Have you seen The Kooks live yet?

• Have you seen The Kooks live yet?

I was promoting them at the Vic Inn in Derby last night. It was the best gig i've been to this year. The set was a little short due to there being two supprt acts. after the gig Luke (lead singer) gaev us some Promo's of their nes Single Eddies Gun, was amazing then we got invited out for a sort of after party drinking session. Was amazing. going to see them again in a couple of weeks wil be amazing I am sure.

i've moved to http://www.last.fm/user/widgettunes come say hi x
  • Send me some mp3's n stuff mate. Ain't seen them live yet no!

• they are amazing live!

is anyone going to the garage gig?

x

Edited by felicitywhitton on 31 Oct 2005, 16:56
    • ploobz said...
    • User
    • 3 Nov 2005, 22:06
    saw them with the subs in aberdeen. was brill, matchbox stood out above the rest i think, although they were all good.

• bordoli said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2005, 14:46
    Saw them 3 times now! Supporting the Thrills (04), supporting Subways and at V fest.
    Anyone going to the video shoot/free gig?

Sometimes You Feel Like an Alex, Sometimes You Don't.
    • ploobz said...
    • User
    • 11 Nov 2005, 19:43

Re:

Quoth bordoli:
    Saw them 3 times now! Supporting the Thrills (04), supporting Subways and at V fest.
    Anyone going to the video shoot/free gig?

i wish, bit far to go for me im afraid.

• bordoli said...
    • User
    • 15 Nov 2005, 09:56

Re: Re:

i wish, bit far to go for me im afraid.

Where do you live? I travelled up from Cambridge, but I suppose that's only 1hr train ride.

• ploobz said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2005, 21:15

Re: Re: Re:

Where do you live?

north of scotland, place called forres. about 100 miles from aberdeen.

• bordoli said...
    • User
    • 29 Nov 2005, 20:50
    damn... ok I'll never complain about living in a village again.
    How did you get into the Kooks?

• ploobz said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2005, 20:16
    saw them supporting the subways in aberdeen. they were awesome. hopefully gona see them in edinburgh in the next tour.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jan 2006, 20:24
    i just got tickets for portsmouth!! i was trying to ebay for tickets in joiners in southampton but they were too expensive for me!!

i can't wait to see them!

• easy kids, long time since ive been on here. hardly get the time these days

they keep on getting stronger! Oxford on the 10th going to be awesome.

Buy the album if you havent yet!!

i've moved to http://www.last.fm/user/widgettunes come say hi x
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2006, 13:47
    for me it's not so easy to see them live, but they'll come on july 13th (or 15th, don't know ;)) and you can be sure i'll be there. can't wait anymore.

• Sounds good, you'll have a quality time... where abouts your from? rough guess Austria?!?

Can't beat a good cuppa! So, why not join my group!! Tea Drinkers Anonymous . It's just the place to be...
    • BBM-ng said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2006, 12:15
    Haven't seen em yet, but I'm going to catch them at Reading at the NME/Radio 1 stage, and again in their autumn tour.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2006, 21:06
    yep, i'm from austria.. where'd you know it from? my profile?^^

• Re:

Quoth -kathiii-:
    yep, i'm from austria.. where'd you know it from? my profile?^^

yeah, i don't think the new last fm gives locations. when i used to use Audioscrobbler and last fm it did but everythings changed since the, set myself up a new account to.

is there much of a fanbase for the kooks in austria then?

Can't beat a good cuppa! So, why not join my group!! Tea Drinkers Anonymous . It's just the place to be...
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 May 2006, 14:40

Re: Re:

Quoth widgettunes:

yeah, i don't think the new last fm gives locations. when i used to use Audioscrobbler and last fm it did but everythings changed since the, set myself up a new account to.

is there much of a fanbase for the kooks in austria then?

i don't really know many austrian fans of the kooks, but i always try to make my friends listen to their music. and as there are also the strokes at the gig in july, many strokes-fans will start listening to the kooks. i know it. :)

• Cool, would be good for them to spread around the globe for total kook domination....hmmm :p

hope you have fun anyway!!! sure you will.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 May 2006, 16:48

Re:

Quoth widgettunes:
    Cool, would be good for them to spread around the globe for total kook domination....hmmm :p

hope you have fun anyway!!! sure you will.

how could i NOT have fun on seeing the kooks live? :)

• ^^ sorry, wrong username

anyways, ive seen them once in cardiff student union, and im going again in october with my mates who missed out last time :)

• Indah said...
    • User
    • 13 Jun 2006, 18:28
    25th of June! =) They'll be on some festival in my country and I just CAN'T WAIT!!!
    I'll be standing on the front row, shouting and screaming all the lyrics... and perhaps take some pictures (with the band...?) =)

• Before I saw The Kooks I loved them. But now I don´t like them in this way anymore. They are very unappealing particularly the Drummer. His playing was so exaggerated. And Luke (vocals) was very strange. I actually love strange bands but this is another sort of strange. The music is wonderful but I don´t want to see them again.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jun 2006, 22:18
    wow that's weird!! where did u see them?
    I've seen them 3 times and I have tickets to see them another 2 and I think they are one of the best bands live!! they are really really good!! i just love seeing them play live

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.