For New Members

• Of course you inspire me kev... i just need to find something I can make fun of you with... and your coolness prohibits it. I'm creative though, you'll get something this week.

• Hi everyone, I'm Jonny. I'm in my first year studying medicine at St. George's in London, though I'm currently on my easter break, bored and spending far too much time on last.fm. Favourite bands of all time would be Radiohead, Joy Division, Pixies, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Neutral Milk Hotel and Bjork, but I'll listen to most types of music

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 17 Apr 2006, 19:15
    Welcome elpoo and Jonny. Glad to have you in our super-exclusory club.

• Jonny, what's your favorite Tribe song?

Mine: Check The Rhime

• Not sure... maybe electric relaxation - only got midnight maruaders though, how does the low end theory compare to it?

• I like midnight maruaders more, but The Anthology is the way to go.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 19 Apr 2006, 00:55
    Oh wow, I love "The Low End Theory." That might be my favorite hip-hop album, up there with Raekwon's "Only Built for Cuban Linx" and Nas's "Illmatic."

• It is one of the better Hip-Hop albums, for me it is up there with Illmatic and the Beastie's "Pauls Boutique". It has a great groove to it. I need to listen to Midnight Marauders and see how that compares to The Low End Theory.

• zfarrow said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 00:48
    so i feel like i've missed out drastically fellow elitists. so its catch-up time.

my names Zach and i also attend Clemson University. I'm a musician and my favorite is easily and by far Elliott Smith. other favorites include The Beatles, Zombies, The Wallflowers, Third Eye Blind, Sondre Lerche, and Jon Brion.

heres a link to my music: http://www.myspace.com/zachfarrow

-zach
    • zfarrow said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 00:57
    and heres a photoshopped picture..cos thats cool now:

-zach
  • Its ok Zach. You're a founding member, you have special priviledges unlike Nichole and Andrew. Speaking of which... I say if they have no posts by Friday they're out.

Nice pic, whats really hood?

• zfarrow said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 01:07
    Zach Farrow is really hood..and so is kicking them out if they continue to be losers with each other and neglecting our fine-formed forums.

-zach
  • I'm feeling bitter, lets just kick them out. Claire too she hasn't posted.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 04:13
    Want me to excuse them? They listen to good music, I hate kicking them out, but I wish they would just post every once in awhile.

• They were warned. I say give them the boot.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2006, 14:09
    Done and done.

• Excellent!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2006, 19:46

Me!

I'm a 25 year old teacher that has lived in Delaware since age 12 (from the UK before that)...

Currently (emphasis on currently), I have the following bands on heavy rotation: Mogwai, Be Your Own Pet, Tapes N Tapes, These Arms Are Snakes, Spoon, and Botch...

My album I just listened to is Elan Vital by Pretty Girls Make Graves.

I think the best band name ever is, "I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness".

Eh... can't think of anything else... here a pic:

http://gjh.paunix.org/gary.jpg

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 22 Apr 2006, 20:00
    Welcome Gary. I actually just got into Tapes N Tapes myself recently, they're a great band.

• Re: Me!

Quoth gazhunt:
    I have the following bands on heavy rotation: Mogwai, Be Your Own Pet, Tapes N Tapes, These Arms Are Snakes, Spoon, and Botch...
    http://gjh.paunix.org/gary.jpg

Mogwai is one of my favorite bands of all time, Gary!! If you've never been to one of their live shows, you need to see them the next time they're in your area (Philly, I'm guessing?). Welcome to the group!!! What subject do you teach?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Apr 2006, 13:35
    I saw them for the first time in Baltimore like 3 weeks ago. Unfortunetly, my mates and I got so excited about Mogwai beforehand that we drank a lot and didn't comprehend much of... anything... that night. I have tickets to see them again in Philly in a week or so.

I mostly teach english and music (and a buncha other subjects) at a small private school for emotionally distrubed children (see: suicide cases, etc).

• I saw Mogwai in Asheville with Kevin (jiroach6) and we were just (well i was for sure) shaking with joy up to the moment they came on. I feel my excitement made me miss out on some of the concert, so I have tickets to see them in Athens in two weeks!

and this: I mostly teach english and music (and a buncha other subjects) at a small private school for emotionally distrubed children (see: suicide cases, etc). is simply heroic.

• i'll be the resident rap aficionado

hi.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2006, 05:23
    Good, we definitely need one here! Most of us are of the indie pop/rockish sort, so by all means, we'd love the rap perspective. We have a pretty active forum, so having someone to talk about rap will make it all the better. Welcome aboard!

• Praise the Lord!!! Its nice to have a rap lover in here.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.