Last movie you saw?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 13 Apr 2008, 10:01

U2 3D

I'm not sure if this counts as a movie it was more like a concert, but I saw it at the IMAX movies it was a fullhouse, the atmosphere was great, loads of people with U2 shirts, plus one bono impersonator, he had the shades thing goin on lolol. yeah overall it was great (if you love U2) there were a few people reaching out to the screen tryin to touch bono but it really did seem like he was standing right there in front of you.

I just hope there will be more of these Imax concerts for great artists that will get fans jammin in their seats.

• I saw 187 it was pretty good 3/5

• I saw 'Delicatessen' in TV.

A rare, rare film but I like it.
    I have to be rare too, 4/5

"You could follow two paths in your life:
    One is ride a agreable carpet, It could let you to Hell;
    the Other is plagged of pain: It could be the 'Stairway to Heaven'"

Andres789
  • 3:10 to Yuma

Watched it again yesterday. Good movie!

BluesRok / Jay
  • Saw 'There Will Be Blood' yesterday on DVD. Thought it was really good, Daniel Day-Lewis is awesome. Thought he was going to kill more people though....I was just basing that on the fact that on the DVD cover he looked really crazy...which he was.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2008, 04:37

The Eleventh Hour

The Eleventh Hour, it was good it is a documentary about global warimg.

since I'm only 14 I'll Give it 4/5.

• Bad Santa

It's not exactly the Christmas season, but I was inspired to watch this for about the millionth time. Funniest movie ever, IMO. 5/5

• The last movie I saw in the theatre was 10,000 BC. It was fairly decent, but on the whole, I thought the experience was seriously diminished by the lack of subtitles and a realistic-sounding language for the tribesmen depicted in the movie. Obviously, these guys wouldn't have been speaking pretty-sounding English. My companions and I found suspension of disbelief utterly impossible, which was a shame given the quality of acting and filming.

~Angela

Angela
  • Re:Re: Shine a Light

jbtrulock escribió:
    jlacciari15 said:
    I know this is a movies debate... but the last film I saw was 'Shine a Light'. Martin Scorsese + Rolling Stones = Perfect movie.
    Last week I also watched 'The Changeling', a very good scary movie.

I want to see Shine a Light. Is it like The Last Waltz where there is interview footage mixed in between concert footage?

Yes, it's exactly like you explain. I haven't seen The Last Waltz, but Shine a Light may be like it.

Johnny Walker
  • jbtrulock escribió:
    Saw 'There Will Be Blood' yesterday on DVD. Thought it was really good, Daniel Day-Lewis is awesome. Thought he was going to kill more people though....I was just basing that on the fact that on the DVD cover he looked really crazy...which he was.

Very good film. Day-Lewis deserved the Oscar. Best film of 2007.

Johnny Walker
  • harvey. classic comedy with jimmy stewart. very good.

love is all you need! is there anybody alive out there?
  • I just saw on dvd the "Untitled" cut of Almost Famous with commentary.
    I can relate to the music, it is a very entertaining film as well
    4 1/2 out of 5

• flatliner said:
    I just saw on dvd the "Untitled" cut of Almost Famous with commentary.
    I can relate to the music, it is a very entertaining film as well
    4 1/2 out of 5

Great movie, one of my favorites.

• We watched "Juno" last night. It was funny and sweet. the main character is very witty.

BluesRok / Jay
  • Watched "The Darjeeling Limited" last night. Directed by Wes Anderson. I've seen 2 or 3 of his movies before (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic) and I liked those, but with this one its very similar to his other movies and it seems like he's not really trying to do anything different. It was an OK movie

3/5

• BluesRok said:
    We watched "Juno" last night. It was funny and sweet. the main character is very witty.

Ellen Page is a great actress in general. I highly recommend you check her out in Hard Candy, for a completely different side of her.

• Stray Dog(1949) - Akira Kurosawa
    my rating - 5/5

Saw it on DVD (obviously). It was Kurosawa's 3rd time working with Toshiro Mifune.

It's an awesome, American style Noir film in the style of the old Humphrey Bogart movies, but with Kurosawa's cinematic flair. I'm shit at writing reviews, but what I'm trying to say is that this is a great movie and everyone should watch it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Apr 2008, 07:20

Some Like It Hot, Letters From Iwo Jima

I borrowed some really old films including, "Some Like it Hot" with Marilyn Monroe, I thought it was soo cute and entertaining! 4 out of 5.

"Letters from Iwo Jima" a 3.5/5 I had to finish the entire movie to fully appreciate it but for some reason I found the first hour dragged on too much...

• I think that Doris Day was great... Marilyn Monroe got a lot more attention, but you wouldn't 'take her home to Mom' like you might with Doris Day.

It's kind of like the old 'Ginger vs Mary Ann' debate...

Anyway, a cute Doris Day film was "The Pajama Game".

BluesRok / Jay
  • doris day was able to establish herself with a career.she was very talented. but monroe got nothing but disrespect.i thought she had a natural talent for comedy.check out monkey business with cary grant.very underappreciated because she was a pin up.they never get taken seriously when they have talent.
    anay,check out my journal on the idolmaker. i love this movie!!!!! great period piece.awesome soundtrack composed by the legendary jeff barry.

• Watched 'Juno' last night, thought it was very good. Kind of like 'Knocked Up' but better...though not quite as funny.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2008, 07:13

Deer Hunter, The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock

Deer Hunter with Robert Deniro 3/5 there were great performances in this film but again, it's another one of those movies where you find the narrative isn't going anywhere within the first hour.

The Birds 2.5/5 interesting film but not that really thrilling or scary like the reviews made it out to be. :(

• Re: Deer Hunter, The Birds by Alfred Hitchcock

oldschool-music said:
    The Birds 2.5/5 interesting film but not that really thrilling or scary like the reviews made it out to be. :(

It was at the time. Times have changed. About the only criticism of The Birds back then was the open ending, that left many people unsatisfied (with the ending, but not with the movie as a whole).

Just like Halloween was an absolutely classic, frightening horror film when released, but people watching it now for the first time probably wouldn't get near the same effect.

• it sacred me. and my wife(i am told) really freaked out watching it.the birds is a classic. i really hate all the new horror. all that blood and guts is not scary. just silly. and disgusting.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2008, 21:29

A Clockwork Orange

I rate this film a 6 out of 5, yeah just watch it.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.