Movies that make you CRY.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Aug 2008, 15:11

Movies that make you CRY.

Here's my typical list, and I am hoping to add more soon!

Schindler's List: lots of scenes but especially the one with the children being taken away. also think this movie has one of the saddest film scores ever.
    Lion King: i cried when mufasa died, i know i'm not the only one. lol.
    I Am Sam: the court scene. if you've seen this, you'll know which bit i'm talking about.
    The Green Mile: the innocent 'black' guy gets executed.
    Artificial Intelligence: as the mother abandons haley joel osment he runs after her and begs her not to leave him, but she takes off anyway. sooo mean of her!
    Gladiator: the ending scene when maximus dies; i think it's the music in this scene for the most part that really made me cry.

• Pay it Forward

If you're human, you'll cry.

BluesRok / Jay
  • Gladiatior, is a movie that makes me cry too, even though it is one of my favorite movies of all time. I cried at The Lion King too, as well as nearly every other Disney animated classic. I just cried when I watched Cars the other day, lol.

Everytime I watch E.T., I cry from the time that they find him in the river to the time he leaves for home. It was the first movie I saw in a theater, I was about 4, and when they showed him laying in the river all white and sickly, I just lost it.

Other cry movies are: Steel Magnolias, Brokeback Mountain, My Girl, and Pay It Forward(horrible!). The movies Heidi and The Little Princess with Shirley Temple are good tearjerkers too.

But the top movie to make me cry and I hate it because it does, is Old Yeller, damn Disney.

Edited by SweetMelissa12 on 27 Jun 2009, 03:11
  • ahh yes. I am Sam is the movie that made me cry the most (so far).
    Other movie that also made me cry : Napola (when the boy kills himself ), Klass (beach scene), La Vita e Bella, Green Mile,Bejond Borders ( when she sacrifices herself to save his life), Jeux d'enfants ( at the end where they finally say " i love you") and the air i breathe ( when they shoot "happiness" )

thats all i can think of right now .

• The 25th Hour – The intro...

...and also the ending. This movie is a must-see!

The Village – The Porch Scene...

Charming and gorgeous Bryce Dallas Howard and a shy Joaquin Phoenix in a heart-warming 'magic moment' in one of my favorite movies.

The Thin Red Line – When the US-Soldiers attacking the japanese outpost.

(Not the actual scene from the film – but a taste how sad this movie is)
    The music ("Journey To The Line" by Hans Zimmer) in particular makes me cry...

And several moments in the mini-series Band of Brothers...

• brian's song.

love is all you need! is there anybody alive out there?
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2008, 06:51
    i want to see a guy cry watching a movie but i've never witnessed it!

• Jogormi said...
    • User
    • 2 Sep 2008, 07:05
    Into the wild!

When they showed the picture of the real guy at the end, I almost started crying.

• oldschool-music said:

I have seen boy cry at a movie. "They made us watch "Where the Red Fern Grows" in 5th grade after we read the book. I vividly remember a boy named Joel just sob and sob at the end.

I know that's not like a man crying, but I'm sure that Joel cries every time he watches a sad movie 'til this day, bless his little heart. I'm not sure if it counts when you're 11 years old though.

• actually there is one scene guaranteed to make me cry everytime.in the documentary film lennon there is a scene where john and yoko find a young male hippie in their yard. they bring him inside and feed him as well as talk to him.the reason it breaks my heart is because of the way john lennon died.he was a very open person and clearly loved all people even if not all people loved him.it tears me up all the time.

love is all you need! is there anybody alive out there?
  • "Into the wild" did it for me. Only movie I ever cried at. It's so sad at the end. He was in such a bad state that even the bear didn't want to eat him.

• the movie that makes me cry the most is "Grave of the Fireflies"

• [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 16 Dec 2010, 14:35
    • E55eT said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2008, 20:29

Armageddon, Shindlers List, etc, etc

Hell, I even cry watching TY on Extrem Home Makeover... Damn, I'm a weakling.;)

You see a man jog, I see a man in pain.
    • MayJud said...
    • User
    • 5 Sep 2008, 21:08
    Not that i cried but there are some movies that really touched me, made me sad, broke my heart:

Finding Neverland for example.

Artificial Intelligence – specially that scene in the water with David (H. J. Osment) and Blue Fairy.

A Perfect World, the scene in the end where Butch (Costner) and Buzz (TJ Lowther) have to say goodbye – ok, i admit, i don’t know what it but this is the movie that made my eyes wet, lol. After the first time i thought it had to be a mistake but then i saw the movie again and ... i have no idea what’s this all about.

And then what’s the most pathetic – Star Wars: Episode III – when Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

... if i name some i can think of at the moment.

Go west, young man, and grow up with the country. - John L. Soule
  • My Dog Skip
    Yeah, it's that sad.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 6 Sep 2008, 23:30
    cool forum signature, silhouette. and i agree with mayjud. artificial intelligience, yes even star wars had some heartbreaking scenes. i didn't cry in that one though.

• the one and only movie which made me cry was Edward Scissorhands! i love it when Elfman, Depp and Burton are working togehter, aöways a great atmosphere!!

"Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church."
  • The last I remember was John Q. That movie was very emotional and I watched that with my uncle at the age of eight-nine-ten-eleven-ish!
    And I recommended John Q to my cousin and she ended up weeping and pouring throughout the film; John Q is a really good, powerful film, but only watch once though.

• oldschool-music sagte:

They only cry alone :D.

If I try to remember a movie that made me cry, I come to think about "Magnolia" first. There are a lot more, but I think this is the most intensive movie I've seen. Beatiful soundtrack!

• oldschool-music said:

That got me thinking of Sleepless in Seattle where Tom Hanks and another man cry over The Dirty Dozen :D

• Titanic, Armageddon, The Patriot, Schindler's List, The Pianist, The Green Mile, The Notebook...

czemu bracie robisz kurwę z muzyki
    • x_mandy said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2008, 18:05
    Don't get me started on this topic. I just cry when somebody else is crying, when it's just a bit sad, so, pretty quick...
    But of course the classics as Titanic, The Notebook, Bambi (and every other Disny Classic), I could go on forever.
    There is one Dutch movie, that makes everbody cry, guaranteed! "Simon" by Eddy Terstall, a really good movie, heavy and I'm not sure if sad is the right word, but trust me, you need your Kleenex!

P.S. I couldn't find that fast a better link than Wikipedia, for a short synopis.

• Tannyz said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2008, 11:45
    Ghost does me everytime!

If tomorrow is judgement day
    And I’m standing on the front line
    And the Lord asks me what I did with my life
    I will say I spent it with you...
    • Tannyz said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2008, 11:53

If tomorrow is judgement day
    And I’m standing on the front line
    And the Lord asks me what I did with my life
    I will say I spent it with you...
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.