Dirty Pretty Things vs Babyshambles?

• Dirty Pretty Things vs Babyshambles?

Maybe you can choose... Im like a kid in a divorce, cant choose, love both albums.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Mar 2007, 20:35
    No competition, DPT win hands down for me.

• Clueso said...
    • User
    • 9 Mar 2007, 00:28
    Babyshambles, Babyshambles, BABYSHAMBLES!!!

• really hard to choose but I have to say I probably like Carlos and Dirty Pretty Things better. Not by far, but I do like them better.

• Babyshambles, but DPT are amazing aswell.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Mar 2007, 18:09
    Dirty Pretty Things for me.

• daavid said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2007, 01:19
    Babyshambles all the way, DPT feels abit boring i think, still good though.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Mar 2007, 22:22
    Babyshambles, I mean the album isin't great, and its got some of the worst tracks ive ever listened to. But when its good, its fucking awesome!

Plus DPT dont really have an anthem, and 'shambles always have fuck forever.

• erm.. Dirty Pretty Things I guess. they're both great, but I think I got some more sympathy for carl.. =)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2007, 03:07
    As of now it's DPT. The Blinding EP by the Shambles though really renewed my faith in them. I'm very excited to hear their next album.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Mar 2007, 04:29
    5 - 4 for Dirty Pretty Things right now.

• really hard to choose, but i think that babyshambles wins it by a hair, because i just haven´t listened all that much to the DPT album yet... know that´s not too good, but i can honestly say that i havn´t hat time to listen to every album i wanted to listen to for some years now.

"A good song should make you tap your feet and wanna get with your girl, a great song should set fire to the suburbs, and destroy cops."
    - Tom Morello

"Do onto others as you would have them do to you."
    - Jesus
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Mar 2007, 16:53
    babyshambles for me

• I think that dpt are quite good all through the album whilst babyshambles switch between great and pathetic.

• aspey_9 said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2007, 21:40
    Un-Original said:
    Babyshambles, I mean the album isin't great, and its got some of the worst tracks ive ever listened to. But when its good, its fucking awesome!

Plus DPT dont really have an anthem, and 'shambles always have fuck forever.

bang bang aint an anthem?

• aspey_9 said...
    • User
    • 26 Apr 2007, 21:42
    DPT for me, not by far, but I just think they play better all round, and Carl is awesome. Not that Pete isn't...

• Babyshambles. DPT is just so...mtv.

Nothing makes one so vain as being told one is a sinner.
  • Babyshambles

• Whatever people say, the two bands basically represent the aspects of Pete and Carl that went together so perfectly to make the Libertines. The poppy indie of DPT is perfectly nice, and Babyshambles have some great songs and lyrics, but neither will ever be as good as the mixture of originality AND tunefullness of the libs. At least, thats my opinion.

• RiotRadio said:
    No competition, DPT win hands down for me.

Agreed, superb live and not to forget, they are far more reliable than babyshambles! I went to see babyshambles at the end of last year and Pete didn't turn up!

i know, you like the song but not the singer....
    i know, you want the sin without the sinner....
  • DPT, definitely.
    just because pete's fame is too much relied on kate's one.

"i tuoi capelli sono proprio come il tuo carattere: sembra che hai infilato due dita nella 220V"
  • *nodnod* Carl's just much cooler these days. And his company in the band (Anthonyyyy =D) is also much cooler than Pete's. =)

• i spose DPT's albums better in consistency, but I find Babyshambles to be a more exciting live act

• If they turn up =') I've never seen them, because I live in Holland, but I believe that could be true, indeed.

• true :D i saw them last year in norwich, pretty small venue which was good and they're doing a stadium tour this year playing the Wembley Arena in November

Edited by whatawaster1989 on 25 Aug 2007, 22:23
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.