the pending list

• idkmon said...
    • Subscriber
    • 12 Nov 2005, 06:37

the pending list

Isn't it funny that the list of people who wish to apply to this group is longer than the actual members list? I'm literally in stiches over here.

Join Cheryl Cole if you're a fan of Cheryl's, or Girls Aloud in general.
    Edited by idkmon on 23 Sep 2006, 08:23
    • mat35 said...
    • User
    • 12 Nov 2005, 12:11
    lol.

I was choking on a cornflake.
    You said have some toast instead.
    • MJascow said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2005, 23:25
    Aye, apparantly Haley isn't interested in doing the updating stuff anymore. Guess we could revolt or something, but then again, don't think there's anyone who would want to do the job Haley did...

/shrug

• Haley said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2005, 23:34
    haha yeah it got to be too much. so now whenever I'm procrastinating college app essays, I will accept 20 or so people. There needs to be a "check all" option. But I have to go one at a time. And I'm just accepting everyone now... kind of boring though. The whole point was the list.

Any ideas other than accepting everyone though? I guess this just caught on more than I thought it would.

• Someone (me?) could write an app to do all the boring work...

• lets get this started

i can help. im just bumming putting off grad school;-)

let me tell you why i hate your favorite rapper.
    • dan000 said...
    • User
    • 26 Feb 2006, 21:04

Program

It should be possible to write a program into which you could put the name of the person applying, or a list of names, and then it would check to see if that person (or those people) can join the group, based on AudioScrobbler's webservices, for example, by checking http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/1.0/user/dan000/topartists.xml (using myself as an example). The program would have to hold the list of current artists connected to the group, and could, update that list if the person applying was approved to join. It would then print out the list of people approved to join the group, and people denied admittance, and you could simply check read the list. I could work something up, once I have a little more time, if you'd like. It might have to wait until Spring Break in a few weeks.

• is anyone going to do this???

To find someplace so dark come in and take a look at my heart.
    --"you put your life on display for the world to see"

AND ALL THAT COULD HAVE BEEN
  • The Music Chain III is active. You can join there (exactly the same idea as this group).

I am leader of: the Ethereal music group; the Darkwave Music group and the Faith And the Muse group.
    Suspicious food taster at:
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.