• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jan 2008, 04:01
    RufflesOLeary said:
    Pillars1999 said:
    New R.E.M. album on April 1st!

I just played radio free europe on the radio. :)

Nice!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2008, 00:52
    -School was cancelled today!
    -After three days of hellish fevers, sleepless nights and unpredictable energy fluctuations, I seem to be getting over the flu!

• finsaah said...
    • User
    • 2 Feb 2008, 13:50
    Nick Cave just added a second night in London so I can now see him and Sebadoh!

Pillars1999 said:
    New R.E.M. album on April 1st!

Let's hope it's better than the last 2.

• I found an EXCELLENT out-of-print Field Mice collection called "Where'd You Learn To Kiss That Way?"

It assembles all of the key tracks they released on the legendary Sarah label between 1988 and 1991. I thought I'd share, see here: Field Mice Collection

• OMG, I have tried to d/l that at least 3 times and it never works. I wish I had a fucking computer right now.

love, music, wine and revolution
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Feb 2008, 17:14
    I'm going to Japan in the summer! Wooo!

• It appears that my mom is going to play bank for me and just loan me a grand instead of having to get another credit card with an apr of 23. Macbook coming soon yaaaay.

• I got a new acoustic guitar a while ago, im pretty happy about that.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 00:53
    I GOT IN SOMEWHERE!!!!

As in, colleges. Granted, it's the University of Illinois (my safety school) but now I no longer have to worry about going to community college or being a hobo this fall!!!

• good job. that's not a easy school to get into. i knew i wouldn't get in and it is the only public school worth a damn in illinois, so i was "forced" to apply haphazardly around the country.

• I hope I can get into a good college. My SAT scores will probably be off the charts but my GPA this year's suffered from the time I spent in the hospital.

• In CA they have this thing for public school students where the top 4% of the class is guaranteed admission to a (random) UC school that was not UCLA or Berkeley. My random acceptance was to UC Santa Barbara, the most prestigious party school in the nation. My point being, at least I knew I could always fall back on my "safety school," and that was awesome.

• CarsCat said:
    I GOT IN SOMEWHERE!!!!

As in, colleges. Granted, it's the University of Illinois (my safety school) but now I no longer have to worry about going to community college or being a hobo this fall!!!

u of i is certainly better than asu. colder too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 20:33
    My roommate's exgirlfriend's band got a 7.8 from Pitchfork.

Check it out. She's "violinist Aisha Burns".

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 22:49
    Continuing my high of happiness—our Scholastic Bowl team just won Masonic Bowl Regionals with only half the team!! (the others were off on a band trip to Disney World. Bah. But I did notify them via cell phone afterward.) It means we won $500 from the Masons, and two weeks from now we have a shot at thousands!!

The best part was that in the first match we avenged a loss we'd had earlier in the season, and in the next two we beat two teams that had been beating some of our biggest rivals. =D

Yes, I recognize that this makes me an übergeek. But Scholastic Bowl is practically my life from November to March.

(By the way, when I first clicked on this post I got directed to the artist page of a band called "The Errorplains," even though the URL was clearly of this page. What the hell?!?)

• CarsCat said:
    Continuing my high of happiness—our Scholastic Bowl team just won Masonic Bowl Regionals with only half the team!! (the others were off on a band trip to Disney World. Bah. But I did notify them via cell phone afterward.)

that was the nerdiest thing I heard all day, but that's OK, I am a huge fan of most things nerdy

• knkwzrd said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2008, 04:56
    I have front row seats to see Rush in May. I know you're all jealous.

• knkwzrd said:

this made me laugh. =)

• knkwzrd said:

I am tempted to kick you out of this group, not out of jealousy, but out of pure hate for Geddy Lee

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2008, 16:46
    frequency71988 said:
    knkwzrd said:

I am tempted to kick you out of this group, not out of jealousy, but out of pure hate for Geddy Lee

Geddy Lee's voice is a weapon of mass destruction.

• knkwzrd said:

My old roommate loves Rush so much, people just started calling him Rush instead of Adam. He would probably give everything he has to be in your situation.

• CarsCat said:
    frequency71988 said:
    knkwzrd said:

Geddy Lee's voice is a weapon of mass destruction.

QFT

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2008, 23:48
    I actually had a horrible nightmare a few days ago that I was trapped in a room with a TV that was blaring the music video to some Rush song and the remote had no mute button, so I was running around the room screaming with my hands over my ears. I think the song was called "Unsung Hero," but I think that's not an actual Rush song.

• Political science is resulting in the best grades I've gotten in a while, and most of the class is whining about how they're barely passing, so I get to gloat privately, which makes doing well that much better.

That was then, this is dumb.
  • i was sort of a wreck at the station today. some dude got me on the phone being a weirdo for 10 mins, 40 mins of my stuff didnt log, and a cd player went out in the last 15 mins. but when i showed up at the end of the all-staff meeting, the general manager said that the station manager had acknowledged me for being a good dj at the beginning.

it was nice to hear.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.