Best swedish album of the year

• Best swedish album of the year

Which, in your oppinion, is the best swedish album this year? My personal favorite is:

Moneybrother - To die alone

Nothing in this world that is worth having comes easy
  • Jenny Wilson's Love and Youth, The Hellacopters' Rock'n'Roll is Dead and Midaircondo's Shopping for images are three Swedish favorites of mine from this year. There are two more months to go, however, and I suspect that The Embassy will be a strong contender. Their new album is released on November 16th.

.c o t t o n l i o n
  • Re:

Quoth cottonlion:
    Jenny Wilson's Love and Youth, The Hellacopters' Rock'n'Roll is Dead and Midaircondo's Shopping for images are three Swedish favorites of mine from this year. There are two more months to go, however, and I suspect that The Embassy will be a strong contender. Their new album is released on November 16th.

both jenny wilson and midaricondo are fantastic. i agree with you. :)

• JuanMB said...
    • User
    • 27 Oct 2005, 10:39
    I have to agree with The Hellacopters' new album, just great!!

• alice alice alice

alice in videoland - outrageous
    DEFINITELY.
    and yope, the hellacopters new album is kicking.

• Johnossi & Jenny Wilson

Johnossi & Jenny Wilson share the first place this year if you ask me. Still... Thåström might kick them down to second place if his new album is as good as his new single "Fan, fan, fan"!

Edited by eriktoyra on 29 Oct 2005, 14:25
  • Jag ska bli en bättre vän, Mattias Alkberg BD

Not brilliant but fy fan, its catchy

• of recent (very) stuff, Faya

More of the same, but better, if you like Loosegoats or Songs of Soil or any of his other stuff. This album is a bit more downbeat maybe. More Portugal than Paige, if you know what I mean.

All the above (and some others mentioned earlier in the thread, like Kristofer Åström and Moneybrother) have tracks to try out at Startracks

• my vote goes to Kent - du & jag döden.

• I must confess to liking only Max 500 off that one. I do like the Hjärta & Smärta EP though.

• From the darker side of the swedish spoon!

Best Swedish record so far stands between Burst-Origo and Dark Funeral- Attera Totus Sanctus !!!

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back!
  • The only real swedish album released this year; Meshuggah - Catch Thirtythree. Or well, Clawfinger's album is released tomorrow, but anyway.

• Meshuggah is back

I agree that Meshuggah-Catch 33 is a brilliant Meshuggah-album. In my opinion the best since the MCD None(1994)!

It's hard to dance with the devil on your back!
    • c-rex said...
    • User
    • 20 Nov 2005, 01:28
    it's really just a 'collection,' but I have to go with Oh You're So Silent Jens, by the dear Jens Lekman.

• capeten said...
    • User
    • 22 Nov 2005, 14:55

tgr lou!

Utan tvekan Tiger Lou - The Loyal otroligt starkt 2a album
    Andra platsen går utan tvekan till David Sandström Overdrive - Go Down! sommarens skiva...
    Två bästa ep:s Firefox - Whats that sound o I'm from Barcelona - sing!!

LES ENFANTS TERIBLES
  • Moneybrother - to die alone

"Freedom is to trust that you're doing what you must according to your lust"
    • Azna said...
    • User
    • 27 Nov 2005, 13:58
    What I can think of now:
    Christian Kjellvader - Faya, or Moneybrother - To die alone..
    And Navid Modiri och Gudarna - Dags för slagsmål. Otroligt bra, om du inte har hört dem än, kolla upp dem! Det är värt det ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 Dec 2005, 09:00
    Oh slagsmålsklubbens - Sagan om konungens årsinkomst and the legends album, Public Radio. Thats the two best album this year XD

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Dec 2005, 01:32
    Du och jag döden most defiantly for me.

• allhope said...
    • User
    • 9 Dec 2005, 01:50
    Another vote for Du och jag döden.

• The Cardigans - Super Extra Gravity. Uten tvil. Skjønner ikke hva som er så stort med Kent.

• my vote for ep goes to Im from barcelona too.

i mostly bought older full length this year though...the only release of this year I got was Randy's, so i might vote for that.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Dec 2005, 18:25
    club killers - 2 nights with club killers

• sp3tt said...
    • User
    • 22 Dec 2005, 20:45

Re: Meshuggah is back

Quoth keygupps:
    I agree that Meshuggah-Catch 33 is a brilliant Meshuggah-album. In my opinion the best since the MCD None(1994)!

Opeth - Ghost Reveries.

• kent-du & jag döden, håkan hellström-ett kolikbarns bekännelser, millencolin-kingwood, moneybrother-to die alone

"jag vill bara höra dina hjärtslag"
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.