drunken elitism

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 16 Jul 2011, 12:04
  • I'm drinking a second cruiser, but remembered I have a bottle of JD here... I'll finish the cruiser first though. Need the sugar kick.

AND BECAUSE I LOVE MEN

I forgot my physics book.
  • I didn't make it through the party I went to last night without getting sick, which was the goal, but at least I'm not hungover. Fanta, vodka, and a bit of blue sours mix isn't really the best combination.

That was then, this is dumb.
  • I left a jug of White Label at my friends' house, 50 minutes away. FAILURE

• andgoodbye said:
    I didn't make it through the party I went to last night without getting sick, which was the goal, but at least I'm not hungover. Fanta, vodka, and a bit of blue sours mix isn't really the best combination.

I have the same problem getting sick from vodka too. Probably 80% of the nights I had vodka I've gotten sick, so I generally stay away from that stuff now.

Give me whiskey or rum anyday though and I'm fine.

Someday the dream will end
    • knkwzrd said...
    • User
    • 27 May 2009, 20:54
    The only time I've been seriously sick from drinking was on New Year's Eve last year. I'd had about eight or nine beers and then we pulled out some pretty nice scotch and I drank far too much of it far too quickly. I was sick until the next afternoon.

• pavskies said:
    I have the same problem getting sick from vodka too. Probably 80% of the nights I had vodka I've gotten sick, so I generally stay away from that stuff now.

Give me whiskey or rum anyday though and I'm fine.

Word.
    I really only ever drink too much when I get excited for some reason (being in France, friends back in town, St Patty's). I also always seem to have a terrible headache even when I was nowhere close to being sick. Thinking it might have something to do with the generally terrible quality of liquor my friends buy.

• [spam]

[spam]

• You don't know what a hangover is until your throat is sore from throwing up all day, while your head feels like there's a hatchet ingrained in your skull.

• I've only ever had one real hangover, but I've been getting sick too often lately. I don't really understand what's changed to make this happen (well...I might have forgotten to eat yesterday, but that doesn't account for any other night), and I don't like it.

That was then, this is dumb.
  • DRUNK AGAIN. This time at the bar. Then all my friends were going to North Sydney, but I need to get up at 6:30 tomorrow and that's tooooo far away from where I live.

• Man, the pilsner beer they make at the place I work is awwwwesome.

Private Property is an idea, Vocaloid is a reality.
  • Prima Pils . . . I hate you.

Diabeetus
  • hangovers get so much worse as you get older.

love, music, wine and revolution
  • I've been eating a meal after a heavy night of drinking, instead of directly passing out, and I've noticed sometimes that negates the possible hangover the next day. Also, lots of water after drinking heavily seems to help.

• I always found plenty of sleep and water to be the most effective hangover remedy.

• pavskies said:
    I've been eating a meal after a heavy night of drinking, instead of directly passing out, and I've noticed sometimes that negates the possible hangover the next day. Also, lots of water after drinking heavily seems to help.

when i eat my hangover is more likely to include nausea.

love, music, wine and revolution
    • tmills said...
    • User
    • 29 May 2009, 03:49
    The earlier in the day you get drunk, the less likely you are to have a hangover the next day. I found this out on Sunday. I was ridiculously drunk by noon, sober by midnight when I ended up going to bed, and the next day I felt just fine.

• Managed to not get really drunk tonight, thoguh it was really tempting. Everybody wanted me to do a shot with them. Then they made a second beer run and brough back Yuengling.

Though I am a little tipsy. Took me a while to write this post because I kept fucking up on the keyboard.

• I have to be really, really drunk before it takes a toll on my ability to type.

• [spam]

[spam]

• Did my first karaoke at a bar last night. I was probably just well buzzed, not drunk. The song was Eddie Money - Take Me Home Tonight, and I had a friend of mine do the Ronnie Spector backing vocals. Me and her did pretty good I'd say.

• tmills said:
    The earlier in the day you get drunk, the less likely you are to have a hangover the next day. I found this out on Sunday. I was ridiculously drunk by noon, sober by midnight when I ended up going to bed, and the next day I felt just fine.

This is true, but I'm pretty certain the reason for it is merely that you end up sleeping through your hangover.

Also, I've experienced the thing with more/stronger hangover's as I've gotten older as well, but I imagine at least part of the reason for that is an increased tolerance to alcohol, resulting in drinking more to get drunk. Drinking more overall = stronger hangover. Also, I suppose some of it is just the body taking longer to recover from things with age.

And as was mentioned, drinking a lot of water helps. Hangovers are caused by dehydration from the ethanol, so obviously the more water intake, the more that is prevented. Also, if you end up vomiting during the night of drinking, this will also generally result in a much milder hangover or none at all, because your body expelled a lot of the ethanol before the dehydration.

• Apparently dehydration isn't the only cause. Your liver processes alcohol into a couple chemicals that aren't exactly a picnic for your body. Acetaldehyde is way more toxic to your body than alcohol, but that's one of the byproducts . . . good job liver, ass.

I've found that water, B vitamins, forcing myself to eat breakfast, and forcing myself to do some sort of physical exercise burns off a hangover the fastest. The first three of those four aren't too hard to pull off, the fourth is virtually impossible some days.

Diabeetus
  • [spam]

[spam]

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.