something about forum topics

• something about forum topics

So something is in overview and in description, but now I will write a bit more about topics of this group:

The Thorns is band, but this group isn't ONLY about this band - it is more about group members and people about them. I wanted to connect all fans of Droge, Mullins, Sweet, The Thorns and similar artists.

At the beginning I wanted only group about Pete Droge and maybe about people about them. But I found out that Pete has really small amount of fans. Also I wanted to learn more abou Sweet and Mullins - so I connected both my ideas and I made group with name "The Thorns".

I want to talk here about The Thorns, Pete Droge, Shawn Mullins, Matthew Sweet and all artist which have some connections with some of them.

I am not so fan of Mullins and Sweet like I am fan of Droge and Thorns - I am just Mullins/Sweet beginner ;) and Droge/thorns veteran, but I really want to learn more about Matt and Shawn (I have one album of both artists). So if you're fan of Mullins/Sweet/someone-else, just create a thread about them and let's talk about them (and let's learn about them ;)).

I hope that you understood what I wanted to say and group will have success and we will meet other fans and learn new things (and discover many good alternative pop music ;)) ...

• I looooove Matthew Sweet. You're forgetting Pete Droge also contributed the song Beautiful Girl to the "Beautiful Girls" soundtrack sometime back in the 1990s. :)

I want to know more about this band. I'm not that big a fan of Shawn Mullins but with Droge and Sweet working together, it should be all right.

• Re:

Quoth KateinKowloon:
    I looooove Matthew Sweet. You're forgetting Pete Droge also contributed the song Beautiful Girl to the "Beautiful Girls" soundtrack sometime back in the 1990s. :)

I want to know more about this band. I'm not that big a fan of Shawn Mullins but with Droge and Sweet working together, it should be all right.

I've heard only Sweet's Girlfriend, but I like it. Great album.
    Pete is god :). And Beautiful Girls is nice alternative pop song.
    Mullins is good. I know his album Soul Core and I must say, that Lullaby rulez :). Also Pete Droge co-wrote hit Beautiful Wreck for Mullins.
    If you want anything about anyone, just ask :)

• There are also a number of great songs (ha, caught myself capitalizing!) on Matthew Sweet's 100% Fun album. Sick of Myself and We're The Same I think were released as singles for the album and are strong pop songs. But I also love Smog Moon, a low tempo rocker and Get Older, which I don't think was released as a single but just has a beautiful guitar hook.

I think I'm going to listen to some of his songs right now. :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.