Vocals - Who was the best?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Apr 2009, 13:12

Vocals - Who was the best?

Joe Strummer's vocals had power and grit. His voice defined punk.

Mick Jones's softer voice brought a higher emotional quality to some songs.

Paul Simonon, fair enough he was only in Guns of Brixton, but what a tune. His voice is the deepest with a reggae quality.

• Mick Jones was the best singer IMO.

• I like the mix of Joe and Mick, like in Rudie Can't Fail. But otherwise Strummer is my man. But Mick is the sweet loverboy in the band, as Beanstovi says, he's bringing some romance in to the songs.

Oh and Paul sings in Crooked Beat on Sandinista! and in Red Angel Dragnet on Combat Rock.

Topper has lead on Ivan meets G.I Joe to.

• I agree with RagaDrop, the best was mix of Strummer and Jones voices like in 'Should I stay or should I go', where Mick is main vocal and Joe as a backing vocal in spanish :)

• Joe Strummer only

• Joe.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Jul 2009, 16:47
    joe is power and mick is pure love. i love both of them

• both but i reckon mick jones was but better. def.

• viragom said...
    • User
    • 22 Jul 2009, 19:00
    Joey Joe Joe! I still like Mick's a LOT but I love that speech impediment of Joe's hahaha.

Everyone's crazy but me...
  • I'd have to say Joe Strummer, I don't care what you say about his voice. His voice was powerful, and simply told the raw truth.

Karl Pilkington on the subject of dopplegangers: "How would I know which one I was?"
  • Joe was the best by far but Mick had his highlights like I'm So Bored with the USA and Paul was awesome in Crooked Beat and Guns of Brixton.

Mailboxes drip like lampposts in the twisted birth canal of the coliseum.
    Rim job fairy teapots mask the temper tantrum, O' say "can you see 'em?"
  • Joe. Great vocals really. Mick is great too, but I still have to say I prefer Joe's.

• Joe

• Joe was clearly the owner of Punk, but hearing Mick sing every few songs was really awesome. and l really appreciated hearing Paul in "The Guns Of Brixton." it's a shame Topper never sang anything but I love them as they were:)

~BVB ARMY***
    • guii5 said...
    • User
    • 10 Nov 2011, 14:36
    Joe.

• Kanbya said...
    • User
    • 2 Dec 2011, 10:20
    Starlow13 said:
    Joe was clearly the owner of Punk, but hearing Mick sing every few songs was really awesome. and l really appreciated hearing Paul in "The Guns Of Brixton." it's a shame Topper never sang anything but I love them as they were:)

Topper was the lead vocalist for "Ivan Meets G.I. Joe" ;)

~ IGNORE ALIEN ORDERS ~
  • Would like to say Tymon Dogg has incredible vocal as well as Mick Jones but actually most of my favorite Clash songs are sang by Strummer..

• Rzymon said...
    • User
    • 22 Feb 2014, 21:06
    joe

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.