The Black Mages

• The Black Mages

Is there going to be any new Black Mages stuff? I've heard rumors but I am not sure. There old CD's rock hard though...

Wear your grudge like a crown of negativity. Calculate what you will or will not tolerate. Desperate to control all and everything. Unable to forgive your scarlet lettermen. Give away the stone. Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold. Let go.
  • Idk, I hope so. They'll probably do one of FF13 if Nobuo Uematsu does the music. They should write their own stuff also, they're all awesome musicians.

• I heard, that new album is going to come at year 2008. March probably. I hope it does. ^^ If there will be Dark Messenger from FFIX, I would probably die because of happiness.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Dec 2007, 11:15
    Leviathan93 said:
    I heard, that new album is going to come at year 2008. March probably.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia (the URL includes the sources):
    According to Uematsu, The Black Mages will produce their third album in the near future with an extra disc centered on Japanese mythology. The album has been postponed to early 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_Mages

But as long as it'll be released in 2008 I'm happy. I'm just a bit afraid that it'll delay pretty much because the release date (or other more detailed information) still hasn't been announced..

• Kulicz said...
    • User
    • 24 Jan 2008, 13:12
  • Yes The Black Mages rock hard!! lol I love all their tracks and can't wait for the new album too.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Mar 2008, 14:23
  • New album is quite good ^^

• I think the new album is awesome, it's probably my favourite yet. I've been dying for rearrangements for Opening - Bombing Mission, The Extreme, Premonition and Grand Cross. And they're all brilliant tracks, some of my favourite Black Mages stuff is on Darkness and Starlight. Assault of the Silver Dragons has some brilliant keyboard work in, Distant Worlds is a nice calm track, a surprise from The Black Mages to be honest, and the track Darkness and Starlight is their best lyrical track yet in my opinion. All in all, if you like The Black Mages get this album, it simply is brilliant. I can't wait until their next album is released.

• i don't like their new album... :\
    when i heard it for the first time.... i can't even express my emotions... so disapointing...
    :\

• BurnWitchBurn said:
    i don't like their new album... :\
    when i heard it for the first time.... i can't even express my emotions... so disapointing...
    :\

Do you have any reasons why? I've seen this album split people down the middle. Some people wish that they were heavier and more rock-like as the first two albums, while other love the superior arranging. I personally like both styles, but I love keyboards and synthesisers, and this album is full of them. I like the new feel of Darkness and Starlight, it's sort of like Progressive Rock in a way.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Dec 2008, 13:35
    I've still not bought there 3rd album!

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.