Your favorite movie dance scenes?

• locoava said...
    • User
    • 17 Feb 2009, 17:05

Hi Musica are we the only 2 that like dance? Hope u enjoy this it's old but sexy

LOCO AVA I WISH U LOVE & MUSIC SIEMPRE
  • (Above post: Ann Margaret....wow!)

We watched "Clerks II" last night. What a funny, filthy, movie! The dance scene was pretty cute:

BluesRok / Jay
  • Mad Hot Ballroom

Wanna see a great dance movie? What if it was a documentary?
    We watched this a few years ago. It's a documentary about several New York City schools that teach ballroom dancing to 11 year olds. Watching these kids learn to dance - and learn about life - is really heartwarming. It made me wish that we had a dance program at my school!

BluesRok / Jay
  • John Travolta and Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction of course! Also Romola Garai and Diego Luna in Dirty Dancing 2. And recently...Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder :)

• The Producers

I've probably posted something about this movie in almost every thread in this group. Several mentions of Uma Thurman's dance scene in Pulp Fiction prompt me to post her "If You Got It, Flaunt It" dance scene here:

This movie is a hoot. Here's the trailer:

BluesRok / Jay
  • The Producers

(post deleted...I accidentally posted same comment twice)

BluesRok / Jay
    • locoava said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2009, 00:11

Rita Hayworth in the classic ""GILDA""

• locoava said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2009, 00:19

it is a different kind of dance scene, strange and fun....Bette Davis from Whatever happened to baby Jane

• I actually saw this movie in a theater when it came out and cracked up at this part. Times were so much lighter then...
    Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)

CC
    Love and Peace or Else

• locoava said...
    • User
    • 19 Feb 2009, 19:36
    Thanks I was feeling kinda of blue...and that made me laugh

• The juke box in CC's Pee-Wee post reminded me of this "dance" scene. Well, it's not exactly dancing, but it is choreographed. It's from Shaun of the Dead, so it's a bit gruesome. Funny movie though!

BluesRok / Jay
    • fmera said...
    • User
    • 22 Mar 2009, 07:04
    i just happened to be circulating this video to several of my friends and groups, and hope you'll love it too. it's a video-music mashup of sorts:

Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face (1957), dancing to Ricki-Lee's Can't Touch It (2007).

(the original music she was dancing to in the movie was gershwin's "basal metabolism")

U.G.L.Y. - changing the face of music, one artist at a time.
    there are some things pngs can't fix. for everything else, there's pngoptimizer.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 May 2009, 07:49
    oh my god audrey hepburn is sooooo beautiful!!

anyway, I was watching charlie's angels the other week, and the dance scenes in the first and second movie always kick ass!! first time I saw this movie a while back, I had a crush on the bad guy... how he starts off looking all dumb and goofy... then transforms into some sleek, black-suit...

and of course, cameron diaz... you just HAVE to watch this one. she is HOT.

• This was the first film I saw Sam Rockwell in, thought he was great and loved the dance moves. Wanted the song to be on the soundtrack so I could do the bad guy shuffle. Loved the thin man too, though he didn't dance...

• Well I'm not original because for me best movie dance was in 'Pulp Fiction' It was so crazy and brilliant at the same time. Oh! and that sexual tension between John Travolta and Uma Thurman - great, great!

• I like so much the Gómez and Morticia Adams tango scene,really great!!!!!

NEW ROMANTIC GIRL
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Jun 2009, 19:16
    a night at the roxbury... best dance movie ever!

• Wedding Dance (scene?)

Okay, so it's not from a movie. Over 14 million people have watched this Youtube, so why not post it here...

What happened six months later?

BluesRok / Jay
  • Here's one of my favorites that I don't think has been mentioned. Its from the movie Band of Outsiders. This scene is beyond cool.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2009, 03:37
    easily Pulp Fiction !

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Oct 2009, 19:44
    My favorite dance scene from my favorite movie:

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2010, 15:36
    basically the Pulp Fiction dancing scene!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2010, 00:15
    This one is taken from Buffalo '66, which has a mesmerizing performance by Christina Ricci.

• BluesRok / Jay
  • the dance from the torture scene in Reservoir Dogs.

Growing up in Ohio.
    Was just planning to get out
    -Jim Jarmusch
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.