TME TV: The Trifling Media of Idiot Children

• Never liked Poot.

• Just torrented the first season of the wire over break, pretty excited to watch it once I get some free time.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 16 Jul 2011, 12:03
    • MNez said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 00:38
    McNulty in a British version of Mad Men? Yes, please.

http://tv.sky.com/west-to-star-in-british-mad-men

I still can't deal with Wire characters in other shows. Cutty showing up on It's Always Sunny or Marlo being on Heroes.

• [spam]

[spam]

• [spam]

[spam]

• Tilaton said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 00:56
    One word, Lovejoy.

• yea cuddy in its always suny threw me right out of the episode. that was maybe the most bizarre set sequence on that show btw

awois;fhISHFe
  • ACoolAssTurtle said:
    Stringer Bell didn't die but actually went straight and became a middle management type (in the US version of the Office).

Not to mention Omar in Boardwalk Empire.

• MNez said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2010, 18:46
    Chalky White is a much better name than Omar. Still, neighborhood kids warning "Uh-oh, Chalky comin'" as they run away doesn't seem as menacing.

• easily the most interesting recurring character from the wire

awois;fhISHFe
  • [spam]

[spam]

• nkh said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2010, 01:31
    At the moment I've been watching The Event, and, I like it. So there.

I'm also watching The Increasingly Bad Decisions of Todd Margaret. It stars David Cross (Tobias Funke from Arrested Development). I'm still not 100% convinced on it, but the first three episodes have had some pretty great moments.

• I don't have a TV series I watch right now, although I am planning to catch up on The Walking Dead eventually. If anyone has seen it, let me know how it is.

I used to watch 30 Rock, but it severely dropped off early on in Season 2 and I stopped watching it. I watched Community for 2-3 episodes and wasn't impressed.

Basically I catch Red Eye with Greg Gutfeld when I can, as well as Futurama when it airs on Comedy Central.

• Did you miss the part where like half of this thread has been talking about The Walking Dead? I still haven't gotten around to it, but they like it.

I'm, like, rewatching The OC. Then catching up on last night's Glee. You probably shouldn't talk to me.

That was then, this is dumb.
  • I'm with Turtle in regards to The Waling Dead. I'm also burnt out on zombies (as well as vampires). Seriously, how much mileage can you get out of these things? Having said that, Let the Right One in is still on my to watch list. I keep queuing it up on Netflix instant watch, but I always get distracted and end up doing something else (like tonight for instance).

• Zombies really aren't the focus of Walking Dead, though. It's more about what happens to people when all their morals and laws no longer apply and how they cope with the massive changes. Basically, it takes more of a "Who's the real monster here?" approach.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
  • andgoodbye said:
    I'm, like, rewatching The OC.

I watched Season one of this once when I was ill. It might not be the greatest show ever but it's real easy to get hooked and watch like 12 episodes in a row. That Oliver guy was a terrible cunt :@

• MNez said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2010, 05:27
    ACoolAssTurtle said:
    Oh another is Avon Barksdale was a football player in a newly desegregated southern school (Remember the Titans) before he became a drug dealer.

And his strong side LB Bertier turned into a biker on Sons of Anarchy. Just goes to show that desegregation leads to drug dealing and gang violence.

Also on Sons of Anarchy this year, Leo Fitzpatrick (Telly from Kids and Bubbles friend Johnny on the Wire) , turned up as a coward new recruit.

• th1s1sm1n3 said:
    Zombies really aren't the focus of Walking Dead, though. It's more about what happens to people when all their morals and laws no longer apply and how they cope with the massive changes. Basically, it takes more of a "Who's the real monster here?" approach.

I've only seem one episode and a few minutes of the pilot..
    But It seems like mysterious zombie apocalypse + Lost + that episode of the Twilight Zone where an alien visits this neighbor hood and everyone on the block ends up killing each other.

• th1s1sm1n3 said:
    Zombies really aren't the focus of Walking Dead, though. It's more about what happens to people when all their morals and laws no longer apply and how they cope with the massive changes. Basically, it takes more of a "Who's the real monster here?" approach.

I get that, but then again most zombie movies incorporate the "Who's the real monster" theme. Romero's projects often contain social commentary, especially regarding law enforcement and the military.

StDionysus said:
    I've only seem one episode and a few minutes of the pilot..
    But It seems like mysterious zombie apocalypse + Lost + that episode of the Twilight Zone where an alien visits this neighbor hood and everyone on the block ends up killing each other.

Sounds pretty good to me :d

• nkh said...
    • User
    • 3 Dec 2010, 14:35
    I watched the pilot of The Walking Dead last night. Hooked.

• N3croyeti said:
    andgoodbye said:
    I'm, like, rewatching The OC.

I watched Season one of this once when I was ill. It might not be the greatest show ever but it's real easy to get hooked and watch like 12 episodes in a row. That Oliver guy was a terrible cunt :@

It really is. And oh god, Oliver is just the WORST.

That was then, this is dumb.
  • I've been rewatching through Mr. Show. I know Dio likes it, any other fans?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.