Is too much tea bad for you?

• Mebex said...
    • User
    • 11 May 2007, 19:57

Is too much tea bad for you?

I have recently cut down on tea, is too much bad for you?

• iSui said...
    • User
    • 15 May 2007, 18:05
    No, of course not.O.O Why should it be bad?

Though it's bad to have to go to toilette so often.xD

"Sans toi, les émotions d'aujourd'hui
    ne seraient que la peau morte des émotions d'autrefois."

ღ Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Wanna join my group? :)
    • walesan said...
    • User
    • 18 May 2007, 21:15
    too much of tea? "too much" is pretty relative phrase :) somebody gives up after one cup, somebody counts in litres...and yes, I am the second type :)

• Well, it is said, that too much tea can give you heart problems, because it's full of tein - a lesser version of caffeine. But it depends on the type of tea. The only problem Green Tea gives you is, a iSui stated - going to the toilet more often :)

Oh, and black tea gives a bad colour to your teeth :D

LARP fans, I invite you to our group - click here
    Board Games? You bet your ass, hell yeah! Board Games Group
  • Too much of anything is bad for you...even tea

• xavi3r said...
    • User
    • 30 Jun 2007, 02:14
    Yesterday I experienced what happens when I drink too much of tea - it forces me to visit the toilet more often, but I haven't noticed any other bad side effects of too much tea :)

• Well, i have started to drink too much tea again xD (toilet - very often in the night xD).
    My friend had to reduce drinking tea, because she had a problems with her blood or something... She felt in that days very bad :/

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2007, 10:24
    I only drink one or two cups of tea a day, so it isn't really bad for me ;-)

• No. it's good to drink something and stay hydrated. Tea is very healthy for you and would obviously be better than drinking soda or coffee, especially if you don't sweeten the tea much. Also, with the whole toilet thing it's better to go often than not go at all or very little.

I am awesome.
  • Tea is bad for you when you decide to drink few liters of ginseng green tea in the evening............ I couldn`t sleep for the whole night........... felt like trash the following day..........

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Oct 2007, 20:34
    My doctor recommended me to take no more than 3 cups of black tea a day because it causes constipation, sounds funny but could be a real problem.

As I have some 'iron lack' problems (not enough iron in my blood)I can not take black tea upto 2 hours after having breakfast. Black tea blocks the vitamin C from the orange juice that I take to help the iron tablets.

So, if there's anyone having some similar problems with iron and tea, I recommend to visit your favourite tea shop and ask about 'rooibos'. It tastes like tea (depends on the flavour, of course) and it has vitamin C and iron.

• arvidnl said...
    • User
    • 13 Oct 2007, 21:18
    Constipation? I always felt it helped my intestines going, especially black tea.
    Too much black tea can have an effect on the color of your teeth. Nothing important, but you wont have that chewing-gum smile.

I drink a glass of fresh orange juice every morning. Just before I start with the tea. Usually about one litre before noon. But from what you say that's not really helping me get my vitaminshot.

• Dulacre said...
    • User
    • 3 Nov 2007, 23:23
    Are there really people, that drink more than 2 litres a day?
    Well, the stain of your teeths can be avoid very easy, just put a little bit lemon into the tea (Green and Black), this destroys the substance, which is responsible for the discoloration. Green is very healthy for your bones and teeth and for what I know, has a huge amount of vitamin C and minerals like iron, too. Black Tea really has something to do with the obstructions of iron, but you can eat raisins and nuts, they contain a lot of iron. In your case just switch to Green Tea instead of Black. The only problem I ever had, was a sleepless night after several cups of green tea...

Beati pauperes spiritu.
  • One of them is sitting right here..... if I don`t drink 0.5 L tea in the morning...... i don`t feel awake...... then I drink tea between lessons...... and then at home ~1.5 L...... so ussually I consume betwenn 1.5 to 2.5L tea a day....... I know it`s bad....... but I`m addicted..... I don`t drink water at all by the way.... Sleepless nights....... you should try drinking tea with ginseng in evening.... that is the ultimate energy drink.

• I don't measure in litres. And I only drink maybe a cup or two a day. I'm not dead yet.
    And I do that lemon thing to help with my teeth, and I use this special toothpaste cause I also drink coffee and smoke.

"As one judge said to another: 'Be just and if you can't be just, be arbitrary.'" --William S. Burroughs
    • arvidnl said...
    • User
    • 13 Nov 2007, 19:17
    I never had a sleepless night because of tea. In the evening I more often drink green tea (mint/ginseng). Never noticed more awakeness or trouble getting to sleep after.

• Tarrkin said...
    • User
    • 16 Nov 2007, 21:28
    I can dispassionately say, that I am caffeine (tein?) addict. When I return late from school I have a little headache, because I don't catch my 0,6l of tea in the right time.
    With health issues I don't see it so bloodshot. Tea has many scientificaly approved positive effects on your body, what I think well compensate the problems with caffeine...

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Dec 2007, 15:06
    If tea were bad we'd be dropping like flies.

• I know that if you drink often strong tea (doesn't matter whether it's green or black or some other kind) it makes your skin really dry. You can also feel that your mouth is dry.

I've experienced this (as well as some of my tea addicted friends) and had to stop drinking tea for a while. Now I drink only tea from 2nd brewing or sometimes 3rd and not as often as I used to.

• Nope, it's good enough for me! :)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Jul 2008, 11:10
    I heard it's good, the only problem is u'll have to go to toilet more often...

i found this article:

http://www.studentwebcontest.com/2003/TeaHouse/advantage.htm

• Luckily I haven't felt anything yet. :}

Let's go, cat go, let go.
    • iaberis said...
    • User
    • 14 Sep 2008, 17:28
    In fact someone told me that his mom told him, that too much tea (more than 3 cups/day) may have some neggative effects due to something in the tea... dunno what it is nor what causes... any ideas?

oh if I drink tea in the evening, I can't sleep in the night :P

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jan 2009, 14:53
    Moderation is the key, but with me I don't know what is moderate. I usually have 4 to 6 cups of tea a day. I usually mix it up too. Black Tea in the morning. Green in the afternoon and evening. Herbal in the evening.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.