Does anyone actually think that Michael Jackson

• Does anyone actually think that Michael Jackson

can still have success with new albums & songs?

i've been hearing that he's coming out with a new album next year.

whether he's guilty or not (of "playing" with little boys), i think people are just turned off by him. i think hearing his songs would just leave a bad taste....lingering in people's mouths....
    and not because of the "jesus juice".

i own 2 of his albums but rarely play them anymore.

i know he still has a big following, though. mainly in countries that don't start with the letters USA or even UK.

i think it'll be interesting to see what happens. and if can actually make music that doesn't sound dated.

and what ever happened to that song that was supposed to be a benefit for the hurricane people?

Add your Corpse to Halloween Town
  • I have no problem listening to him when he was with The Jackson 5. I do think that he's pretty much over in the States.
    I just don't see him ever having another hit song. I can't even remember the last hit song he had.

I've noticed people who put down artists in their journals get more responses. Maybe you should've been harsher in your post.
    But you might get the fanatics all riled up a little too much.

• Interesting question. I think, if he at first manages to get his personal life and his name back on track, he might have a chance to sell in huge numbers. People are strange, and a lot won't buy his records only because they believe he's a pedophile. Well, I can separate my views (music and person), so for my part it's not important at all - but for a lot of us it is.

Well, that's what I thought :)

"I may be drunk, miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"
  • Re:

welcome to the group, Haakzich.
    and thanks for your thoughts.

people thinking that he's a pedophile will keep them from listening to his music. i actually don't know what to think when it comes to that. (i'd rather not think about it) but i do think he's a weirdo in a sad way.
    but i can still listen to his music & whenever he releases his new album, i'll give it a chance.

Quoth ScottHarness:
    I've noticed people who put down artists in their journals get more responses. Maybe you should've been harsher in your post.
    But you might get the fanatics all riled up a little too much.

yeah, that happens a lot around here. but i'm not gonna put someone down just to get a lot of people to post. although, this group is kinda quiet so maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea.........nah.

i don't think my post was harsh at all. i could've given more opinions on michael but i'm not out to get him or his fans.
    and i don't know if i offended anyone but people shouldn't take things so personal. looks like some want me out already.

crazy michael fans?
    don't know and don't care.

just wanted to know everyone's thoughts on michael & if he can still have success.

• Jackson can still sell out stadiums all over the world. He'll do very well with any new music that he puts out.

a licky boom boom down
  • He is a weirdo, it's true. Unfortunately, my speculations have concluded that I don't think he will be able to climb old heights.

"I may be drunk, miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly"
  • Never underestimate Michael Jackson.

Each time I think we've seen the last of him he comes back with a pop classic. HIStory was undeniably rubbish, but Black & White and his due with Janet were brilliant brilliant songs and not that long ago (on the scale of the duration of his career).

He makes me squirm for sure... but I don't doubt that if he sorts his s*** out, he could come back with an amazing track or 2. An amazing album? not so sure...

VJ

Commit random acts of senseless beauty
  • I think all of his albums are great, with a possible exception when it comes down to whether the "Invincible" album was good or not.

Michael Jackson is my favourite solo artist so don't get me wrong here, but I feel that his future return to success would depend on people's impression of the man, not his talent.

• LATE BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Michael Jackson will soon be doing a duet with David Hasselhoff!!!!

Mel Gibson will direct the video!!!
    Set to make cameo appearances are: Tom Cruise & his brain-washed wife, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears and OJ Simpson.

STAY TUNED for more possible cameos & the title of the single!!!!

• Ynskje said...
    • User
    • 7 Jun 2007, 22:55
    I don't have any problem with listening to MJs music, and I still think his songs are GREAT, regardless of what he has/hasn't done/is supposed to have done.
    BUT, I think he has "lost his touch" now, and anyway, he couldn't possibly "outdo" himself and make anything better than his previos stuff. (Could he ever top "Billie Jean"?).
    I sure would be VERY surprised if he did so.

"Getting married is like burning down the house to get a piece of toast"
    - Benny Hill
  • Mmmm, interesting topic. He's had a lot of bad publicity, but you see that hasn't affected Paris Hilton, so I guess it might not matter? I loved him "back then", but could really care less about hearing any of his new stuff.

"I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building."
  • girllost said:

STAY TUNED for more possible cameos & the title of the single!!!!

i heard the title is "KOO-KOO for COCOA PUFFS"

uh-oh, magicmaid, all the MJ fans will get mad cause they'll think that you are comparing him & paris hilton!

paris' music "career" never really took off, did it?
    maybe they should team up & do a song together.

i hope they both stay away from music.

• *_* Dear God, the mental images are terrifying. I'll pray for the best.
    Hey, my niece happens to love MJ's music, she just ignores his rep, and she's 16 and smart enough not to get all het up over differences in musical taste and opinions! Too bad it isn't a universal quality.

"I know the answer! The answer lies within the heart of all mankind! The answer is twelve? I think I'm in the wrong building."
  • I don't think he's a pedophile, but I do think he's a weirdo. People are just appalled by his appearance.

I think it's a shame all his great pop songs and videos (Bad, Billie Jean, Thriller) are being ignored by the general public.

Can he come back? I doubt it.
    If Mariah could, though, after Glitter, anyone can :P.

People are forgiving after all.

• Haha, Mariah. That's all that needs to be said, I guess.

• No, his image is way too tarnished. I know most of my friends avoid him at all costs. I still like three of his songs, but he's no one I'm into checking out.

When life gives you lemonade, spruce it up with vodka

(\ (\
    ( ^_^)
    (_(")(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
  • stick a fork in him, he dead.

Bow to the Kid.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Mar 2009, 17:37
    Yeah, no kidding. I still listen to his old stuff, but it's been eight long years since he put anything out and "Invincible" wasn't anything to get excited about. He'd need a miracle to come back now.

• I wouldn't mind a new MJ album, he rocked the radio when I was young, he can do it again! :D

Me and my fiancee had tickets to go see him, but it turned out to be a uni day and that comes first. She sold them and made £50 profit (she did't want to rip anyone off).

How do I emo up in here ?
  • said on june 2008:

JeremyAce4 said:
    stick a fork in him, he dead.

you're mean.
    and a year too early.

so,
    what about the album?
    for sure it's gonna come out now.
    i'm sure it'll sell millions.

and there will probably be a rushed tribute cd featuring crappy artists.

i actually listened to some of his music today.
    no matter what, he had some really great music early on.
    up til the thriller album .... with a few exceptions up to the early mid 90's.

any chance he's faking his death to get out of touring?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Nov 2009, 20:03
    I liked him, then I started secondary school and if you like Micheal Jackson, you were a peadophile, I only went to that school for a year, then I started another school, with people who weren't like that, but I forgot how much I loved his music, until he died. But his Number 1 album went to Number 1 so yeah. He did, and I think This Is It did too.

• TheBlank said:
    said on june 2008:

JeremyAce4 said:
    stick a fork in him, he dead.

you're mean.
    and a year too early.

ooo! we have a psychic in the group!
    that's cool!

i haven't listened 2 mj in like 4evr! i should correct that soon.
    but it seems like his "new" cd disappeared quickly when it came out.
    did it sell well?
    i didn't pay attention to it.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.