Five things you'd like to see in The Filter

• Five things you'd like to see in The Filter

Here's my five ways I would improve The Filter - what are yours?

1. Easier iPod playlists! I think that the iPod playlists thing is a bit mental and could be as simple as making a station on Pandora. It's a really good idea, but is too hard to impliment. I remember being completely confused first time I tried it.

2. Better looking. It's not as pretty as my other Mac Apps.

3. A version of the player that works with Winamp for when I'm on the PC.

4. The ability to see just the current song in the playlist - I don't like the fact I can see the artwork for the next few songs in the playlist. It isn't a surprise anymore!

5. I don't really like the AMG data. Would be cool if they used reviews from things like Pitchfork or other music blogs.

• I can't say I agree with Ernie about The Filter not looking pretty. It is one of the nicest apps I've seen.

My wishlist:

- Make it feel more responsive - sometimes it just sits there like a lump and you don't know if it is busy or not.

- Make it dock above or below iTunes so that it feels more like a utility and not a separate app.

- Give it the ability to analyse and extend all playlists, not just those it created

- Hook in with last.fm and build playlists similar to friends / group tastes/

- Offer recommendations of free music from sites such as GarageBand and offer direct download and addition to relevant playlists (similar to what iLike does)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.