Acharya S," Murdock is the author of the controversial best-seller "The Christ Conspiracy: The Greatest Story Ever Sold," as well as "Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled." Creating her own company, Stellar House Publishing, Murdock has also published "Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ," "Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection," "The Gospel According to Acharya S," "The Astrotheology Calendar" series and
    "Man Made God" by Barbara G. Walker. Acharya's work was featured in the religion part of the hit internet film "ZEITGEIST," viewed over 100 million times in nearly three dozen languages worldwide. Articles, videos and radio interviews by Murdock can be found on her websites and blogs, including:

http://TruthBeKnown.com
    http://StellarHousePublishing.com
    http://FreethoughtNation.com
    http://www.examiner.com/freethought-in-national/d-m-murdock

Zeitgeist: The Movie
    (Final Edition, 2010 update)

"The more you educate yourself the more you understand where things come from the more obvious things become and you begin to see lies everywhere. You have to know the truth and seek the truth and the truth will set you free" - Jordan Maxwell
    companion source guide (PDF)

WHAT IS "THE VENUS PROJECT"?
    The Venus Project, which constitutes the life long work of social engineer and structural designer Jacque Fresco, is an organization that wants nothing less than a peaceful and sustainable global civilization. It seeks to update society to present day knowledge and modern methods. Its tenets are essentially based on the application of Science and Technology for human and social concern. The social structure it advocates is called a Resource-Based Economy.
    A Resource-Based Economy utilizes existing resources rather than commerce. All goods and services
    are available without the use of currency, credit, barter or any form of debt or servitude.
    The aim of this new social design is, in part, to free humanity from the repetitive, mundane and arbitrary
    occupational roles which hold no true relevance for social development, while encouraging a new
    incentive system that is focused on self-fulfillment, education, social awareness and creativity, as
    opposed to the shallow and self-centered goals of wealth, property and power which are dominant
    today. More than that, it seeks to create a society that is truly sustainable and works for the betterment of everyone. The Venus Project recognizes that the earth is abundant with resources, and that our outdated
    methods of rationing resources through monetary control are no longer relevant. In fact, they are
    very counterproductive to our survival. The monetary system was created thousands of years ago
    during periods of great scarcity. Its initial purpose was contrived as a method of distributing goods
    and services based on labor contributions. It is not at all related to our true capacity to produce goods
    and services on this planet. More can be found at www.thevenusproject.com

The Film Project

Since the original public performance of "Zeitgeist" in 2007, there has been an evolution of intent which has manifested into an on-going film expression consisting now of multiple productions. While each film stands on its own with regard to content, the Zeitgeist Film Series as a whole has a dedicated social intent to create awareness about the world we share, the problems we face, along with what we can do to make it better as a collective species.

As alluded to above, the history of "Zeitgeist: The Movie" is not what many assume. The original Zeitgeist was not a film, but a performance piece, which consisted of a vaudevillian style multi-media event using recorded music, live instruments and video. The event was given over a 6-night period in New York City and then, without any interest to professionally release or produce the work, was "tossed" up on the Internet arbitrarily. The work was never designed as a film or even a documentary in a traditional sense - it was designed as a creative, provoking, emotionally driven expression, full of artistic extremity and heavily stylized gestures. (For more about the evolution of "Zeitgeist, The Movie" please see the Q & A at www.zeitgeistthefilm.com )

However, once online, an unexpected flood of interest began to generate. Within 6 months over 50 Million views were recorded on Google Video counters (before they were reset for some reason). The current combined estimates put the number of Internet views at over 100 million as of 2009. Suddenly "Zeitgeist" the event, became "Zeitgeist: The Movie".

In turn, the decision was made to make a follow up in 2008 entitled "Zeitgeist: Addendum". (www.zeitgeistaddendum.com) Originally this was going to conclude the series, introducing ideas of resolve for some of our ongoing social problems. Yet, this work succeeded in sparking a mass shift of attention, inspiring the development of an activist organization now called The Zeitgeist Movement. This Movement, founded by Peter Joseph in conjunction with Jacque Fresco's "Venus Project", now works globally to spread information about a new social system called a Resource Based Economy. With over 420,000 registrations from nearly all countries as of mid 2010, the development has been dynamic.

However, this is an aside- The Zeitgeist Film Series, while an inspiration for The Movement which shares the term "Zeitgeist", is not to be confused with the content/views of the films in detail. The Zeitgeist Movement is an economic/sustainability movement at its core and its relationship to the Film Series content is not consistent. The Films, while now moving to promote The Movement more so in part, are still intellectual/artistic treatments and are not to be considered a basis for The Movement itself. Please see www.thezeitgeistmovement.com for more information on this important social revolution.

Now, a new production is in the works, the third film of the series, which will be entitled "Zeitgeist: Moving Forward". This work will focus on the state of modern scientific understandings with regard to human behavior, along with advanced technological and organizational methods which could improve our society greatly, reducing the possibility of severe ecological problems for the future and hence working towards true global sustainability for the species itself. More on this work can be found on its website: www.zeitgeistmovingforward.com

As a whole, this Film Project will likely continue given the large audience that has emerged to support it.In other words, a long-term series of films under the title of "Zeitgeist" is underway. As the definition of "Zeitgeist" states, we are dealing with the "intellectual/spiritual/cultural awareness of the time" and it is the goal of this project to explore what makes us who we are, how we relate, what we are doing and what we should be doing if we wish to live in a peaceful, abundant, and healthy global community.

Beyond that, please note that all the films are available for free viewing/download. 5$ DVD with cases are also made available for purchase. This "not-for-profit" price structure, which is essentially 75% less that the average cost of such a DVD product commercially, is presented to the public as a gesture of intent. This isn't about money - it is about getting this important information out there. Likewise, while the films are fully copyright overall to protect from profit oriented piracy, we encourage everyone to duplicate, upload, post and screen at will- just as long as there is no monetary exchange. However, please have no illusions here- this Project is only possible to continue if people do purchase the $5 DVD. So, while you have the option to get everything for free, please respect the fact that money is still the driving mechanism for exchange in our current system and, sadly, each one of us have to "make money" somehow to continue.

Edited by JeroenKlomp on 20 Jan 2012, 16:29
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.