Dumbest arguments you've heard against drug use or a certain drug

• QJ14 said...
    • User
    • 3 Mar 2010, 23:20

Dumbest arguments you've heard against drug use or a certain drug

"But weed kills you"

"Acid stays in your system for like your whole life, and you get flashbacks"

"If you do drugs you'll fail at life and live on the streets"

Personally heard all three of these.

/rage

• "Shrooms make your brain bleed."

• "weed makes u dum theyv tested it!" ¬¬

• drugs in general should be illegal because imagine your brother/sister/mother/father being addicted to it. makes no sense because people are gonna use drugs regardless of if they're legal or not. maybe heroin is so sparsely used because of the stigma attached to it? pretty much all arguments against marijuana legalization are ridiculous though, heroin/crack/meth is more up for debate since they're actually extremely addictive and dangerous. that just doesn't prove that more people would use them if they were legal.

• orangekows said:
    heroin/crack/meth is more up for debate since they're actually extremely addictive and dangerous. that just doesn't prove that more people would use them if they were legal.

They're just addictive to idiots who shouldn't be doing drugs in the first place.

Well except for the opiates, since you know, you can get addicted because of reasons other than recreational use. But even then, only if you have some sort of serious injury that'll cause you a lifetime of pain. Being perscribed vicodin for two weeks doesn't count.

I've heard more and dumber arguments FOR drug use than against though.

My argument against legalised drugs is that people are stupid and unpredictable as it is, and we shouldn't upset what little balance there is by allowing them to abuse (NOT use) substances that might make them even more stupid and unpredictable.

"Some people get rich and others eat shit and die." - HST
    • Pupppet said...
    • User
    • 16 Sep 2010, 20:59
    "weed makes you lose control and act violent..." ... STUPID!

also, LanghariTuig's argument. Man, saying drugs shouldn't be legal 'cuz we shouldn't tamper with the 'balance' that exists now? Maybe weed should be legal because it's not as harmful to your body/mind as nicotine or alcohol. If you sort out the drugs with the higher risk of harm or addiction, you can have a group of drugs legal to avoid a pointless witch hunt. It's different to try and control a weedhead than a crack addict, you've seen the effects on both.

Crime is the definition for things considered unabiding with the law. So hey, maybe if we work on the important things to improve society instead of chasing potsmokers down the mall maybe we would see a little more improvement don't ya think? Look at the prohibition times. There was no 'legal' booze back then but man if there was still the same bullshit, I don't see the balance anywhere.

Listen to Lady Vudu and GLVZNIFFER! https://soundcloud.com/ladyvoodoo66/
    "What if -- that which you are looking for, you already are .. that underneath the need for justification and correction, everythingelse already exists - except that whilst the one bit linear computer is looking for it, it hasn't got enough data lines to see anything else whilst it is looking .."
    • lsdPond said...
    • User
    • 20 Sep 2010, 23:36
    Ketamine is only given to animals. WRONG!

" ketamine can be found in the anaesthetics department of almost every general hospital in the world. It is very definitely given to humans, in both industrialised and developing countries. In most countries around the world, including the United States, the European Union and Australia, Ketalar is sometimes given as an anaesthetic to children, the infirm, the aged, persons having severe asthmatic crises, women who are giving birth or having operations, burns patients who may be given the drug repeatedly for days, and persons with chronic pain who may swallow it for years.Ketamine has also been used as a psychotherapeutic aid in humans."

Thank You Ketamine.

• "Why do you need drugs to enjoy life?"

What most non-drug users don't understand is that the revelations one has in an altered state have real applications when sober. This "what goes up must come down" mentality paints psychedelic users as escapists, when it couldn't be further from the truth. Psychedelics are about facing your questions and problems head-on with passion and intention.

I do enjoy life more since taking LSD, MDMA, mescaline etc, because I have learned to drop my biases, do fulfilling things, and have unconditional love. I have a much better understanding of the nature of reality. These are indispensable insights. If you want to see what escapism is like, turn on your television and stare at it for hours grazing on brain-garbage. Expressions like "Why do you need drugs to enjoy life?" are just another way for uninspired people to feel false superiority over others despite their own destructive habits. : / Everybody reflects.

• Pupppet said...
    • User
    • 21 Sep 2010, 15:07
    ^^^
    What she said

Listen to Lady Vudu and GLVZNIFFER! https://soundcloud.com/ladyvoodoo66/
    "What if -- that which you are looking for, you already are .. that underneath the need for justification and correction, everythingelse already exists - except that whilst the one bit linear computer is looking for it, it hasn't got enough data lines to see anything else whilst it is looking .."
  • orangekows said:
    drugs in general should be illegal because imagine your brother/sister/mother/father being addicted...

Right, because the world would be a better place if your family member were serving a jail sentence for a non-violent crime.

• sshann said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2010, 11:37
    Any argument against the use of drugs falls flat on its face when you look at the FACT that cigarettes and alcohol kill more people than all other drugs combined.

When you hit the do-gooders with that they never know what to say

Night sky London amber cream, Onyx rats eyes gleam
  • Well said alexakaz.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Oct 2010, 20:24
    "High for a night, low for a week"

Bollocks. Not high for a week, low for a month :(

• Me: "Weed is way less harmful than alcohol."

Imbecile: "No it's not."

:O

• mop93 said...
    • User
    • 18 Oct 2010, 11:38
    The very concept of marijuana being a gateway drug has always bothered me. American drug education breeds ignorance. In the eyes of these people responsible entheogen use is in the same category of baseheads and junkies...and if they're not yet, then they will be soon.

Second the idea that by altering your mind and senses with drug use you are weak willed and in need of a coping mechanism. It's true that when I have a bad day nothings better than a nice L to cool off at the end of the day, but it's not a coping mechanism. In fact weed replaced a lot of my actual destructive coping mechanisms, and since i've started smoking my life has drastically improved.

"You better take care of me lord, if you don't you'll have me on your hands."
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2010, 07:54
    Just to address mop93's first point, the classic "oh look there's Mr X smoking weed, next thing he will be mugging old women to buy some smack". It has been widely agreed amongst professionals dedicating time to study this theory that in the majority of the time there is no evidence that cannabis use leads to using harder drugs.

Research shows that it is the younger first time users that usually tend to, if they do, try harder drugs. But this is accredited to the young and curious mind, that a underage individual that is rebellious enough to try weed is rebellious enough to try other drugs. This culminates also with the fact that when in the company of a number of people that smoke grass, you are more likely to be in the company with someone that uses or has access to hard drugs than that of someone that doesn't smoke at all. Getting high does not suddenly trigger an urge to get wiped off your face on any available substance.

Personally, I tried weed at quite a young age (12), and gave MDMA a whirl at 16. Since then I have used mushrooms (grew in a field a mile down the road from my school, convenient!), Ecstacy, Coke, Diazipan and Speed. I am really, really keen to try Acid once it becomes available to me and MAYBE Ketamine, undecided on that one. But this is not due to the fact I smoke weed, this is the curious and experimental nature of my personality. That and I fucking love drugs. But I haven't used anything (apart from the odd dose of Methadrone, shit's everywhere at the moment) except grass in about a year, because I just haven't felt the need. But I guarantee I will, time and time again until I die because I enjoy it. But I make it fit my life, and not control it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2010, 08:18
    In fact weed replaced a lot of my actual destructive coping mechanisms

Yeah I'm not out kicking peoples cunts in anymore, or nicking cars like when I was a teenager. Nothing makes me more content than finishing a long day and getting the opportunity to sit down, smoke a spliff and listen to my incredible music collection.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Oct 2010, 22:44
    fidstep said:
    Nothing makes me more content than finishing a long day and getting the opportunity to sit down, smoke a spliff and listen to my incredible music collection.

This. Except for I prefer gravity bong.

Weed has made me abstain from drinking that often. I used to drink alcohol a lot, like going on benders for weeks. Used to boost it up with benzos, too. Nowadays I don't do even weed a lot. I'm sober for the majority of a week. Therefore, I flag for weed.
    However, because of its illegality, I've got into touch with harder drugs. Though, I haven't got hooked on them, at least thus far.

edit: Sorry for the off-topic.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Oct 2010, 00:42
    I need to invest in a new bong :( Really fancy a Volcano Vaporizer!

It may be off topic but it further reiterates the topic point - that arguments against individuals' drug use is stupid. People use various drugs for various reasons, and as long as it is not destructive to anyone outside of yourself or (overly) detrimental to your own lifestyle, it isn't really of anyone else's concern who is using what.

Educate and appreicate.

• "The dope fiend, you can identify him by the crusted semen on his pants from constantly jerking off when he can't find a rape victim."

:D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Dec 2010, 11:38
    "i don't do drugs. just weed."

i hate people who think only socially acceptable drugs are fine to use. Also those who don't want to admit to using drugs. So instead they prefer to think of caffeine, alcohol, and weed as not really being drugs.

• "Psychedelics are bad. You could become psychotic." - said someone who likes gbl...

"You're a junkie and so on" - said an alcoholic to me because I was suffering under the side effects of shrooms.

X_x

• weed leads 2 heroin addiction ... that is TOP lie ;;>)))))

philosophies N volve memes that miss lead, thus Re: verse meme in-gin-ear-ring iz necessary ;;>)))

• [spam]

[spam]

• Psychedelics

"Cannabis makes me JUST feel good", "Mushrooms are funny, yeah" "I dont care about philosophy, shamanism, religions, cultures... All I like to know is getting high, taking mdma and listen music and party." "Cannabis is not for the white man".

...Sound of a Matter...
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.