• db0 said...
    • User
    • 19 May 2007, 23:46

ACP Site

Is now live...in beta ;)

Lots of work to do still and I ain't going to do it all alone so go and register and I'll give you more rights when you verify your username from here.

I will grant the admins of this group Editor rights (, unless they are very confident in wordpress and want admin rights instead) and the rest will have either Author or Contributor rights as long as they are regulars in this forum. New users will not have contribution rights.

Comments definitely welcome

References/Resources:

It is fortunate that what is necessary, is easy to acquire and what is difficult to have, is not necessary - Epicurus.
    Edited by db0 on 28 Aug 2007, 00:56
    • db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:32

Before you ask:

Subscribers and unsubscribed- Can only read site and post comments (I can lock comments just for subscribed users but it really wouldn't make much difference)

Contributors - Can create posts but they must be approved by an editor before they go on the site. I am considering this as a starting level for new users before they can prove that they can write a coherent and interesting article

Authors - Can create posts and pages.

Editors - As authors but they can also edit other people's articles, add new categories, delete posts and pages and other such stuff.

Admins - Wordpress stuff.

Also, please let me know if you like the theme or if you'd prefer another one while providing me a link.

Same goes for plugins. If you are familiar with wordpress and/or want to suggest a useful plugin, let me know

It is fortunate that what is necessary, is easy to acquire and what is difficult to have, is not necessary - Epicurus.
    • SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:38
    What will this site encompass? I see it is based on weblog software, so will this be a kind of blog with (news) articles? That would be great.

More commonly known as Waldheri

Questioning all your answers since 1988
    "No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavours to establish" - David Hume
    • db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:47
    Read this thread's last pages

• SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:49
    Ok, awesome. I like this theme a lot. You can change the banner to something that better fits this group (like the new logo and the group name) and the menu on the top is useful and easy.

"No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavours to establish" - David Hume
    • db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:51
    Classic wordpress theme I see. I went for something that doesn't look so much as a blog but rather as a site.

Waiting for more comments...

• SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 00:56
    I disagree. The menu clearly indicates there are is more to the site than just a blog (even thought it will probably its main part). Furthermore, I would definately like to write for this site. I am a capable writer and I'd be happy to contribute to this site.

• db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 01:02
    As I said, I'm waiting for more comments on this. My comment meant to show that the theme you proposed just gives the "feeling" of a blog, nothing more.

Furthermore, I would definately like to write for this site. I am a capable writer and I'd be happy to contribute to this site.
    Very well, have you registered?

• Working on registering, this computer won't let me check my email for some reason... so I'll finish when I get home. I would like editor access, perhaps admin if you deem me worthy. :)
    I will definately try to make a bit of free time to write and edit articles this year (since I won't have anymore high school, I will definately have more time to do *fun* things)

So far it seems to be a good start. I'm not too concerned over what skin/layout we have, as long as its not bubblegum pink and lime green.

A few questions though... with the blog, are there / will there be separate ones for each writer-user, or just one central blog to which each writer contributes?

There's no problem a few frag grenades can't fix.

Cookies for Godlessness
    My Twin in life, love, mind, and music: ISoS
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
  • Registered as Anath.

Cookies for Godlessness
    The snake that cannot shed its skin perishes. So do the spirits who are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be spirit. -Nietzsche
    • Gerino said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 09:03
    Registered as Gerino.

Just two quick questions:
    Are we going to set some kind of guidelines for writers, or we will just rely on the common sense?
    Is this the topic where we are going to discuss the content of the page, or are we going to move somewhere else? (or, are we are not going to discuss it? ;))

• SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 09:28
    I registered under "Waldheri"

• db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 11:35
    Alright, I've updated you three to Authors. You can now directly post to the blog. You can see the page either as a series of posts chronologically, or by author if you wish.
    Rage I have not put you as editor yet as I reserve this place initially for the Admins of the ACP.

Gerino, I'll leave the first question up for discussion. For now I am assuming common sense, that is why I grant author access to known forum people in the start.

You can discuss anything page related here if you wish or make a new thread.

• Gerino said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 12:46
    Great :)

I am only concerned with the "For all despisers of monotheism" in title. It is not very... marketable :) I will definitely insist of changing it, as it does not troubles me so much, but I was thinking about something more catchy, related to the freethought maybe?

As I am in the similar situation as Anath, I will definitely have time to contribute, but probably it will be good idea to deal with the FAQ first, as I do not really fancy idea of dealing with the "angry mob" without something that I could relate to :)

• db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 12:47

Tags and Categories

For all people who will contibute. I have now created some basic categories caleld Religion, Social, Music and Philosophy. Use these to categorize your posts.
    You can also use tags if you need more specific categorization. So for example you might use the Atheism tag for a post in Religion or the "Black Metal" tag for a post in Music. You can create new tags but not new categories (unless you are an editor).

@Gerino: I chose this description since I just picked it up from this group's description. Definitely open to change. Just tell me your ideas.

• Gerino said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 13:07
    Maybe change Music category into Culture, so it will encompass music, films, plays etc. (and then use tags to specify, as you suggested)?

• db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 13:10
    indeed. Good idea

• Gerino said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 15:18
    Some ideas for the catchphrase.
    The simple way suggest things like "Free you mind", but - yeah, it is a friggin' cliché.
    Maybe something impersonal and more descriptive, like "Where the thoughts flow free".
    We could also go into more... "militant" direction, like "An isle of sanity in the world of delusionals" :>
    Oh, utilising old proverbs is also nice, I like this one:
    "The one-eyed [kings] in the land of the blind" :)

• db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 15:24
    Gerino said:
    Some ideas for the catchphrase.
    The simple way suggest things like "Free you mind", but - yeah, it is a friggin' cliché.
    Maybe something impersonal and more descriptive, like "Where the thoughts flow free".
    We could also go into more... "militant" direction, like "An isle of sanity in the world of delusionals" :>
    Oh, utilising old proverbs is also nice, I like this one:
    "The one-eyed [kings] in the land of the blind" :)

I think you meant to say that "The one-eyed man rules in the land of the blind" but I'm not certain if it is relative to the site.

• SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 15:28
    Or maybe, we can use paradoxal term for our community (i.e. "Temple of/for the enlightened minds").

• Gerino said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 15:33
    The general idea is to avoid suggesting, that ACP is some kind of religion/sect/organisation, as it would be pretty hypocritical.

But "Join us. We have cookies!" would definitely work :D

• SpHaeR said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 16:28
    Well that was my point, actually. It would definately get the attention of visitors. But maybe we shouldn't go the paradoxal way, I don't know. Maybe simply use the "Behold, Bastard son! We are the evil ones." description, hahah!

• db0 said:
    Alright, I've updated you three to Authors. You can now directly post to the blog. You can see the page either as a series of posts chronologically, or by author if you wish.
    Rage I have not put you as editor yet as I reserve this place initially for the Admins of the ACP.

But you're not an admin of ACP, db0! :P

I agree with SpHaeR though; it probably should be "Behold, Bastard son! We are the evil ones." at least for the beginning, since that is the last.fm group description on the side module, and somewhat of a catchphrase. We can always change it later. I also like the layout he put up, now that I looked at it again. At least one master side module would be very helpful.

By the way db0, check your tag on the new article Crimes of Atheism. ;)

Cookies for Godlessness
  • I registered, but haven't received my password yet! Is it normal or did I do smth wrong?

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    • db0 said...
    • User
    • 20 May 2007, 23:28
    you should have received the password almost immediately. Did you put the correct email? What username did you use so I can check?

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.