Which are your favorite TER bands?

• RedKain said...
    • User
    • 4 Jan 2007, 19:29

Which are your favorite TER bands?

Just the TER roster, skip bands TER distribute.

Mine would be Agalloch, Frantic Bleep, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Winds and Unexpect.

Hail ULVER!
    • melocure said...
    • Subscriber
    • 5 Jan 2007, 22:40
    Hm.

• [spam]

[spam]

{_Wilbur!!! Put down that BLASTED plunger!!!!
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 1 Jan 2011, 09:43
  • Mustardfeet said:
    I've tried Agalloch, but they seem a little dull. Perhaps I just need to hear more? I used to listen to Arcturus, but I stopped liking depressing music quite a while ago; however, I'm thinking I should probably try to get back into them.

I love both of these bands, and I find it a little strange that you'd call Arcturus depressing; that label fits Agalloch much better. ;) Which Arcturus album(s) have you heard? Check out The Sham Mirrors if you haven't already.

The End has so many great bands. Among those listed here, I enjoy Green Carnation, Agalloch, Ulver, Unexpect, Head Control System, Age of Silence, Winds, Novembers Doom, and Frantic Bleep, in that order. The first three are really close though, and my preferences shift day to day.

• Mental Home, Black Art is amazing, but Upon the Shores still speaks to me...

Frantic Bleep is also very, very good, and I am still listening to Madder Mortem's Deadlands (although not really a TER).

Old Epoch of Unlight is very good as well, and Love History's Anasazi was one of my favorites for a while!

One of my all time favorite band's is Voivod, so their pairing with TER was a match made in heaven!!!!

• Agalloch & Winds, hands down.

• jukl said...
    • User
    • 3 Jul 2007, 14:11
    Age of Silence, Winds.... well, I like all of them, except one of them, but nevermind.

• Tairano said...
    • User
    • 19 Jul 2007, 19:30
    Sigh - Their debut on The End Records, "Hangman's Hymn," has been out a little more than a month now. That along with their previous releases make them worth checking out.

Agalloch - What's not to like about them? I've loved everything from them since their '98 demo.

Ulver - Jester or not, I have a high appreciation for all of their releases including the earliest black metal demos.

Peccatum - They've been on the roster as well, and "Lost in Reverie" is brilliant.

Voivod - "Katorz" is a great album, and their past legacy cannot be denied.

Dissection - "Reinkaos" is underappreciated in my view. It seems too many people were looking for another "Somberlain."

Nor can mehtap.
    • Vegane said...
    • User
    • 5 Aug 2007, 12:56
    Stolen Babies, Unexpect, Virgin Black and recently Sleepytime Gorilla Museum.

Fresh, weird & original.

• Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Agalloch, uneXpect...

I sense a pattern here. But yes, those are my favorites.

• Forks said...
    • User
    • 8 Aug 2007, 23:42
    Mostly Agalloch and Ulver. But I intend to check out more.

So far Estradasphere is + and I mean to listen to sculptured.

ZAM
  • Agalloch mostly. More recently Unexpect and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, and most recently Giant Squid - their album is fantastic!

• SGM and Unexpect are among my all-time favs.

About Arcturus:
    Aspera -> Ancient Lore Creations
    La Masquerade -> Music For Nation/Misantrophy
    The Sham Mirrors -> Ad Astra/VME
    Sideshow Symphonies -> Season of Mist

So TER has a lisence, or something.

• SGM SGM SGM, Estradasphere, Unexpect, Sigh and to a SLIGHTLY lesser extent Stolen Babies.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Dec 2007, 08:03
    Not only is Unexpect the best band from the label, but they are also probably the best band ever.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jan 2008, 01:13
    I like a lot of them but my top favourite would be Frantic Bleep,Giant Squid,Sigh,Sleepytime Gorilla Museum,Ulver & Unexpect.

• For me, TER is unexpecT, Sigh, SGM, Stolen Babies, Thine Eyes Bleed, Laethora, Kosmos and Tub Ring...

• My favourites (formerly and currently) are Antimatter, The Gathering, Green Carnation, In The Woods..., Stolen Babies, Ulver and Unexpect.

Great label. =)

...Without music, life would be a mistake...

• maggod said...
    • User
    • 13 Apr 2008, 09:02
    Stolen Babies definitely

• I love Stolen Babies, it's great to see they're getting some attention as of late. I saw them last year, and they were great but crowd was pretty lame during their set. Although The Gathering played next, and that was sweet, the show got me into them.

Also, the new Made Out Of Babies album (released on The End) is a masterpiece.

• Unexpect!!!

Also....

Ulver, Agalloch, SGM, Arcturus, Sigh, Thine Eyes Bleed, Stolen Babies

I recently got the new Made Out Of Babies CD, it's pretty good, but I feel like it could be better!

• I really like Agalloch, then there are some albums by other bands (Novembers Doom, Virgin Black) which I liked a lot.

We are the wounds and the great cold death of the Earth
  • Age of Silence, Enemy of the Sun, Sculptured, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Unexpect, Winds. They are also doing a few of Nadja's albums. Awesome.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Apr 2009, 20:48
    winds, sleepytime gorilla museum, stolen babies , :-?, unexpect

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.