Concert Catalogue!!!

• use a frisbee

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2007, 04:06
    RufflesOLeary said:
    Pillars1999 said:
    "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want")

Wow. Your life really is complete

I really did get what I wanted!

• So I'm seeing Daniel Johnston tonight. That'l be something else.

"I don't believe you go to heaven when you're good
    Everything goes to hell anyway..."
  • isis
    silversun pickups
    deerhoof

all coming up over the next couple of months.

• Mono (the Japanese one) tonight. Holler.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2007, 01:06
    Congrats Kevin, that's gonna be rocking. I imagine you won't be able to hear after the show is over.

I saw the Stooges last weekend. The Stooges, as in Iggy & the Stooges. Iggy might be pushing 60, or maybe he is, I don't know, but I swear to God without any exaggeration, he still rocks it. Best show I have ever been to.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2007, 01:23
    He actually just celebrated his 60th birthday with a crazy stage dive a couple weeks ago. He was on the Jimmy Kimmel show talking about it but eventually ended up talking about Nirvana's discography.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 May 2007, 01:56
    Haha.. I saw that interview.

• ShatnersBassoon said:
    isis
    silversun pickups
    deerhoof

all coming up over the next couple of months.

Where the hell are you going to Deerhoof!?!?!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2007, 17:38
    Saw BRMC last night.. they played for almost two hours! It was a rockin' show!

• I just saw Dick Dale! Jesus christ, it was one of the few best shows I've ever been to. It was intimate and personal and Dick still has it. His bass player and drummer are great too, and he doesn't attempt to outshine them, he's very gracious and humble. Catch him if you can.

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 13:00
    I wish he was coming even remotely close to me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 14:52
    I'm hopefully seeing The Hold Steady next week, which should be awesome.

• Man, I don't mean to sound demeaning but can somebody explain the appeal of The Hold Steady to me? I am completely baffled by their critical and popular acclaim as of late, I really think they are entirely unremarkable.

• I don't understand it either, Seperation Sunday was a decent album. Boys and Girls isn't very good and overly ironic.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 01:28
    I personally love Boys & Girls in America. I'm a huge Kerouac fan, and the references to his work is what initially drew me to the album. The music is definitely influenced by Springsteen and the like, and the lyrics are twisted tales of disillusioned American youth with shattered hopes and dreams are definitely relatable in my life. Plus, every once in a while I just like a good rock song. You can't go wrong with songs like "First Night" and "Stuck Between Stalions".

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 02:02
    Saw 'em live here in Memphis. I agree with Lucas that a lot of what makes Boys & Girls in America great is the tales of disillusioned youth and the easily relatable subject material, but another part that makes them great is the live show. It's just a really good, beer drinking time. Like Lucas said, just good rock songs.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 02:05
    ComeNowMyDroogs said:
    Man, I don't mean to sound demeaning but can somebody explain the appeal of The Hold Steady to me? I am completely baffled by their critical and popular acclaim as of late, I really think they are entirely unremarkable.

Werd.

I think they're totally unlistenable. Every time I listen to KEXP and they come on I turn it off. Ick.

Not as bad as something like Art Brut of course.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 02:16
    tmills said:
    Saw 'em live here in Memphis. I agree with Lucas that a lot of what makes Boys & Girls in America great is the tales of disillusioned youth and the easily relatable subject material, but another part that makes them great is the live show. It's just a really good, beer drinking time. Like Lucas said, just good rock songs.

How were they in concert?

• tmills said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 02:21
    Very fun. They played for a pretty long time but it didn't seem long.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 02:24
    Awesome.. can't wait to see them.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 20:47
    What makes The Hold Steady appeal to me is their lyrics, how they just keep coming at you and they're so intricate that they take several listens to dissect. I love all sorts of lyrical styles, but lately I've had a big weakness for that big-involved-narrative thing. (see also: Destroyer, Bob Dylan)

And they're music's great too, very solid. I especially love their use of organs on their latest album.

I understand how Craig Finn's voice could be off-putting, but frankly I'm not very picky about voices unless it's someone like Geddy Lee. *shudder*

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2007, 16:52
    The Hold Steady almost killed me last night!

• Pillars1999 said:
    The Hold Steady almost killed me last night!

I wish they had.

HAH!

Also accepted:
    Too bad it wasn't the other way around!

HAH!

Yep. I'm just chalk full of em. I'm seeing Wilco in a few weeks. I haven't really been into them much for a year or so, but once upon a time I was a huge fan, and wont' miss the opportunity since they are coming to my town. I always have faith that SKy Blue Sky tracks will vastly improve upon being performed live.

• andrew jackson jihad on june fifth.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.