Video Game Thread

• MNez said...
    • User
    • 15 Feb 2012, 22:59
    SNES Terranigma. Just started playing it but it's like the Lufia + Chrono Trigger + Secret of Mana. Anyone else play this? Worth it to keep playing?

• That fucking Underworld theme, awesome. Remember when Enix and Square both used to release awesome games? Yeah... me too.

Private Property is an idea, Vocaloid is a reality.
  • Final Fantasy VII was the last game I got seriously into. I am seriously old.

• Fallout 2 was the last PC game I got into ; Ninja Gaidan was the last console game .

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 17 Feb 2012, 14:14
    • Tilaton said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2012, 07:27
    My PC gaming these days is more about curiosity than anything else. Luckily every once in a while there is something really worth playing.

And even Dwarf Fortress got a new update, got to find time to arse around with it too.

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 17 Feb 2012, 14:14
    • Rrah said...
    • User
    • 29 Feb 2012, 15:42
    Oh yeah, no Rez in the archives.

In stead I dealt with Brink, which was awful, started on Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands, and humiliated a bunch of immigrant teenagers in FIFA 12. Woho.

I need a new game.

• hell yeah, this game is too sick

• MNez said...
    • User
    • 29 Feb 2012, 17:19
    I've been playing a lot of board games recently. Just bought Arkham Horror which is a multiplayer co-op boardgame based on HP Lovecraft mythos. It has a 24 page rulebook!

Hopefully it doesn't suck.

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2012, 15:13
    Soft spot.

• @Rrah

play Gran Turismo 5, it's boss

awois;fhISHFe
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2012, 17:33
    rm508 said:
    Soft spot.

*stands on highest mountain and screams* IT WILL BE BAAAAAAD

• Rrah said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2012, 14:49
    sharkeyanti said:
    @Rrah

play Gran Turismo 5, it's boss
    Will do, if I get the chance, but my gaming is highly limited by licenses: most importers tend to stick to their pennies, and won't allow library usage.

Driver: San Fransisco seems ok, though, or at least I enjoy winning races by shifting into the opposing lane's vehicles and demolishing the opposition. Got The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition last week as well, so that's my backup.

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2012, 15:16
    Play Monkey Island is literally the first thing I'm going to do after I finish my degree, in 13 days. Give me a wedgie.

• The special edition is extremely well done. I expected to be (old-s)c(h)ool and immediately flick to "classic view", but all the new art and voiceovers were suitably impressive.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 17 Mar 2012, 22:53
    Does anyone like the Mass Effect series? Has anyone played the third one?

• MNez said:
    I've been playing a lot of board games recently. Just bought Arkham Horror which is a multiplayer co-op boardgame based on HP Lovecraft mythos. It has a 24 page rulebook!

Hopefully it doesn't suck.
    I really like Arkham Horror.

And 24 pages? Pah! Back in my Avalon Hill days that wouldn't have got you past the introduction.

• Game of Thrones board game is pretty solid

awois;fhISHFe
    • Rrah said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 09:54
    The only interesting board game, or one I'm willing to spend an evening on, I've found is the handmade version of the Settlers of Catan.

• MNez said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 14:57
    Rrah said:
    The only interesting board game, or one I'm willing to spend an evening on, I've found is the handmade version of the Settlers of Catan.

Settlers is fun, and a great gateway game, but it relies too much on chance. The best strategy in the world doesn't matter if people keep rolling 3s and 5s.

• Rrah said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 17:20
    Have you played it with the expansion(s)? The handmade version comes with Knights of Catan, which narrows down the luck factor and brings a lot of versatility to the gameplay - except with two players, but that sucks no matter what.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 18:21
    let's all play dominion

• Cities and Knights makes Catan muccccccch better indeed. And the best skill to have in the game seems to be in memorizing which resources each person has.

awois;fhISHFe
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 22:23
    catan is for noobs

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.