Favorite Album

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Aug 2005, 17:03

Favorite Album

What's everyone's favorite album? I love "Tommy," personally

• My favorite album would be Quadrophenia. The music's so layered and the lyrics are easy to relate to, not to mention just beautiful in general.

• lunch9 said...
    • User
    • 18 Aug 2005, 04:04
    Tommy has always been my favorite album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Aug 2005, 21:31

Re:

Quoth whosjulies:
    My favorite album would be Quadrophenia. The music's so layered and the lyrics are easy to relate to, not to mention just beautiful in general.

Yeah, that's definatley my second favorite. Something about those rock operas really gets me! I guess it's the story they tell.

• fave album

i've gotta say i'm torn. tommy definitely ISN'T my favorite, although the songs are really good. i guess i would pick something that's good for lots of different moods. maybe live at leeds, or even who's next is my favorite.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2005, 10:00
    Currently, Quadrophenia. The Who Sell out is also very good.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Sep 2005, 01:07
    Quadrophenia, though if the unused tracks (Pure and Easy, Baby Don't You Do It, Naked Eye, Water) were put on Who's Next instead of the four filler tracks, I would like Who's Next the most.

• I would probably say Tommy is my favorite. Or Who's Next. But I've been listening to a lot of The Who By Numbers lately too. It's hard to choose.

• tussery said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2005, 06:02
    Have to say mine is by far Quadrophenia then Who's Next then Tommy.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2005, 21:28
    Any one of the live Forum 2002/2004 abums My Generation because it was the first LP I ever bought and I still have it! and then Odds and Sods

• futzy99 said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2005, 19:58
    Who's Next is definately my favorite. First real rock CD I ever listened to. It's what got me into The Who. Although the new tracks they slapped onto the end completely ruined the flow. I always listen to just the original, first 9. Much better with Won't Get Fooled Again as the final track.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2005, 16:20
    It would have been perfect if they had included Pure and Easy

• Who's Next, but for live albums I choose LIVE AT LEEDS

• Tommy is my favourite album. I also like Live At Leeds.

The love you take is equal to the love you make
  • My fav is Who's Next hands down. It's one of those albums where you can listen to it all the way through and never feel like skipping a song.

• Who's Next is The 'Oo at the peak of their powers. Moony's drumming is sensational throughout. Daltrey's singing on "Behind Blue Eyes" is his best performance in my eyes. But the real gem on the album is "Going Mobile". The band as a trio (no Daltrey), and the energy projected is out of this world. If you only ever own one Who album this must be it.

"We'll be fighting in the streets, with our children at our feet. And the morals they all worship will be gone"
  • Re:

Quoth :
    Quadrophenia, though if the unused tracks (Pure and Easy, Baby Don't You Do It, Naked Eye, Water) were put on Who's Next instead of the four filler tracks, I would like Who's Next the most.

What filler tracks? There aren't any?

Only Pure and Easy is a leftover from the Lifehouse project. The other 3 tracks are all live on the end of Who's Next. The studio versions can be found on the re-issued Odds and Sods CD. However, fans of Moony will not want anything other than the live version of Baby Don't You Do It.

"We'll be fighting in the streets, with our children at our feet. And the morals they all worship will be gone"
  • The Who Sings My Generation is my favourite.

• toomilk said...
    • User
    • 26 Jan 2006, 06:03
    Yorkball, you sound like you've read the liner notes for Who's Next a few too many times...

• The Who By Numbers is a great one, but I don't know... Who's Next and Tommy ar also lovely, as is The Who Sell Out. Can't choose. :)

"And now a break from the people that pay me... That's it, that how much they pay me."

I'm sitting in the Sheraton Gibson, playing my Gibson...

"That's noise, mate - this is The Who." -Keith Moon
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jan 2006, 22:19
    Definitely Tommy

• toomilk said...
    • User
    • 31 Jan 2006, 08:48
    York8ball used the same post on another comment. I'm sorry, I'm not singling you out - I stumbled upon this by pure chance.

http://www.last.fm/group/The%2BWho/journal&action=display&entryid=35765

that's not cool man.

• Who cares about being cool? It's all about the music

• My favorite albums are Who's Next, Tommy, and Quadrophenia.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Feb 2006, 20:50

Which Album?

Which album do you concider has the best version of Won't Get Fooled Again on it?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.