• Beat The Devils Tattoo

"We wrote over 23 songs for this record and the hardest thing about it was probably narrowing it down to a final 13 track album,” Been says. “There's just a strange effortlessness now, which I haven't felt since we recorded our first album. It's just got that kind of nervous, kind of excited, kind of unsure feeling, where we don't know where it's gonna go next, so everyone just stands out of the way.”

“Leah had given me a book of Poe short stories and I'd immersed myself in it. The one phrase 'Beat The Devils Tattoo' leaped out at me though for some reason. I read up on it and found that it originally meant 'the beat of a drum or a bugle signaling soldiers to return to their camps after dark'. But it's a very old lost phrase. These days, I guess it's used whenever anyone anxiously drums their fingers on a table or taps their foot on the ground incessantly, they're 'beating the devil's tattoo.'"

“To me music сonnects everyone and everything, that is the light,” Been says, “If we're able to write something, and someone can relate to it, or feel something from it, the light is blinding."

Если не можете быть джентльменом, так не будьте хотя бы свиньей.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 21 Jan 2013, 17:19
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.