Summer of Sam(pling): 2012 Mixtape Competition Discussion Thread

• rapidshare .com/files/3015312688/YouyesyesyesMixtape.rar

Try that one

Private Property is an idea, Vocaloid is a reality.
    • ut0 said...
    • User
    • 10 Jun 2012, 04:45
    What's the first song with vocals on that?

• I assume you mean either of these:

• Just gave it a listen. Might have given it a good review if the final 15 minutes wasn't there. As it is, I'll take a pass on scoring this one, unless you really need more reviews.

I forgot my physics book.
  • Sorry, I'll do a better job next time.

• Update

So, halfway through Cameron's week, I have 6 votes, which is good, but I received none in the past two days, which makes it look not so good. With twelve people signed up to submit, and there being 48 members here, I think ten should be quite feasible. Thanks for voting if you already did, but if you didn't, why not?

Ziggy, and everyone else, if you listen to a mix, rate it. If only the people who like a mix vote, then every mix will end up with a high rating, and that defeats the purpose of a "competition," not that we here are being all that competitive.

We do need to create some kind of prize. I was thinking some emblem the winner can put in his/her forum signature. Anyone willing to make such a thing? I haven't the abilities.

Here's the link to Cameron's mix.

Thanks, everybody.

• trombipulation said:
    We do need to create some kind of prize. I was thinking some emblem the winner can put in his/her forum signature. Anyone willing to make such a thing? I haven't the abilities.
    Perhaps I can contribute to this aspect since I have lost a chance to participate.

"Reciprocity, Mr. Hudgens, is the key to every relationship."
  • Re: Update

trombipulation said:
    Ziggy, and everyone else, if you listen to a mix, rate it. If only the people who like a mix vote, then every mix will end up with a high rating, and that defeats the purpose of a "competition," not that we here are being all that competitive.

Well yeah, but in the other thread it said this:
    "Judges can choose whether or not they want to judge a particular mix based on their own feelings. If hip hop is not their thing, then they may want to not judge a hip hop mix."

Shit music isn't really my thing. So I didn't think it was fair for me to judge this mix.

• Ziggy says the darndest things!

• Re: Re: Update

ZiggyFromMars said:
    Shit music isn't really my thing.

Now, that's a front page quote.

• Sorry, I should of went a different direction with the mixtape. The whole thing consists of either nostalgic soundtrack songs that very few people would ever recognize or crappy vocaloid music that no one else in the group likes. Oh well.

(Shoulda done that 45 min montage of 90's sitcom theme songs!)

• Consider the source--Ziggy.

• Re: Re: Update

ZiggyFromMars said:
    Shit music isn't really my thing.

Damn. I guess I'd better think up another theme now.

• shitscud said:
    trombipulation said:
    Perhaps I can contribute to this aspect since I have lost a chance to participate.

Awesome, thanks. But you can still contribute! First, you can vote, and please do so. Second, if you want to make a mixtape, lemme know and I'll fit you in somehow.

And the above applies to everyone not yet registered, not just Shitscud.

• Here's a sample of my mix for you enjoy while you wait for the finish product to be posted

http://db.tt/psrwwn24

That was then, this is dumb.
  • Now that you all have been put into a trance by her above post, Andgoodbye's mixtape is up and can be found in the official thread.

Also, the results are in for Youyesyesyes's mixtape. Thanks to all 12 voters, great turnout for the first week.

Edit: I should also mention that for future voting, awarding fractions of points (3.7 out of 5, etc.) is perfectly fine. Some people did this, some didn't. I'm just letting everyone know it's an option.

• anybody that rates things with fractions is a monstrous cunt

• I'LL BE HONEST IM PRETTY FUCKEN KEEN FOR THIS SECRET BONUS TRACK

• ZiggyFromMars said:
    anybody that rates things with fractions is a monstrous cunt

shut UP

• 2.34 star post

• would've increased it to 2.35 with an exclamation mark or 2

• see?
    This way the finer nuances don't go unrewarded

• rm508 said...
    • User
    • 18 Jun 2012, 14:58
    I predict big things for this "BONUS TRACK".

• I wonder if anyone else here was contemplating using **SPOILER ALERT** Call Me, Maybe on their mixtape, but now feel like they can't as that would just be copying off Andgoodbye.

• ut0 said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2012, 18:00
    trombipulation said:
    Second, if you want to make a mixtape, lemme know and I'll fit you in somehow.

Ok, I want to be in this.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.