• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 10:59

corpse paint

i was just wondering, what are your opinions about corpse paint?

i myself find it highly unnecesary, the music should speak for itself, if it's good enough the artist wouldn't need corpse paint to strengthen the image

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 16 Feb 2008, 11:12
    Well, I don't mind the corpse paint, the image is very important esp. when you play live. It just makes the music more imposing. But generally I don't give any attention to the look of bandmembers.

• imho, corpse paint is the second... music is simply much interesting...

Qui Bono?
  • Everybody who makes music can put himself some paint or make up at the face... there are so many idiots with Corpsepaint in there face just to look more true, evil and important... Such Posers do it just for their Image!
    What I want to say for example is that a great Band which plays War BM should also "wear" a Warpaint which express something of them, their lyrics and their feelings...
    And Live... "great bands" should have a corpsepaint if it fits... but it should as I just say something express and not be "Made by my girlfriend" look like.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 8 Apr 2008, 03:40
    I don't generally enjoy Corpse Paint, but I do not have a strong distaste for it. Most Corpse Paint, however, is unnecessary.

It all depends on the band's approach, I guess.

• Dark-Mordred said:
    Everybody who makes music can put himself some paint or make up at the face... there are so many idiots with Corpsepaint in there face just to look more true, evil and important... Such Posers do it just for their Image!
    What I want to say for example is that a great Band which plays War BM should also "wear" a Warpaint which express something of them, their lyrics and their feelings...
    And Live... "great bands" should have a corpsepaint if it fits... but it should as I just say something express and not be "Made by my girlfriend" look like.

Agree with this.

Corpse paint is more a sign of generic, shitty BM than anything else these days.

• Amarvl said...
    • User
    • 10 May 2008, 06:58
    I am against band pictures in general. I am not against accompanied images which set the mood for the music and reflect it in a visual medium. I simply see no reason to put the face of the artist on it. What I am even more opposed to is putting them on covers. I tend to differentiate between humans as musicians and humans as persons. If the music is personal, if I like the one I will most likely like the other. But in many cases it is not. There is some music which I like from which I simply know I am going to be annoyed by the 'artist' if I ever meet them, and vice versa.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Jun 2008, 09:34
    In my personal opinion I believe that perfect corpse paint is lame.
    Distraught, messy looking paint and shrouds for clothing gives the music more of a feeling if watched live and only if the band has necro themes to their music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2008, 21:36
    In my personal opinion I believe that perfect corpse paint is lame.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2008, 21:36
    aGREED!!!

• Wolkkkk said...
    • User
    • 24 Dec 2008, 05:47
    people have worn out the idea of painting one-self. Now it`s like wearing ear rings. Your still the same as everybody else. Full of shit and singin about it while thinking that you are still as cool as the previous guy.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 26 Dec 2008, 13:23
    i agree with Lizac, it´s very unneccesary and stupid... important is the music.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 Jan 2009, 12:19
    Joker (as depicted in The Dark Knight) for paint please. Hah

• well as today more and more bands don't use corpsepaint anymore, it's again highly exclusive to put on some make up when playing live and for pictures...

as long as the image of the band is not completely different from the music they make, then I would prefer to use corpsepaint. it will make the overall look of the band more imposing, and the images you see when you watch the show just fit into what you might imagine when you listen to the music. obvioulsy, when this is not the case, then you should have probably not used any corpsepaint at all^^

silent leges inter arma
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.