• megnak said...
    • User
    • 2 Apr 2006, 23:46

New Morrissey!

Check out the new e-card for Morrissey's upcoming album, "Ringleader of the Tormentors" at http://www.morrisseymusic.com/ecard/

song shows us ourselves as we would be if we were worthy of the world
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jun 2006, 05:27
    I got the album... impressive. Not the best, but it's a good album. I think I prefered "You Are the Quarry", though.

• Fes3f said...
    • User
    • 24 Jun 2006, 00:00
    Thats what i said at first. I thought that the album was kinda weak, and maybe a little dull.
    But then, the more i listened to it, the more i got into it

Right now, im loving every second of it, and i think its just as good, if not better than, You are the quarry.

I think that it just takes time

but the song "life is a pigsty"....
    amazing

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Jun 2006, 16:46
    Well, I find a few tracks very, very much.. and then the others just.. were okay. Whereas with "You Are The Quarry" the tracks were totally amazing or forgettable. For the power of the few tracks, You Are The Quarry wins.

But I'll listen to Ringleader of the Tormentors a little more.. see if it grows on me.

• Fes3f said...
    • User
    • 26 Jun 2006, 20:24
    i can see what youre saying...for i think too that songs on you are the quarry are a little more "epic"...like You know i couldnt last or Life is full of crashing bores...but then again theres track that are not as compelling or powerful..like for example im not too fond of America is not the world.

i think that with ringleader, morrissey's sound completely evolved and progressed from the sound he achieved in You are the quarry

so yeah, you should definitely go ahead and let it grow on you

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Jun 2006, 00:13
    The track "On The Streets I Ran" sticks out right now.. and "Dear God, Please Help Me".... phenomenal.

I saw him do "You Have Killed Me Live" on some TV Show.. very nice.

• it's the same old s.o.s, but with brand new broken fortune

life is a pigsty - possibly one of the greatest songs ever, nevermind mozzalini. but that's just me

I prefer ringleader to you are the quarry but everyone has their preferences. To be honest I am glad to find anyone who actually LIKES morrissey, it disgusts me how many people judge him before they have even heard any of his quality music. "...but i love the smiths" is something i do not want to hear. He is the personality, he is the lyrical talent. He is almost God.

The smiths shall never be beaten (in my eyes) but morrissey deserves all the credit he gets. The people who think he is a "morbid grumpy bastard" can just eat shit. I'm talking about most of my un-educated friends here. Geezo rant over.

Scottish Fiction.
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.