The Chopping Block

• The Chopping Block

Since I often get scolded for rejecting typical indie kids. This post will determine the fate of the borderliners. You must explain your vote

First up: perpetualeyerol

1. Everything good is countered by something bad (i.e. the velvet underground to the grateful dead, miles davis to journey) and everything else is mediocre
    2. She's a member of seven groups and has only made one post
    3. Not eclectic
    4. Won't bring any new knowledge to the group

Edited by frequency71988 on 27 Mar 2007, 03:58
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2007, 03:55
    I'd so no based on the fact that she's in seven groups and doesn't post in any of them.

• I don't post in any other groups just because they either don't seem to have a community of posting, or because theres just a lot of people. I guess I just joined groups dedicated to a couple of artists I liked, but never really posted there. This group is completely different, its pretty much only to post. I love the forums here, they are the only ones I am active in on the internets.

As far as music goes, has she listened to the required number of tracks? What number is that at anyway? When your top 50 ends with na artist with 23 plays thats not a while lot of listening.

• knkwzrd said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2007, 04:10
    I like Journey and the Grateful Dead, but I'm still a no. I can't stand groups like "People with no social lives that listen to more music than is healthy who are slightly scared of spider ETC ETC FUCK JUST STOP" or "Extensive Musical Taste". There is no point of having a group with EVERY SINGLE GODDAM PERSON ON LAST.FM in it because every week the charts are Radiohead, Beatles, RHCP lolz i liek muisc lol. Therefore, the people who join said groups are also subject to my derision.

• GBurge187 said:

As far as music goes, has she listened to the required number of tracks? What number is that at anyway? When your top 50 ends with na artist with 23 plays thats not a while lot of listening.

Good point I thought it was 5,000 with my new powers I will make it that. She would have gotten rejected anyway with three no's as it is out of five votes.

• zfarrow said...
    • User
    • 27 Mar 2007, 05:10
    i agree - unimpressive..

-zach
  • How did no one mention the fact that this "girl" very well might be a monster?

I don't want no boogie men in hurr.

• ...what about Haarry?

• haha, the sad thing is that was actually her (well it probably was). jeez, have some fun with your picture, don't make me sad. all i ask.

• smezzer said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2007, 11:13
    fuck you for dissing the Grateful Dead

every other point is fairly right though. particularly the lack of posting matter

• He's 15 and he has already discovered the wonders of John Hurt and Neutral Milk Hotel. Let him in.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Mar 2007, 06:53
    What's the big deal with Neutral Milk Hotel? I've had In the Aeroplane Over the Sea since like 1999, and it's a decent record. Now all of the sudden every 14-year-old "indie kid" is ejaculating over them. Are they really that good?

• Well, I'm sorry. But I only discovered them at 15. Perhaps they are more popular now but I would still give the poor kid the benefit of the doubt. Neutral Milk in conjunction with the rest of his charts...it's a good grade above the generic indie kid. He deserves it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Mar 2007, 07:28
    By the way, were you giving advice on Haarry? He's been a member for a long time. Thanks for the input, though.

• Oh Dear.

• on haarry

keep him. when i was 15, i think i was listening mostly to pearl jam, and just discovered the pixies.

• Mod6 said...
    • User
    • 30 Mar 2007, 22:02
    ON HAARRY

He's such a tupid loozer, and he listens to way to much weird dreamy stuff. lyke spacemen 3, what a weiird name.

• he should brush more and probably use crest whitening strips

• Haarry said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2007, 04:05
    I used hax to get in already chums.
    I think this started on an accusation that I was the boogie monster.

I'm caught!

Nice to know i'd get back in if I left and re-applied.

• haha

• Up next on the block

dopedealer

His rock taste isn't very good, but I'd be willing to forgive that if his hip-hop taste was superb (which I would not be a good judge of).

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2007, 05:43
    Haarry said:
    I used hax to get in already chums.
    I think this started on an accusation that I was the boogie monster.

I'm caught!

Nice to know i'd get back in if I left and re-applied.

Don't worry... whateverfloats approves. I know you were losing sleep wondering whether you had her approval or not.

• Haarry said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2007, 05:55
    I'd say his taste in hip-hop is acceptable at most points and good in others. He gets points from me for Murs, Herbaliser and Jedi Mind Tricks placement in his charts.

He doesn's seem to listen to any really bad rap.

not that i'm an expert on the genre.. or even know jack-shit about it. in fact, i'll shaddup and wait for wreckedangle's opinion on this.

I can only spot one rock band (and a Stevie Wonder), maybe i'm not looking hard enough.. and New Order are awesome *shakes fist*.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2007, 06:22
    New Order suck and Peter Hook is a faggot!

• i say yes
    ps. hoorau for drunk last.fm'ing
    at least i'm listening to the stooges when i do it so i'm CREDIBLE!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.