• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2007, 17:21

Favourite mug?

Obvious thing, do you have your favourite mug?
    Myself I'm addicted to buying new mugs, everyone in my family has their own mug and no one apart from them can drink tea/coffee from it. I have 4-5 mugs and can't help buying more. Most important thing is size, but also color, picture, title and hand.
    What is your dream mug? Pictures are welcome.

P.S. I also like stylish cups :)

• Well, I usually drink from a big, 0.5 liter mug that my sister brought from Nurnberg, Germany. I like to have a lot of tea :)
    I also have two mugs that were my favourites in the past - an Iron Maiden "Number of the Beast" cup and a Lord of the Rings Ringwraiths/Nazgul one :)

LARP fans, I invite you to our group - click here
    Board Games? You bet your ass, hell yeah! Board Games Group
  • My favorite is one I got from thinkgeek.com with a list of VI commands, it's good to have while sitting at my desk. That one and I have a pretty cool glass mug.

I am awesome.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 3 Aug 2007, 01:49
    i have two tall mugs with elegant double-tailed mermaids on them, that i love.
    i want to buy some clear glass teacups and teapot someday, i think that would look nice to drink with. hopefully i can find some that are a good size, and not too extremely delicate.

• Mine has garfield on it on one side and on the other sider is a speech bubble which says "Es lebe der Kaffee Durst" which is in english something like: "Long live the thirst for coffee". It's also my coffe cup

• I like the Moomin mugs and my favorites are Sniff and Stinky:

They're so cute :D

• Adorable! Love those Moomins! Mine is an original Smiley face yellow mug which puts a smile on my face every time I have tea in it. :D

• semeru said...
    • User
    • 26 Aug 2007, 22:03
    A simple black IKEA mug and a beige one with a green sketch of a cat.

• app103 said...
    • User
    • 30 Aug 2007, 21:51

I bought 3 of these 24oz mugs, one for each member of the family, each with a different Christmas pic.

This is mine. The rest of the family use theirs for soup or cereal. I use mine for tea. And I use it year round.

It requires about 2-3 tea bags, depending on the type of tea. I fill it 4-6 times a day.

• I use a teacup, two actually (I'm also addicted to buying mugs and cups).

"As one judge said to another: 'Be just and if you can't be just, be arbitrary.'" --William S. Burroughs
  • i'm addicted to buying more and more mugs too, i already have about 10, but my favourite is the one i got from my two best friend few years ago, white NICI mug with a frog on it and the words 'sunshine maker' :)

when i offer you survival you say it's hard enough to live.
  • It's all about really big thermos mugs.... being a student, i am A - lazy, and B - not very clost to a kitchen. so i got myself a really big (just under a pint) thermos mug, it keeps my tea hot for and hour or so..... amazing, technology these day, what wll they think of next......

Can't beat a good cuppa! So, why not join my group!! Tea Drinkers Anonymous . It's just the place to be...
  • classic ones, not too big, not too small..comfortable classic handle..I usually prefer dark colours, don't know why..

and yes, I am a compulsive mug buyer too

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Nov 2007, 06:46
    ha i like buying mugs too..
    i recently got this sleek shiny black travel mug/cup, stainless steel, tall, it is sooo nice!

• My favourite mug ... pause while he takes a sip from it ... has Curious George playing with a ball on it. I like it ... pause while he takes another sip from it ... because it's big. (And because it has Curious George on it.)

G. Davis is innocent.
  • I have 6 mugs in constant use. My absolute favourite is one from trigema (clothes-company) which has a great monkey on it saying "Hello Fans!" and I also really like one with loads of white sheep on it and then one black one in the middle of them.

• I've got a tall blue mug that's got a bit of a flare to its lip that I like a lot. I don't really have a mug collection; I've got a pair of blue 'Happy cat' mugs from Sainsbury's that I like a lot but that's about it. They don't get used much, as I do all my tea drinking at work.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2008, 22:27
    I find it mildly amusing that Christkiller's favourite mug is a garfield one (nevermind the fact that he's a member of tea drinkers anonymous :) You go, you tea-drinking, cat-loving destroyer of religion and blackener of souls!

For the record, mine has garfield on the side also, but mine's caption reads 'Money talks. It says goodbye'. A gift from my mother :)

• Akink said...
    • User
    • 18 Jan 2008, 22:44
    I see a lot of people addicted to buying mugs... I'm the one also.

I don't really have the one and only favorite mug. However, I usually drink from one of two biggest and highest ones. The first has a teddy bear on it, and the second has little, hand-painted angels.

The only thing that stands between me and total happieness is reality.
  • I'm really clumsy and end up smashing nearly all my mugs! But my favourite mug would have to have been my Sex Pistols 'Never Mind The Bollocks' mug, I'm planning to re-buy it 'cos I was gutted when it broke!

Should I stay or should I go?
    • SSave said...
    • User
    • 19 Jan 2008, 23:47
    That's a one big blue mug with some doctor's(?) telephone number on it, and I have no idea where did I get it.
    I'd prefer it green, anyway.

• Knirrie said...
    • User
    • 5 Mar 2008, 14:45
    I need to have my tea from my favorite Berlin Ampelmann mug :) And when that's in the dishwasher I take any mug by Leendert Jan Vis, they are so cute.

♫ the music's never loud enough ♫
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Apr 2008, 09:22
    I've got three favourite mugs, each for something else;)

From this one:

I drink mate.

This tiger-like one:

I use everyday for all kinds of tea.

And this huge (half a litre) Homer mug:

I use on special occasions, especially when I don't want to go to kitchen very often ;)

• dhd said...
    • User
    • 14 Apr 2008, 14:39
    I'm drinking from this one right now:

• I'd love a huge one that fit a litre in it. At the moment I use these famous Chinese cups because they're quite big and pretty looking. I think if you search "Chinese cup" on google it's one of the first things you will see.

EDIT: It's a lot like this, but a little different in shape.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.