What albums are you listening to this week? And like, why?

• Come on! Only single men download flacs, apes, wavs, wmas.

• i don't care about flac really because it actually works with any of the software i use to listen to music. ape is literally flac if flac wasn't compatible with anything and could never be because of licensing restrictions. there are no significant advantages to using ape. it's really obnoxious.

• Flacs and Apes works with foobar and foobar works with me just fine. I like my classics lossless.

• zorzynek said:
    Flacs and Apes works with foobar and foobar works with me just fine. I like my classics lossless.

foobar is a great program. nothing on linux can process APE, unfortunately. i don't see any justification for two different lossless formats when one works fine is my main issue.

• Sadly, my speakers cannot do this album justice.

If the sea was beer, I would be a dolphin

Heavyish noise rumblings from ATL.

Great thread btw!

• Yes, this thread is the only reason I continue to exist.

mattimeus said:
    shitscud said:
    The only 'Cole' for bitches to fight over sings Christmas songs.

Been getting down with this man lately:

I know mattimeus is hip to the uncut shit.

hell yeah. 'stay on it' is an absolute masterpiece. the piano pieces make some tense-as-fuck study music. still though, no matter how much i listen to eastman's works i still feel like i barely have a grasp on them at all. he really was working on a wavelength of his own.
    I don't grasp this in the scholarly sense but his stuff really hits me.

It's dense yet emotionally splattering.

"Reciprocity, Mr. Hudgens, is the key to every relationship."

• Talk about getting "centered".

• Junk out and die.

NOTE: Be sure to pause the lame-ass built-in media player at the left-hand side, under the blogspot banner.

• That Creepoid album's worth a few listens.

Still sifting through the what freeleach insanity from a month ago...

Kinda obsessed with

new Tindersticks getting quite a bit of rotation as well.

• Lil B - White Flame

This is perhaps the BasedGod's greatest tape. So #rare.

Loma Prieta - I.V.

Dissonant fucking hardcore. I love rocking out to this one.

blink-182 - blink-182

If I had to pick my all-time favourite band, it'd be blink-182. This album is delightful.

☞☺PeAcE LoVe UnItY ReSpEcT ☺ ✌
    • Paw_paw said...
    • User
    • 13 Feb 2012, 21:24

Folk-like and I love their voices.

Cause I'm a good girl.

• Lou Reed's Lou Reed album. Because I've heard transformer way too much lately.
    Oh, and I'm new by the way, so hi.

• some surprisingly legit shit

+ this track from Kickboxer

• Welcome amoebaturd!

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2012, 12:00
    Hi there.

First Aid Kit looks good, going to give that a try.

Also: I've got new respect for The Ink Spots after listening to this.

This album should've been awesome but it's historically and musically all over the place.

• Paw_paw said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2012, 14:49
    amoebaturd said:
    Oh, and I'm new by the way, so hi.

Cause I'm a good girl.
    • rm508 said...
    • User
    • 14 Feb 2012, 19:36
    Alright this is the best thing I've listened to today. Maybe even this month. Amazing gospel group.

• My favorite DB release.

• Eee. Not a popular view, although I like I've Not Been to Oxford Town. If you want something avant garde and less shit, you should listen to Low.

• No fucking way. I reckon you're just trying to land the WTF Award again.

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 21 Feb 2012, 10:26
    So you're saying 1.Outside is a full one and a half stars better than any other Bowie album? An epochal leap of genius and inspiration beyond any other album? That 1.Outside is indeed the very core of Bowie's historical legacy? I chuckle.

But the fact you've listened to hours of post-1980 Bowie deserves some congratulations, I guess, on some level.

• I'm just saying 1.Outside is my personal favorite. And yes, I also believe it's best Bowie album since Berlin era.

Guys, If I was judging 1.Outside as it deserves I'd give it 3 stars. Three and a half at most. But I'm not. You ask why is that? My answer is: I just love this album. I really do. Perhaps it's the memories. Perhaps the mood this stuff evokes. I don't care. I don't even care if you think I'm crazy. So what? I am WTF all time champion. In fact you can even rename this award as FunioAward! I don't mind.

• Actually I didn't realise I'm Deranged was on there - that's one of my favourite Bowie tracks. I thought it was just on the Lost Highway soundtrack. Can't be all bad.

• Lot's of Tim Buckley, M83 and just look at my last 7 days moron.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.