Alltime favourite aussie album

• jjuckel said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2007, 17:03

Alltime favourite aussie album

Hey this might be a tough call, but what is your alltime fave aus album?? I'm an aussie in the uk all sentimental lately, realising a lot of great stuff was around when I was growing up. If I had to choose, it would have to be 'The Swing' by INXS.

• ed_d said...
    • User
    • 22 May 2007, 04:09
    Very tough decision, I don't think I can make it!

If you're interested in Australian hip-hop join here -> Aussie Hip-Hop
    Like watching AFL? Then join here -> AFL
    Does commercial radio annoy the hell out of you? Join -> Commercial Radio Drives Me Insane
    Also check out my web site -> http://www.whoopwhoop.com.au
  • I'd have to say Silverchair's Diorama.

• the living end's Modern ARTillery

~Sink your teeth into the flesh of midnight, Night forever more, let them see it has begun, The others I’ve become~
  • Radio Birdman - Radios Appear

• burgeo said...
    • User
    • 21 Jul 2007, 02:36
    Throw a blanket over Circus Animals, Hi Fi Way and Radio Appear are all worthy of best album title.

• Very easy, without a doubt: Hoodoo Gurus, Stoneage Romeos.

And my ears are wearing head phones
    that do play my favourite songs
    not music i’m told to like
    but the songs that make me dance along

Cos on my feet are shoes for dancing
    ‘dancing to be free’
    my feet they’re paying tribute to
    the bobby marley legacy

The Cat Empire, Two Shoes
    • azzad10 said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2007, 09:41
    Would have to be You Am I - Hourly Daily

• Powderfinger - Odyssey Number 5.

It was a tough choice, I love internationalist too, and double allergic... and vulture street... plus the Living End's self titled, Wolfmother album, Silverchair's Diorama/Neon Ballroom or even either of the first 2 albums from The Cat Empire.

• CHISEL all of the songs that made Cold Chisel Fucking Awesome

• You Am I - Hi Fi Way or Smudge - Manilow

It's been so long since I've seen the ocean... I guess I should
  • Tough choice...prolly would have said Even's Come Again a few years ago, but The Sleepy Jackson's Lovers now overtakes it, and I think it's gotta be Violetine's Small Speaker Joyland. Or maybe Custard's Loverama, purely because its so Aussie more than musically great. And I haven't even got to Spiderbaitor Regurgitator or INXS or soooo many others. Damn, I'm bad at this...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2007, 19:26

Re: Alltime favourite aussie album

jjuckel said:
    Hey this might be a tough call, but what is your alltime fave aus album?? I'm an aussie in the uk all sentimental lately, realising a lot of great stuff was around when I was growing up. If I had to choose, it would have to be 'The Swing' by INXS.

I'll have to agree with you on that one. "The Swing" is a brilliant album.

So, my favourite aussie album is "The Swing" by INXS OR "I'm Never Gonna Die Again" by These Immortal Souls.

• lovers by the sleepy jackson

• Diffffficult choice

Well, for me, Something For Kate - Beautiful Sharks is prettty high up there.

And even though they never get enough cred, Art of Fighting - Wires. Absolutely stunning.

I don't know if that's of all time, I'd have to do a bit more thinking but those 2 albums immediately spring to mind for me.

• favorite is Diorama too but it may not be the best. music is 100% taste tho

Dont Panic!
  • probably "liberty belle and the black diamond express" by the go-betweens.

but could be nick cave's good son or boatman's call too. or "born.sandy.devotional" by the triffids, or "starfish" by the church or or or.....

• Tough one.
    I'm locking in Paul Kelly So Much Water So Close to Home

Could change any day though

The Swing by INXS is a strong contender
    as is
    The Church - Priest = Aura

"They say the definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result"

Try it Again - The Hives
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.