What albums are you listening to this week? And like, why?

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2012, 19:35
    A little modern chamber bossanova with unobtrusive electronics. Quite good.

• RadioFloyd123 said:
    Lot's of Tim Buckley, M83 and just look at my last 7 days moron.
    Quit acting like you're special, you march yourself to the 'Discuss your weekly charts' NOW.

Buckley, been meaning to listen to him for at least 6 years.

"Reciprocity, Mr. Hudgens, is the key to every relationship."
  • rm508 said:
    A little modern chamber bossanova with unobtrusive electronics. Quite good.

This seems interesting.

Been listening to a lot of Burial's Untrue and I discovered Not Breathing the other day.

• FNU Ronnies Saddle Up!
    A favorite of 2012

Chaos Moon Origin of Apparition

Wish I could find links. Soulseek has made me lazy in this department.

• StDionysus said:

FNU Ronnies Saddle Up!
    A favorite of 2012
    Damn, not even three months in yet and already proclaiming a "favorite" for the year.

Must be at least a couple spins-worthy.

Here we go:

-My first encounter with Señor Reyes, definitely a trip worth taking into the visions of a Mexican native acknowledging his ancestors' pre-colonial heritage. Highly recommended for world music buffs.

-Three lovely ladies of the advance guard pulling no punches and yet doing it oh-so-tenderly. This is part of my newly personal quest to explore the oft-obscured world of female experimental music. Further recommendations are most welcome (I know I'll probably be hearing from Dio and the beeze on this front).

-I had heard a bit of Smog before, but it didn't really hit me then as this does now. Solid. "Faith/Void" is one of the best albums closers I've ever bent an ear to.

-Absolutely haunting debut offering from this Ethiopian-born Finlandian upstart. Not quite blues, nor folk, nor singer-songwriter. All-encompassing darkness with a hint or two of brightness shining through the velvet muck.

-Beautiful desolation in the form of mystic minimalist repetition. Introspective ritual flux.

-Quirky pop ditties and kick-backin', beach-loungey numbers from the late X-Ray Spex frontwoman. Forever shall a flame reside in my heart for her.

-Still discovering Mr. Crumer's body of work but this is absolute essential exercise in purging demons via electronic noise manipulation. If anybody gives credibility to the scene, it's this gentleman.

• Tilaton said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2012, 19:27
    Yeap, Mirel Wagner is definitely striking music.

My friend ended up spending an evening drinking with her not long time ago. Lucky bastard.

• shitscud said:

-Still discovering Mr. Crumer's body of work but this is absolute essential exercise in purging demons via electronic noise manipulation. If anybody gives credibility to the scene, it's this gentleman.

Crumer's legit. It's hard to distinguish yourself in such a saturated scene.

• Tilaton said...
    • User
    • 25 Feb 2012, 19:45
    Ok, you talked me into it. Have to give Crumer a go.

• the posthumous nujabes album is excellent , probably my favorite of his work.
    that flute sample gets me every time

• to shitscud,

definitely check out more of courvoiser, she's superb

awois;fhISHFe
  • Will do, good sir.

• Lil B, yo: Red Flame, Gold House, rare collectables. It's all about the BasedLord.

☞☺PeAcE LoVe UnItY ReSpEcT ☺ ✌
    ];kk[o'\o'[jo☆・゜・。・゜★・。・。☆・゜・。・゜。・。・゜★・。・。☆

• First 2012 album that I really dig

• Ronee Blakley

she's a cd baby artist with whom i spoke with this week.
    come to find out she is awesome.
    reminds me of patti smith.
    i'm going to soak her in on spotify while i can cause she just pulled her album from the site.

love, music, wine and revolution
    • rm508 said...
    • User
    • 4 Mar 2012, 12:01
    I am now talking about music. I like this album.

• frith and bjork? what a combo. i'm gonna have to check that out

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • for this week as well as the past 5 or so I've been obsessed with Cardiacs and their wonderful 10 album-long discography

• Cardiacs are bostin'

this shit's pretty killer too

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 11 Mar 2012, 16:50
    New, excellent. What the recent Kate Bush album should've sounded like, but didn't.

• Listening to the new mars volta album, seems to be a nice return to form so far. (ed: quality-wise; they've gone all synthy now, and it's BOSS)

pol_noir recommended this ages ago, and I feel foolish for not listening to it earlier since it's an instant favourite. sounds like the sort of music I would like to make if I had any actual musical talent.

• i'm only a few tracks in but this thing, hilarious borderline-engrish title aside, is one of the greatest things i've heard in ages. it started out with something that was almost... kraut-psych-glitch-drone and it's now exploring organic field-recording drone cello/sax/flute/clarinet chamber accompaniment. so excited to see where it goes next

edit: the instrumental credits for the third section were contrabass and 'giant underground water cistern' and if that doesn't sound like the greatest duet ever then welp

hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • rm508 said...
    • User
    • 21 Mar 2012, 18:04

Michael Brown's post-Left Banke album is amazing.

• So classy, so elegant.

Like a Boards of Canada album, only better.

Every song's a winner.

And the new Beach House.

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 25 Mar 2012, 11:33
    Thanking you good zurr. *doff*

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.