The Games of our Lives

• [spam]

[spam]

Respect the Fallen Soldiers
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 3 Jan 2011, 19:28
  • I don't have a favourite, but I have been playing Ultimate Spiderman lately with my little brother, and One Piece: Grand Battle is awesome too

• I've been playing the career mode in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I'm up to Blacklist #8 now. Great fun. This is my primary car, a Volkswagen Golf GTI Mk. V.

• Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2006, 10:28
    Nice car!

I've been playing alot of Day of Defeat lately and i just ordered FOUR new games for me xbox.

The Godfather is the one i can't wait for...

I wish my lawn was emo - then it would cut itself. Another "Controversial" Journal
    Join It's all about emo bashing if you are sick of the emo culture.
    Cunning Lynguist - Music Advice Center, don't be stuck in a groove.
  • hayden_is_a_go said:
    Half Life 2 (A good story line DOES mean a good game)

That's why Metal Gear Solid 2 is my all time favourite videogame, look it up

This space for sale
    • Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 25 Jul 2006, 10:43
    mbatterham said:
    hayden_is_a_go said:

Original was better!

I wish my lawn was emo - then it would cut itself. Another "Controversial" Journal
  • I've been playing Crash Bandicoot lately... *is cool*

Hello.
  • I always go sniper in shootemups though, two headshots in a row, that's art.
    Unloading two sub machine gun clips, with 86 rounds flying into nothing and 4 hitting enemys, thats shit. That said, I never camp!

(This account is no longer in use. New account here; Marx)
  • [spam]

[spam]

• Mez1 said:
    mbatterham said:
    hayden_is_a_go said:

Original was better!

I've considered buying a PS2 just so I can play MGS3. I fucking love that series, and can't wait for no. 4

This space for sale
  • hayden_is_a_go said:
    I always go sniper in shootemups though, two headshots in a row, that's art.
    Unloading two sub machine gun clips, with 86 rounds flying into nothing and 4 hitting enemys, thats shit. That said, I never camp!

It doesn't have to be a sniper rifle to require skill, though. I much prefer open-sighted rifles, when possible. Kar98K all the way!

• [spam]

[spam]

• One thing I hate about CS is awp fags. Use a scout FFS, show you haev skill

This space for sale
  • There is nothing wrong with camping when it's a strategy, but campers so rarely strategize.
    All the time I find myself under fire from a clever little spot, and it's good fun taking the camper down, but to then have them respawn... And sprint straight back to the exact same spot Over, And Over Again... ARGH!!!
    My friends always do that, It drives me insane.
    That said, I absolutely love when a map has an awesome camping spot so a normal deathmatch spontaneously transforms into a king of the hill mid-match.
    I find people who know one spot and stay there suck balls, even if they spend the game camping, they should at least pick different spots.

• Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2006, 07:47
    Camping sucks. Try playing Day of Defeat when it's one shot kills with most guns and all you want to do is rush.

• I find myself in the most annoying standoffs, where Everybody on the map has picked a spot where they are safe and nobody is moving. It happens all the time, usually just for about 20 seconds or something.
    I always end up going out and taking up the f##king role of Hunter, only to find myself OWN3D by snipers in strategic positions...
    But this one time, at Halo2, I thought "Screw this, I'll let somebody else make the first move", and there was no shot fired for 3 minutes. I'm serious o_O
    I didn't make the first move though!

• Valve is offering a free 5-day trial of Red Orchestra Ostfront 41-45, and I decided to try it to see if I liked it, I was skeptical at first, but I ended up playing it all night into the morning. In case you don't know what Red Orchestra is, it's a WW2 multiplayer tactical shooter. It has a very strong emphasis on realism and authenticity. Examples:

Injuries: Being shot doesn't just mean losing health points. If you get hit in the ankle you can barely walk, for example.

Weapons: Submachineguns have enough recoil that if you just stand and fire you'll be aiming at the sky in no time, you either need to crouch, go prone or rest the weapon against a hard object such as a window frame to be at all accurate, and even then it's no good for anything longer than medium distance, rifles are better of course, but still not completely accurate, you still need to aim precisely. Reloading is not automatic, you have to manually work the bolt of a rifle after every shot. There are no crosshairs, only iron sights. (which you have to use to hit anything at all)

Classes: There are many different classes with different responsibilities, which classes are available depends on the map. For example, the tank commander and tank crew classes are only available on vehicle maps. Some important classes are Rifleman, Assault, Engineer and Squad Leader. The Squad Leader is a powerful but demanding class. You're basically in command of the entire platoon, and can issue orders, call in artillery and set up rally points.

Vehicles: In some maps there are vehicles such as tanks, halftracks and armored cars. Tanks, while fearsome, require skill, cooperation and practice to be used effectively, a tank can be manned by only one person, but they'll have to switch between driver and gunner positions to defend themselves. A tank is most efficient when occupied by a 3-man crew who work together to spot enemies. While the weapons on a tank are extremely powerful, they're also difficult to aim. Watching for hazards is also difficult, as, inside the tank you only have a narrow slit to look out of, and if you turn out to get a better view you run the risk of being sniped.

Red Orchestra is a serious and difficult game. But if you enjoy a much more hardcore style of multiplayer shooter and are sick of teammates who are more interested in spawn camping than accomplishing objectives, then RO is probably your thing. The players tend to be a lot more courteous, intelligent and cooperative in RO than any other online shooter i've played, simply because the idiots you so often run into in other games get bored very quickly in Red Orchestra and leave.

So yeah, you can probably tell I'm hooked. :P

Red Orchestra Official Site

• Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 4 Aug 2006, 09:09
    What are the specs required to play RO?

• CPU: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: 64 MB DX9 Compliant, 2 GB free hard drive space, DX 8.1 Compatible Audio, Windows 2000/XP

• Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2006, 14:19
    MattyDienhoff said:
    They're pretty easy on the hardware, this is what it said on the Steam information page on RO.

CPU: 1.2 GHZ or Equivalent, 512 MB RAM, Video Card: 64 MB DX9 Compliant, 2 GB free hard drive space, DX 8.1 Compatible Audio, Windows 2000/XP

Is it using the source engine or is it similar to DoD normal?

• Red Orchestra uses the UT2004 engine I think. Not the Source engine.

• [spam]

[spam]

• I play games on my Xbox, which I recently spent a chunk of money reparing.
    And now I am too poor for a 360.
    So I'm left with what's becoming a shell of a console, with less games being released for Xbox every week. My Gaming life is starting to resemble my lovelife... Which is not a good thing :P

• lol, i know how you feel. I'm addicted to WoW at the moment, take that up.

This space for sale
    • Mez1 said...
    • User
    • 12 Aug 2006, 14:18
    Benladen said:
    I have recently decided that Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers is one of the hardest fucking games of all time. And I love it.

Also, I am getting a new laptop pretty soon, which will actually be capable of running games. Woo! Fingers crossed that BF2 will be able to run on it, as well as CS.

I have Full Spectrum for the xbox. Awesome game...gets boring because it is basically fire, flank, kill. No other patterns.

If you want a game where you do that AND shoot yourself try out Brothers in arms.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.